Feroe Islands

What is this place like?

Until I came to Sup Forums I didn't know this country actually existed, we had a publicity a couple years ago about a guy from Feroes that rooted for the Uruguayan national team and shit like that. "Feroe islands" sounded stupid so I thought it was a made up place just for fun, Vinland Saga also mentioned the place.

youtube.com/watch?v=jm2urKGtGPk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m1bBnpkDjNI
youtube.com/watch?v=DE-SwehwyXk
youtu.be/Jzt2yESmd2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It doesn't exist, it's just part of Denmark, it's a local regional flag within the Danish Kingdom.

what the fuck
delete this

Is this banter

Theyre the product of a bunch of Norwegians raping Irish girls. It used to be a part of Norway until Denmark somehow got a hold of it in the wake of the Napolenic wars. We had a Faroese king once. They kill a ton of whales and make good music
t. expert faroelogist

a trash "country" with a shitty language

this 2bh
the so-called, self-styled "Faroe Islands" are just another part of the Kingdom of Denmark, much like Wales is a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Both are distinct constituent countries of Kingdoms, but they import their culture from the more powerful nation (Denmark and England respectively), their local languages are nearly extinct, and they have regional "parliaments" with very little power.

Nowadays, the Faroe Islands and Wales can be considered to be as much of a part of Denmark and England as Region Midtjylland is a part of Denmark and Cambridgeshire is a part of England, just with a dash of what they believe to be autonomy.

Why would you let a country called Dinamarca steal your shit?.

>t. clueless

Idk how the process went by but we used to be a part of Denmark (muh union) and all of our overseas stuff except for Svalbard and Jan Mayen were given to Denmark. They basically jewed us out

nice fiction

Isn't denmark really small though? Noruega is way bigger. How did they give up so much land?

Proxy?

faroise national anthem: "ice cool", a song by fareoise rapper "lil snow"
faroise national dish: the imported crumbs left over when manufacturing swedish knäckebröd
faroise national movie: tanic the hedgehog youtube.com/watch?v=m1bBnpkDjNI
faroise national drink: the sperm from sperm whales...fermented

no

More people in Denmark. Its a really flat country with tons of arable land. Norway is just mountains, hills and tundra

Why do you hate them so much? or are swedes rude to all nordics?

seems like it

Oh they're similar to us then.

Nowadays you have the same population though but I guess you can't compare to old times especially in those places, survival must've been tougher.

Norway have always been the least of the Scandi countries. Most of our industry in the 1350s was connected to fishing and shit so when the plague came, Norway basically collapsed. We became dependent on Sweden and Denmark and foreign nobles were elected as kings, leading to the union with Denmark

>sweden has to save little old denamrk time and time again
you are welcome

Faroeposter

i thought the guy who rooted for us lived in iceland

Not as rare as greenlandposter trough

i thought wrong

Sweet dreams Isaac ;_;7

swedes are probably the most autistic of us, so that might explain it. danes are pretty normal, and we're somewhere in between

he is originally from russia. Moved here some 15 years ago.
But he speaks pretty much fluent faroese, even changed his name to faroese.
Loves uruguay.
weird guy.

i have a few sweden friends and they're ok, i know a norwegian guy and he's pretty nice, i've never had an actual convo with a danish guy, but i have heard danish and i can tell you i have never heard such a shitty language

dude actually a nice guy, i like him

I agree with this. I really Norwegian though.

did he died?

danish is a superhuman language, it's obvious that a s*daca subhuman like you couldn't appreciate it

>an island full of Elliots

checked

looks like a desert
youtube.com/watch?v=DE-SwehwyXk

youtu.be/Jzt2yESmd2c
Do you understand this?

yes, it's jutish
and that video is fucking disgusting

How new are you? He has posted here for a long time.