I think Fargo is a pretty fucking cool show, but something about Season 1 bothered me quite a bit:

I think Fargo is a pretty fucking cool show, but something about Season 1 bothered me quite a bit:

at the very end, when colin hanks kills marlo, and everyone is just all stoked about it.. he didnt kill him, he MURDERED him. he found out where he would appear, broke in, sat there with a gun and waited for him, to kill him, and then when he showed up, he was unarmed, non-aggressive, and he just shot him point blank. he could have called the cops and they could all have been waiting for him... i mean he was a wanted killer so i guess maybe he wouldnt have gone to jail, but they were so fucking excited and stoked. shouldnt there have been SOME grayness to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Gufd32a9-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i felt the same.

yeah it honestly would have been more interesting of an ending if he had been arrested when the cops came
i doubt he'd get a very harsh sentence but vigilantism is still a crime, and he still murdered the guy

I'm guessing you didn't pay much attention to the dorner situation

He was mind broken by Malvo. He knew if he stuck around him too long Malvo would find a way to control him. He's literally the devil he can do whatever he wants.

yeah noone is refuting that, and i would have done the same thing, but still, he did MURDER him, in cold blood

at the very least do an investigation or some shit. just dont everybody cheer and go "hooray at you for killing this dude"

what fantasy world are you living in that cops wont kill a copkiller in coldblood and/or cover it up

Im sorry you've all missed the subtext. Malvo is a beast. Colin Hanks (Gus?) is animal control. Just as Malvo mercy killed the deer in episode one, Colin Hanks mercy kills Malvo before he can do any more harm.

I normally dislike "muh EPIC bad ass villain" character but Malvo was pretty cool. What do Sup Forums think kept him from being a completely reddit character?

yea ok jordan peterson
ofc i got that, but in fucking real life noone would react to that event the way they did

in a world where the case is very high profile & would definitely potentially be under investigation & scrutiny?

He's really sexy and charismatic even though he's an old man.

this is why I mentioned the dorner case, you dont understand reality

that was the point, he was a little bitch when they first met and wouldnt even detain him after he threatened him, but when he got a second chance he nutted up and just executed him right then and there rather than risk taking him alive and having him escape and come after him and his family

he got away with it because he could have just said oh he was going for his gun I had to shoot, no one's going to pick too hard at cop all by himself "having" to shoot a known mass murderer

Yeah my point is youre falling into the worst critical trap of taking Fargo as a TRUE story when its pretty plainly a mythic text. Im not sure who Jordan Peterson is, if you want you could explain your reference.

Id love to hear your thoughts on the unrealistic reactions to UFOs in season 2. Thatd be an interesting analysis of art.

jordan peterson is an autistic fag

he wasn't a cop, though. An ex-cop, now a postman. Malvo's death was definitely a murder in cold blood, and I too was bothered that nobody really seemed to give a fuck. I guess it'd be different if Gus was a cop, but he wasn't, he was an ordinary citizen.

reference doesnt matter, but the UFOs in season 2 arent an annoyance in the same regard, because they "make sense within the context of the universe"

everyone just being stoked when a man gets murdered in cold blood doesnt psychologically make sense for the universe, when you are basing it in reality

of course i dont think its a TRUE story, its pretty entirely obvious it doesnt matter, and that one dude doesnt walk into a building and slaughter like 30 people. that never happened in fucking north dakota (well maybe when they were killing indians, but they hardly had buildings)

it just doesnt make sense that people wouldnt react with at least SOME... caution, when arriving at a scene where someone has been killed. and yea the whole mythology yadda yadda, but it still has to make sense within the context of the story, universe, and characters, which is heavily based in how people act in real life and soforth, and in that context, they wouldnt have reacted as entirely positively as they did

youre unpleasant

yeah i know, im not criticizing the psychology of colin hanks' character, just everyone who arrived at the scene afterwards

that's a good point I forgot about that, still IRL they would just have one of the other cops take credit r burn the cabin down and say it was an accident.
>youre unpleasant
you know where to go if you dont like it

This post is cancer.

I guess its just not the biggest logical leap. Yeah Gus isnt a cop now, but he's a former cop. What he did is still pretty plainly heroic. I dont find it hard to accept that especially after Malvos tapes are found at the scene that the cops gave no shits about Gus. Sometimes the drama of the moment is allowed to trump the realness of the scene. Its such a good arc for Gus and Malvo, both coming to their dramatic end that the minor logical detour doesnt really bother me.

Whereas like the UFOs are a total departure at the end of season 2. I honestly dont get how you can shrug off them and have a problem with that one scene. I dont like hate you or anything but I do feel like youre getting caught up on a minor detail that most people arent bothered by because its not all that salient to the story. Im not sure if anything would be gained from having Gus thrown in jail, released on bond and put through a trial of his peers to be acquitted because nobody was going to blame him once Malvo was found to he who he was.

But hey, we all have opinions that drive us nuts and nobody else really grasps. I cant stand the end of Guardians of the Galaxy because I think its really contrived how they come together to want to save the universe when theres not really sufficient motivation for any of them to give a shit in my opinion. So I guess what I'm saying is, I love you and I hope you find love.

Is he single? Sounds sexy

probably, not a lot of women look for pseudoscientists who ramble on the internet about the cultural history of frogs

>Fag
>Date women

This is the most sincere Ive ever been with a pick one meme.

women can be men

I don't understand why someone would hate Peterson so much as to bring him up in random, unrelated conversations and then start to insult him.

