Is it true that the 90s didn't really end until 2006?

Is it true that the 90s didn't really end until 2006?

The 90's ended with Jan 1, 2000.

No, he means more in the metaphorical sense. Like the culture of the 90's didn't end until 2006

Well, do you mean the early "2-frame animated CGI titles superimposed against a brick wall" '90s or the middle "flannel shirts and hair parted down the middle" '90s or the late "establishing shot of high school with skaters coming down the front stairs railing while alt-rock plays" '90s?

>Teen Titans
>First episode date: July 19, 2003

Late 90s. 2006 was the last time you could just barely get away with wearing certain late 90s/early 00s fashions like khaki cargo jeans

The 90s officially ended on September 11, 2001.

came to say this

This is the correct answer.

You'd think no one would give a shit about two ugly skyscrapers, but everyone had to freak out.

I honestly agree with this.

So many great holdovers from the 90s died in 2006.

>Teen Titans
>That 70's show
>MitM

None of these were 90's shows user kun

That 70s Show is from 1998 and Malcolm in the Middle premiered in February 2000 which is really damn close to 90s

I'd actually kind of agree with this.
Early 90s were completely different from late nineties, just like early 80s was really more like the 70s.
Meh, it had a long period of death throes after 9/11, I think it took us awhile to realize things aren't going back to how it was.

I kind of pity people that didn't get a good chunk of life before the post 9/11 world, world really did go to shit in the last two decades.

I miss pre-9/11 but I'd gladly even take 2002-2006 over today

the "90s" ended with 9/11 tbqh

Who /90skid/ here
>Me:1998

>PS1 discontinued
>Next generation of gaming begins

So this is just completely ignoring the gamecube/PS2/Xbox generation that the early 00s brought us?

this, it stole our innocence

You're gonna say the same shit about today in 15 years

But teen titans started in 2003...how does that count as 90s

Born after 1993, you're not a 90s kid. You're an 00s kid, to be quite honest familia

90s ended 9/11, then you had kino early 00's where House, RnB and Techno reigned supreme

Why the fuck has culture been stagnating since 2007

90s ended on september 11,2001
the early 2000s ended in 2006, after that is when it went downhill to where we are now

Nice goalposts you've got there.
Care to move them back to their original position for a sec?

The 90s ended on September 11, 2001

Web site's 18+ only bromilio.

Lol I'm so old haha

Probably.
Niggah I'm 34 and I'd still take 95-05 over anything today.

No, all of that was carried over to the early 2000s, becuase those so called 90s shows usually had an update/imporvement from when they started in the 90s..
Early 2000s period ended on 2006

This

>tfw we can never go back. Time will always be marching on and pulling us with it, eventually over a cliff, to our deaths

If you were young, sure. But anthrax? The DC snipers? Iraq? Saber rattling with Iran? The tech bubble bursting?

It was way higher stakes than the 90s "let's bomb Kosovo, get a BJ from an intern, then hit up the skate park".

Life stops being good very quickly. There is no more pleasure to be had from life for anybody here. The cliff is something you should welcome and the fact that you seem to be moving towards it at a faster and faster pace is something to be greatful for. How many years do you really want to sit around thinking about that increasingly distant good period for?

It's fragmented. There's no longer one or two stations playing the nightly news, Must See TV isn't a thing (other than maybe Game of Thrones), everything's got its own subreddit.

However our society is due for a reconsolidation. No idea what it'll look like though.

>Pluto became a planet in the 90s

who /'90/ here?

I honestly don't care about that

My life is ok enough as to where I fear death. I like existing. I like being a thing. I fear death. I don't want to become nothing, forever

The ps2 wasn't discontinued until 2012 or something, it had a very long run

My point was how does the passing from PS1 to PS3 symbolize the end of the 90s when you're completely ignoring the playstation 2?

90s had Oklahoma City bombing, Waco and Columbine.

9/11 shot the 90s
it bled out until 2006

Mid 2000s>Early 2000s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Late 2000s

This

ITT

>I'M TOO YOUNG TO HAVE EXPERIENCED THE CULTURE OF THE 90'S BUT I LATCH TO IT AND PRETEND IT ACTUALLY ENDED IN THE MID 2000'S SO I CAN FEEL INCLUDED

Fuck off kiddies

Early 2000s culture was nothing like the 90s, you braindead Generation Z little shit.

Now we have a monthly columbine, we have so many columbines that it's become the norm.

You're quoting nobody.

Hannah montana started in early 2006(mid 00s) but was most popular around 2007-2011(late 00s). Is it a mid 00s thing or a late 00s thing?

The culture of the 90s lasted until the start of 2007. You're a deluded idiot if you think otherwise.

The culture of the early 2000s was very much shaped by 9/11 and the ensuing War on Terror. It overshadowed any remaining "90s culture".

Actually the culture of the 90s lasted until summer 2006 when Malcolm in the middle ended

As far as I'm concerned the 2000's lasted from 9/11 to the crash in November '08.

by what fucking metric can you even believe this?

it's funny because I can tell you were born sometime after 2000

kids born in 1995 used to say the 90's culture ended around 9/11

then kids born in like 1997 said it ended in 2004/2005

now kids like you are born post-2000 and saying the 90s (something they literally never experienced in any sense of the word) lasted until 2007

fuck off

>Days of Our Lives is still airing
>60's culture is still around!

90s ended when Daria was cancelled.

>he doesn't realize the 90s never ended

No little part of the torment of existence lies in this, that Time is continually pressing upon us, never letting us take breath, but always coming after us, like a taskmaster with a whip.

no? 2012 was the last good year.

When did the 90s start

90's ended in '99. /thread

I don't really remember the last time I was actually happy desu. Now I just get a random "rush" and feel good for a few days from time to time.

The 90s lasted precisely 4 years (1991-1994). Anything before that was just leftover 80s. Everything after that was pre-2000s.

The Ps2 was discontinued only 6 months before the Wii. The PS3 outlasted both the Wii and Wii-U.

kids born 1992 and up have no idea about the 90s since they where bag of mindless flesh during this period

To truly have experienced the 90s, you would need to be a teenager at the very least in 1990.

To me that'd be somewhere in '91 or '92, when the '87 recession ended.

>being a retard
When was 2 years old i was already appreciating subtitled foreign kino, you pleb.

>all the IED casualties that were constantly reported
Did we deserve those for invading their country under false pretenses?

I was born in 1995 and even i remember things were just BETTER then

Who here /early2000skid/?

This entire thread is reddit incarnate.

No, because the people truly deserving it (e.g., Karl Rove, Cheney, all the spineless congressmen who voted for USA PATRIOT and the invasion of Iraq) did not and have not suffered as a result.

>> 9/11 was upsetting because of two skyscrapers getting wrecked
>> the titanic was tragic because a really nice boat got ruined
>> Hiroshima was such a shame because it fucked up some prime real estate
>> the nation mourned the shooting of JFK because it got stains all over the nice car seats
>> the aurora Colorado theater massacre was a bummer because the audience didn't get to see the rest of the Dark Knight

Am I getting a good read on your thought process?

Because you were a fucking kid you mong

This entire post is reddit incarnate.

ofc its retarded to say you know the 90s when you where a 5y old kid in 98

kill yourself

shut up idiot you may remember 00 but you have no idea about the 90s at this time you where just a retard diaper wearing 4y old

bump

No it's just something kids born in 98 claim after a bunch of people told them they're not a 90s kid if they don't remember a portion of the actual decade.