MAMORU OSHII DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT GITS CASTING

>"What issue could there possibly be with casting her?" Oshii told IGN by e-mail. "The Major is a cyborg and her physical form is an entirely assumed one. The name 'Motoko Kusanagi' and her current body are not her original name and body, so there is no basis for saying that an Asian actress must portray her. Even if her original body (presuming such a thing existed) were a Japanese one, that would still apply."

>"In the movies, John Wayne can play Genghis Khan, and Omar Sharif, an Arab, can play Doctor Zhivago, a Slav. It's all just cinematic conventions," he explained. "If that's not allowed, then Darth Vader probably shouldn’t speak English, either. I believe having Scarlett play Motoko was the best possible casting for this movie. I can only sense a political motive from the people opposing it, and I believe artistic expression must be free from politics."

ign.com/articles/2017/03/21/original-ghost-in-the-shell-director-mamoru-oshii-has-no-problem-with-live-action-remake

BASED AS FUCK

White people should not take Asian roles.

WHAT THE FUCK DELETE THIS ASSHOLE

THIS JUST IN

THE GUY WHO SOLD THE RIGHTS TO GITS FOR SHEKELS DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE FRANCHISE

MORE NEWS AT 11

The problem is that ScarJo is a terrible actor that hit the wall years ago and doesn't fit the role even a little.

She should be white. Not Jewish.

Fuck ScarJo and jew nepotism.

>As always the only people crying about first world problems affecting minorities are white college students.

Millennials should all go through a genocide.

Why would he when he already knows the biggest spoiler?

>THE GUY WHO SOLD THE RIGHTS TO GITS FOR SHEKELS DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE FRANCHISE
/thread

>this is the moment when the alt-left knew they fucked up

Ironically enough, it seems like only westerners are pissed at the whitewashing controversy

The japanese don't give a fuck about identity politics

Yeah that's a genuinely cool opinion and all but...

>I believe having Scarlett play Motoko was the best possible casting for this movie

FUCKYOU. I don't mind them casting a caucasian actress but it should have been someone in shape who is attractive and can act. So definitely not Scarfat Johamson.

> Oshii had the rights for GitS

Whut. He just directed the first two movies.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

My problem with the casting was the fact that they gave the role to a fucking cow.

Actresses do jack shit to prepare for roles, while actors will completely alter their diet and workout routine to accurately portray a role.

Whats her name again?

I could have sworn he also had the rights to the IP. Who owns the rights then? I don't know if it isn't Oshii.

why NOT a asian actress?

roles for asians are so rare and limited.

Finally (!) a asian story, set in asia, comes along.... and the lead role goes to some westerner

look at pacific rim, that turned out pretty well didnt it?

paramount studioes are the same people who whitewashed The Last Airbender

Japs have been whitewashing themselves since anime and manga became a comercial product

Masamune Shirow created GITS user...

are you saying that this poor oppressed asian man is wrong? SHAME ON YOU RACIST

I get the argument that it's more fitting for someone to look like they're from the region it's taking place in, and i tend to agree

the argument from the whiners though is that asians are "underrepresented" or some nonsense and therefore deserve the roles more than white people. it's blatant racism

Doesn't he care about ScarJo not being able to ACT?

Oshii doesn't have the rights of GitS. There have been plenty of other GitS anime without Oshii's participation, like Stand Alone Complex and Alternative Architecture.

asians are really underrepresented though, there are blacks and latinoes gets roles all the time but asians are nowhere to be seen

so why not? its not racism, its a genuine question

Asian actress (literally who's?) - no money
Scarlett - money
It's not hard to understand

He's not wrong.

Its a future where people can be augmented, some capable of controlling entire body shells or having their brain electronically stored in one. They can be whatever they want.

If a little slanteyed girl wants to look like the most well payed American actress on earth than can you really blame her?

Oh yeah I guess Shirow would have the rights huh...

Well whatever fuck you user! Stop making me look stupid and let me just REEEE at this shitshow of a movie! I fucking love the original movie more than my child. I can say that because I don't have a child. Apparently you need a woman for that, I haven't figured out that whole process yet though.

Have any of you ever met a japanese person that didn't want to be white?

why hasn't someone said "our guy" yet?

star power used to be true in the past but its no longer a prerequisite for success

there are many movie hits with relatively unknown new actors (for example shia +megan for transformers)

and I dont think would be cheap to hire scarjo either

Are you saying Asians are unable to create their own movies?

Whitey has to do it for them?

Literally only bored white college kids care about this shit. No one outside america gives a shit, even japs themselves said that they prefer a white actor because they look more like their cartoons characters

When you get millions of dollars for your creation and the ones giving it to you tell you to don't screw up you must definitely wont talk shit about it.

Most Japs don't give a fuck about anime to start with

while I do agree with him, John Wayne as Genghis Khan isn't exactly the best example of colourblind casting

Holy fuck weebs on suicide watch

because the concept of representation in a movie is retarded to begin with. a fictional character does not speak for you just because he or she shares your race. you didn't elect them, they were chosen from a pool of people because the person creating a piece of art thought they were the best fit. that's literally all there is to it, whiners want to pathologize the director for his choice and make it into a political issue when it isn't one

It doesn't change that Scarjo is a shit actress.

>creating their own movie

>literally an adaption of a IP made in japan

are you saying westerners cant write an original script?

Nobody cares about asians as a minority

So they are recreating the SAC season 2 scene?

Because they don't cry and actually work hard.
Can't wait till the Arabs cry for racism and movies will be Arabwashed

I agree completely but they could've chose someone better than that quickly aging chubby kike.