This being Sup Forums rules you out as a SJW, so I guess you are a "centrist" contrarian?

I didn't bring him up I just dont like him

i referenced him because user said something about the mythology behind the scene and yadda yadda, and thats what peterson keeps going on about. it wasnt an insult to neither him nor anyone. it was an excellent, nicely timed reference that you morons were too ignorant to get.

everyone reacts to the UFOs in a sorta psychologically logical way. they all just shrug it of, or mostly dont mention it to anyone. everyone in the show tends to act logically, with the exception of the cops who show up after malvo has been killed. him and Gus in the scene is perfect, and didnt bother me at all. its a nice arc with a nice conclusion, but it would have been cooler AND made more sense if he at very least came under some questioning

I bet you think TCAP is entrapment, you sick pedo fuck

But he just wants the government to not force him to use certain nonsensical words.

>it was an excellent, nicely timed reference that you morons were too ignorant to get.
relaxi taxi bro

when do season of three start?

Yeah I was really annoyed by this when I watched the first series, it just felt so inconsistent with the rest of the show. Most of it was contrasting Colin Hanks' decent man, and good father against the ruthless, petty, macho violence of Malvo and Martin Freeman's character. Then in the end Colin Hanks goes for pure revenge just to satisfy his injured pride, it so goes against the spirit of the rest of the show and the film.

Shit ending for both seasons

not that complicated.
when you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

It wasn't revenge though. Malvo is slippery as fuck and was a danger to literally everyone. Gus put him down to keep his family safe.

*nods respectfully towards you*
like a true warrior...

Ur so smart :-)

thank you

Why didn't Malcolm just shoot Lester in the elevator? The only explanation I had is that he enjoyed hunting and killing and treated it like a game.

grow some nuts, buttercup. sometimes you have to put a rabid dog like malvo down.

>be you
>be NOT a police officer, but a fucking mailman
>find out where man SUSPECTED of murder lives
>break into his house
>sit in his house with a gun
>when he comes back home, murder him without provocation
>cops show up, cheer & everyone immediately celebrates

no that wouldnt happen

I can't believe how weak the heart of a man in 2017 is.

He felt immense guilt for letting the killer go, he fell victim to cowardice and this was his shot at redemption. Somtimes you have to risk it all for the greater good, men really were capable of so much more before we all became paranoid losers with aversion personality disorder.

underrated

>all those threads about how people were expecting a super natural twist
>"guys billybob doesn't even make sense he has to be a ghost of vengence"
>"He's not a hitman he's satan I swear"
>"come on the evidence speaks for itself, he's working for cthulhu"

Why do theoryfags always leap straight to the stupidest guess?

He knew that if he didn't kill him he would escape from prison.

The time jump annoyed me

>I can't believe how weak the heart of a man in 2017 is.
It's under constant attack from every side. This sort of onslaught would weaken even the strongest warriors.

im not criticizing it from colin hanks' character, you retard. im criticizing the fact that everyone just immediately cheered at him afterwards, and that there was no inquisition whatsoever. that would never happen

yeah, it's a tv show with fantasy elements

sure, but things have to make sense within the context of the established universe, and within the universe of Fargo s1, it makes zero sense for there to be such a reaction to his murdering malvo

i guess it didn't bother me as much, i didn't even remember that happening.

i like to watch 50s american television while i smoke pot though so i'm probably a bad example.

>OP didn't understand the character regression side story

He didn't talk too much, but when he did his words had weight.

I am still mad there was no dance off alternate ending.

that's kind of the point
malvo succeeds in making gus grimly break his good-guy image, that's why he grins manicly before he dies

>"I figured it out..."
>"Good for you"
>"Your riddle... shades of green, I figured it out"
>"And?"

youtube.com/watch?v=8Gufd32a9-g

actual charisma in spades

he likes pushing and testing people to satisfy his own bullshit macho philosophy, he wanted to see Lester become his protegee
in the end he was satisfied with making Gus act out and kill him instead 'cause he knows Gus will be forever haunted by being made to betray his good-guy persona
as far as Malvo's concerned, he still won at the end of the day by manipulating a man into choosing base instinct over his civilised qualities

seriously though
when that moment in hits where he's been shot and splutters back to life was I the only one who thought he was about to be revealed as an actual demon or something else supernatural? it was a shock to me that he actually died

"Mercy killing" applies to the person you're killing, m8...

You clearly have no clue how small-town cops operate.

>yo, let's make Anton Chigurh, but it's snowing

No Gus becomes the Predator, he hunts Malvo at the end.

>shouldnt there have been SOME grayness to it?

No, there shouldn't have. Why make it like every other fucking movie or show out there? I applaud them for showing some guts. Besides, not all, murder is created equal. I had no problem with it, would've done it myself

>yea ok jordan peterson
>youre unpleasant

Okay we get it, you're a nu-male. You're the type of movie-goer I hate; if the protagonist's moral compass is calibrated slightly different than yours, you get all flustered and usually leave a bad review. Newsflash, you sheltered faggot: people are different, and some will take justice into their own hands if they reason it's the best course of action, whether you like it or not

this guy gets it.

Thats the point you fucking retard jesus christ

>Satisfy his injured pride
Lmao are you implying that Malvo would kill him and his family just for a lol if he didn't kill him? Remember when he didn't detain Malvo at the start? Remember all the killings Malvo went to do after that?

You don't play sports very much do you?

Post yfw Fargo season 3 airs.

You sound like cuck.