European culture

>European culture

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_culture
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's completely true. Europe has never been culturally unified.

There is no 'European culture'.
*tips fedora*

South America is very similar to Spain and they're not European.

all European countries except for the Muslim ones maybe are unified in having Western values

Yeah, because Europe is not a country. Every country in Europe has it's own culture

Oh really? What are these "western values" then?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_culture

discarded

I wasn't asking for a wikipedia page. I was asking you yourself to explain what western values are.

>jumping babies
>not culture

>is a term used very broadly
Try to actually argue your point instead of just pasting some TL;DR article

But you're right, European youth are the same little shits everywhere consuming the same Anglo culture and thus are more unified than they have ever been

>(((Stuchbery)))

I hate when Sup Forums is right.

He's right. Ethnicity is what matters, Russia and Spain in no way has a similar culture

I wonder what these american right wing teenagers mean by "defending european culture". Isn't western values like equality, democracy etc. considered bad in their eyes?

if you really think about it, the one unifying aspect is christianity
i'm sure people are gonna get assblasted but when we think of european culture we literally only think of the christian world
take that away and you'd have nothing linking these countries together

He's right you know.

russia and spain cultures were influenced by greece, rome and christianity. they speak indoeuropean languages. a spaniard would feel more at home in moscow but not in mogadishu or mecca.

Ancient Greece and Rome are considered the birthplaces of western culture, both were not Christian at the height of their power. Modern western culture comes from the enlightenment, which was often a rejection of dogmatic Christianity in favour of rationalism and empericism.

Reminder the EU is killing European culture
The EU leaders want to try to turn Europe into the US, but things don't work that way

Not really. A Spaniard would freeze to death in Moscow (depending from which region they are).

t. butthurt boomer who's about to get sanctioned by Emperor Macron

wh*Toid BTFO

The absolute state of Spanish "men".

a big part of it yes

but there's something connecting all europe, from russia to portugal, regarding high culture and the elites. Just think about the mutual influence of italian poetry in england, or regarding music in continental europe.
Or renaissance, the art movements, architecturial styles.

There is definitively some sort of european culture. But people mistake this for common culture of every single people/ethnicity, which can be really different

if that was the unifying aspect then the arab world would also be included since they extensively used ancient greek texts in the middle ages
countries like russia or spain were barely affected by the renaissance and enlightenment too
spin it any way you want, a being part of the christian world defines what we think of as european
if russians had converted to islam, they'd have had far more contact with persians, ottomans, the arab world and we'd think of them as something like slavic tatars instead of europeans

It's killing tribalism, which is the natural state of the European but has never been historically good for them.

>russia or spain were barely affected by the renaissance and enlightenment too
you might want to read about russian literature, or about all the classical music composed by russians, definitevely following the common "european" rules regarding the subject.
Same thing with spain, for example many musicians traveled and worked at the court of the spanish kings. Let alone the bourbons that were all over europe

high european culture is a thing, and it has nothing to do with christianity

That's because we are used to the opposite. We get 40+°C which would instantly melt most tourist fuckers here.

>Lower than 15ºC
>Suitable for human life.

I don't want to larp Alpha Centaury in your country where it hits record temperatures in winter and summer.

In central Russia we have +35 during summer with 70-80% humidity. You're just a bunch of pussies.

>Christianity is a unifying aspect
>countless wars have been fought over Christianity in Europe

Christianity has greatly influenced European art, music, philosophy, etc. It certainly has not been a catalyst for unity.

russian literature, classical music and so on flourished in the 18th, 19th centuries precisely after Peter the great's reforms to westernize russia after he studied in the netherlands, before which russia was seen as an asian country
would this have happened if peter the great's predecessors had converted to islam? no, he would've gone to study in persia or constantinople and would have never westernized russia

What kind of retards are in this thread? Seriously. How are you this unironically retarded? Fuck me .

>freeze
yeah right
i said moscow, not the wilderness.
we have somalis driving taxis in the northwest territories

i don't mean political unity, i mean the factor that makes us think of these far away cultures as somehow part of the same overall group

Good thing I live in the Pyrenees and I can live under both 40+°C and below 0°C.

He didn't go to the Netherlands because of Christianity though, nor did he westernise Russia because of it

>russia was seen as an asian country
Chink education everybody

no? so if he was muslim, jewish, budhist or whatever, would he have acted the same?

not completely asian but i mean it wasn't really seen as european, much more after peter's reforms

Well, we are slowly becoming a desert.

Why are niggers so retarded?

This, we have more in common with Morocco than with Finland.

Damn, my friend just moved to spain and I didn't know you are a 3rd world Islamic country.

t. Ahmed

Culture have many layers. One of them is european.

Seen by who? Links, quotes dude.

We have certainly seen lots of Buddhists and shinto becoming increasingly western. Every 6 year old middle class kid in China and Japan can play Chopin on a piano. As much as we meme Jews unless they are orthodox or Hasidic we can't tell a Canadian, British, or French jew from a Christain one.

How are we similar to spain?

you're really stretching it, i'm not saying attempts to westernize in the late 19th century at the earliest just because european imperialism forced them to

still, those buddhist countries are asian, no matter how much chopin they play
jews are a minority, i'm referring to what we think of as european civilization today, jews aren't numerous enough to be considered as having their own civilizatation, some fit into european culture, some into middle eastern

>there is no European culture
What are you imbeciles talking about?All of the cultures that evolved in Europe ARE what European culture stands for.
>inb4 Bulgarians are no European
We've been European longer than most.