I mean Oishii based a fuck, but I was just looking for any excuse not to have to look at Scarlets ugly mug.

>That feel when the best non-white characters in films are actually white people in disguise

>weebs are ok with japan taking western stuff and raping it
>get extremely defensive when westerners do the same

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck why did i click that (but also that's pretty cool)

>are you saying westerners cant write an original script?

I've seen/read quite a few this year already.

You didn't answer my question. Are you unable to?

Recognizable names are more important than ever.
Transformers is already a well known franchise so famous actors are less important.

GitS is not that well known among normies so it needs a famous actor to stand out.

>WHY DID THEY CAST ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR AND HIGHEST GROSSING ACTRESSES IN THE WORLD AND NOT SOME UNKNOWN JAP IN THIS EXPENSIVE BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE???

SJW stupidity never ceases to amuse me.

>John Wayne and 3/4 of the movie cast & crew got cancer because of Genghis Khan movie.

feels bad man

The Major can be white, I dont give a fuck about that.

The movie is fucked because they picked ScarJo because she fucking sucks

of course there are asian movies made by asians. GITS itself is a movie. Are you retarded?

just because you can do it doesnt mean people cant be upset when the result looks like shit

>Actresses do jack shit to prepare for roles, while actors will completely alter their diet and workout routine to accurately portray a role.

wew

based jew hater

keeping it real as ever

To look at it from another angle, is there an asian actress in Hollywood atm that would have the box office draw to make the movie at least as successful as with ScarJo? It's easy to talk about ideals when it's not your money on the line.

These

>pork in a shell
>ghost in taco bell
>body shaped like a bell
>200 pounds feeling swell
>farts loud as 100 decibel
>android lipid cell
>belly stuck in a well
>diet plan? do tell
>weight watchers was hell
>in the fridge i dwell
>after sports i smell
>tumblr thinks I'm a bombshell
>gluttons are our clientele
>elevator instead of stairwell
>perky tits farewell"

>mamoru o$$$$$$$hii

money influences people you know

regardless, fuck scarjo: it's bad casting

actresses expire like milk though

A list actresses dont have the staying power of A list actors, look at Cruise/Keanu/Depp/Clooney/Leonardo, they are like 50 but still play top roles

Scarjo is one of the biggest now but her own time is almost up, her prime is already over

>Caucasian looking robot body
>Asian

are you fucking retarded?

Post a picture of yourself

>"What issue could there possibly be with casting her?" Oshii told IGN by e-mail. "The Major is a cyborg and her physical form is an entirely assumed one

Exactly. Anyone who has a problem with ScarJo being white:

Don't actually understand the first film.

>why NOT a asian actress?
Money.

the problem is that there are no A list asian actresses anymore, and if you're an asian american, that sucks. you're not culturally related to any asian country and you're bombarded by white and black people in all your media.

Ghost in The Shell? More like Pigs in the Blanket.

I'm not an actor, I don't get paid to look presentable on a big screen.

This
The casting is just plain bad.

BECAUSE YOU'RE UGLY HAHAHA

That's just women in general.

Monica Bellucci and Susan Sarandon are rare exceptions. Most women start losing their looks in their late twenties or early thirties and look like dried up or bloated corpses by the time they hit 40 and every year after that is just more of a horror show.

The candle that burns twice as bright only lasts half as long.

Post a picture of yourself

>cant be upset when the result looks like shit

Oh, you've seen the new movie?

Full review please

Nips are notorious for being too polite and never saying what they really think because that's rude. Nips never speak ill of anyone because it's dishonorable. They're few exceptions like Akira Toriyama but he's a turboautist and he's too big so he can get away with it.

That's what you think he's doing? Have you actually seen the original film?

So, which are you, underage or over 35?

try taking one with a time stamp :3

Did they change her name, or not? The trailer said Mira

>best possible casting

Masamune Sharon owns the rights to gits, he made the Manga so he gets all the licenses money.

>thinking it wont be mediocre and uninspiring at best when the trailers and leaked fight scenes already fail hard

go ahead and give them your $25 for the 3D ticket while you are at it

>I can only sense a political motive from the people opposing it, and I believe artistic expression must be free from politics."

Jesus fuck, how will the west ever recover from this complete BTFO?

Mein fraulein

post feet

>Even death can't stop Genghis Khan from killing

I never liked the cartoon. I prefer the comic.

I assume you enjoyed the more laid back style of it all? Otherwise they end exactly the same way.

I'd say that Judi Dench has aged fine

The comic is funnier and has more tits

as much as I would like MOTOKO KUSANAGI to be played by a Japanese woman, this is true.

however, the idea that Scarjo pulls in any fucking money notable at all in the year 2017 is completely laughable, however in terms of pure numbers she'd objectively put more asses in seats than someone like Rinko Kikuchi.

>calling anime cartoons

BAKA GAIJIN, TEMAE KONO YAROU

If my money was on the line, I sure as fuck wouldn't be bankrolling a Ghost in the Shell movie in the first place. Let's just assume the publishers are functionally retarded here.

She's apparently not Motoko Kusanagi anymore. Unless I missed something

"I was paid to say this"

It's implied that the Major's name is an alias. We don't know if she was ethnically Japanese.

Did you actually see the original film?

Her name is irrelevant. Her ethnicity is irrelevant. That's the point of the original film.

Not that user but we all saw how morose and defeated he looked in the behind scenes filming clips.

He sold out, lad. Just admit it already.