They lack European culture obviously.

*falls on the babies*
haha oops

bet this happens a lot

That's what people are asking you to do, define modern western culture. So far all you have come up with is "most of us are Christian of one form or another and to some degree and it's not relevant that western culture predated Christianity or that non-Christains can be quite western," which we have claimed for obvious reasons is a weak argument.

there is no EUROPEAN culture. only bulgarian, swabian, portuguese, frisian, maltan cultures just to mention a few
there is also no unitedstatian culture. there's californian, texan, dixie, yankee, etc.
you can't just make an union and blend anyone inside. "melting pot" a shit

>Spain was barely affected by the renaissance
American tier post

fuck off nigger subhuman, tribalism is the natural state of man

THIS

We have more in common with Japan, Russia and Sweden than Spain or Netherlands or France or Italy etc

We have jumping over bonfires and the Greeks had jumping over bulls.Jumping over babies is something that should not be in your culture anymore.It is stupid and dangerous.

Finnic-East-Asian Union when?

>Japan
neck yourself weeb

>european countrylets think they have unique cultures
There are more differences between neighbouring regions in Russia than between Portugal and Sweden, lol

It is, but we have seen what happens when we let it get to it's worst (WWI) or when we merely play lip service to it but actually become more open (Rome).

You have NOTHING in common with Russia, finnshit

>I mean, never lived in any of them, but it seems obvious from my animated pictoric depictions of japanesee girls.

You seem confused.
All of the micro cultures of Europe ARE what people consider as European culture.
Also European cultures may not be a melting pot but they are not separate either.They interact with one another and take influences from one another.
You can be as mad as you like but European culture is a thing.
No amount of shitposting will change that.

i'm not defining western culture, i am saying the cultures we think of as european have one common aspect: christianity

give me one other aspect that is shared by all those countries and not shared by countries outside of what we think of as european culture

>countries like russia or spain were barely affected by the renaissance

Dude... Spain SHAPED the Renaissance

Serbia and Russia share more values with Turkey and Iran than with any Western country

I FUCKED UP PLS FORGIVE ME SPAINBROS

The EU created (or at least attempted to create) European culture in the first place

>You have NOTHING in common with Russia, finnshit

Hi dad

Not with Morocco, subhuman mohammed

Japan does actually have similarities to Finland. The languages are similar, both cultures value keeping to yourself and working hard etc. It might be a stretch, but I can't find anything similar to say about Southern European countries.

>Russia is also a part of European culture
>buttblasted Putin bots literally start foaming around the mouth when you tell them that they are in fact European
You are European.
Your language is European.
Your writing is European.
Your music is European.

Russians ARE European.
>inb4 we are not
Pycнaцитe ca eвpoпeйци и тoвa изpeчeниe e дoкaзaтeлcтвo c кoeтo ти нe мoжeш дa ce пpeбopиш..

>we have a couple of building from the imperial times, we wuz russians and shiet

also have similar quality of life to Turkey than to Western ones

You guys are practically indistinguishable from Arabs.

oletko sinä vittu tosissas?

That was the point from the beginning, there isn't a European culture.
Individualism would be something that is much more common in Europe than Asia or Africa where collectivism prevail. Also youth above age.

THIS
H
I
S

>europeans are so buttmad that they never conqured Russia, that they invented an entire alternate reality where they did and are now living in it
You people need help, seriously.

Before Peter the Great yes, you waz asiatic. After Peter the Great no. And with the Bolsheviks you brought western scientific and cultural paradigms in the form of marxism to the asiatic peoples of the Soviet Union.

No en täysin. Se on kyllä ihan totta etten haluu olla missään tekemisissä Etelä-Euroopan kanssa.

>let me tell you about your country

The fuck is "asiatic"?

there is. you have something in mind when you think of european culture and if it was just ancient greco-roman ruins then turkey would be considered european with no problem, yet a lot of europeans don't like the idea of accepting turkey as european. now why is that?

>The birthplace of civilization has no culture
lol k

everything that is not "western" according to the great "western" philosophers.

>he speaks my language and writes my writing
>he thinks that i need to conquer him
!!!KeK!!!
Stop spewing bullcrap.I've been in both Your and Turkeys capital cities.You have nothing and i mean absolutely nothing in common with them.Unless you are a cockroach passing trough Serbia an shitposting on Sup Forums.

>The birthplace of civilization
>e*rope

he's right, but for the wrong reasons. He is probably implying Europe has no culture for some dumb SJW reason, what would be correct is that Europe does not have a single culture, but many.

>Literal subhuman
>Knowing anything about being civilized
Top lel

>he speaks my language and writes my writing

it's greece

>Stop spewing bullcrap.I've been in both Your and Turkeys capital cities.You have nothing and i mean absolutely nothing in common with them.Unless you are a cockroach passing trough Serbia an shitposting on Sup Forums.
no you obviously have not

>ottoman cuisine
>ottoman music
>ottoman national costume
>the biggest tourist attraction is the ottoman fortress
>the tavern quarter bears an ottoman name

you know shit

>e*ropean
>calling anyone, let alone a russian, subhuman

>the oldest gold jewelry on the planet was found in modern Bulgaria
>Bulgaria is a part of Europe
>the latest archaeological finds place the dawn of man on the Balkans and not in Africa
Don't you people even read?

Nah, It is mesopotamia