Question about Northern Europeans

Northern Europeans(anglos, aryans, Nords) like to claim they are the best of the whites who they claim are the best race. How do you guys explain though that up until 500 years ago Northern Europe was pretty much a shit-hole.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-36771564
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_(armour)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noric_steel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariot
salakirjat.net/product/46/muinaissuomalaisten-kadonnut-kuningaskunta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Bumped

Not sure- although the Nazis rationalised this by imagining they were the descendants of Atlantis, and taking credit for the occasional ginger pharaoh.

IS there any actual proof of ginger pharaoh. I feel like ginger pharaohs is the white version of the blacks "we wuz kangs".

The Renaissance was a recovery. That's literally what renaissance means.

Also people in this thread might find this news story interesting.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-36771564

first of all. northern europeans generally did not claim that they were/are a masterrace, Hitler did. (and some agreed)

>500 years ago Northern Europe was pretty much a shit-hole

Northern Europe was never very densely populated which actually made it nicer to live there in some cases. (dense population = disease and shit) London was much shittier than Stockholm during the 1500:s. (not that Stockholm wasn't shitty)

technology-wise:
Scandinavia is rich in resources but very cold. This made disease and starvation an issue which Romans and babyllonians did not have which enabled them to build fancy smancy empires with sewer systems and shit.

The Renaissance was mainly a recovery for Southern Europeans. For Northern Europe it was the beginning of being relevant on the world stage.

>Link
Great. Farming. Farming doesn't make you a civilization.

And then there's the mining and the invention of modern soap, and the invention of chainmail. And the steel. And the Kingdoms. And the Towers. As well as the evidence of hanging out in Egypt and Greece.

And did you read the article, did you miss the scale and the whole 'it suggested a civilisation closer to ancient Greece, Egypt or Rome'

The Nordics had extremely advances systems of irrigation, machinery for plowing the fields and harvesting, and were the best sailors and navigators in the world. They were the "noble savages" of the world who lived a romantic existence in harmony with nature but with advanced skillsets in combat and construction.

>And did you read the article, did you miss the scale and the whole 'it suggested a civilisation closer to ancient Greece, Egypt or Rome'
Yeah. That's just B.S. speculation. For a civilization that big we would have lot more evidence.

>Soap
Most likely invented in ancient Mesopotamia or earlier. Not in England.
>chainmail
No idea. Although I wouldn't be surprised
>steel
England did not invent steel
>Kingdoms and Towers
Sure I guess you had those. After most other people did
>hanging out in Egypt and Greece
so did sub-saharans. What's your point.

>And the steel
all of my whats

Is this what they tell themselves nowadays. You forgot to mention king Gustav.

I know right. At-least try to make the lies believable.

>Modern Soap
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap

>chainmail
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_(armour)

>steel
Didn't say they invented it, didn't even mention England

However

>1500AD Northern Europe
>shithole
this is what happens when you have burgers for brains
If niggers made pic related 1000 years ago deys would be kangs

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap
It doesn't say England invented modern soap. All it says is that they were the first to produce it on a massive scale due to industrialization
>Didn't say they invented it, didn't even mention England
So what was the fucking point of mentioning it.

>being this pedantic
>a fucking leaf

Northern Europe was not a relevant power in the world until post 1500 AD. Great before that they built a few nice buildings. So did the asians, arabs, north africans, Southern Europeans, Persians, and Turks.

How can you be so blind. Also, again I did not mention England.

'The word sapo, Latin for soap, first appears in Pliny the Elder's Historia Naturalis, which discusses the manufacture of soap from tallow and ashes, but the only use he mentions for it is as a pomade for hair; he mentions rather disapprovingly that the men of the Gauls and Germans were more likely to use it than their female counterparts.[7] Aretaeus of Cappadocia, writing in the first century AD, observes among "Celts, which are men called Gauls, those alkaline substances that are made into balls [...] called soap".[8] The Romans' preferred method of cleaning the body was to massage oil into the skin and then scrape away both the oil and any dirt with a strigil. The Gauls used soap made from animal fat.'

>whats the point of even mentioning it

oxford was 500 years old in 1500AD
burgers for brains

>oxford was 500 years old in 1500AD
At that point oxford really wasn't much more than a religious studies university. The schools of learning in Southern Europe and throughout the middle East were much better. Oxford didn't truly start becoming a knowledge powerhouse until the last few hundred years.

A University does not equal a World Power.

I mean come on your not going to beat these 'well informed Americans' like this.

Looking for advice to male America great again?

>'The word sapo, Latin for soap, first appears in Pliny the Elder's Historia Naturalis, which discusses the manufacture of soap from tallow and ashes, but the only use he mentions for it is as a pomade for hair; he mentions rather disapprovingly that the men of the Gauls and Germans were more likely to use it than their female counterparts.[7] Aretaeus of Cappadocia, writing in the first century AD, observes among "Celts, which are men called Gauls, those alkaline substances that are made into balls [...] called soap".[8] The Romans' preferred method of cleaning the body was to massage oil into the skin and then scrape away both the oil and any dirt with a strigil. The Gauls used soap made from animal fat.'

This doesn't mean anything. Other cultures used soap. Fucking Kenyans use soup. Is Kenya a world power now.

That is the first instance of real soap. That is the original modern Soap.

I don't care about kenyan soup, whatever that has to do with anything.

And stop trying to move the goalposts. There were no world powers back then. World Powers are a modern thing.

Are you saying that America wasn't a shithole 500 years ago?

Regardless. You are just proving my point that England along with Northern Europe has never been Globally or even regionally dominant until the last 500 years

No, because I don't larp as KANG like most northern europeans.

Often people forget who really built this empire

that deserves a hearty инээд my dear mongol

Your question was
>How do you guys explain though that up until 500 years ago Northern Europe was pretty much a shit-hole.

I proved it wasn't a shit hole in ancient times.

>or even regionally dominant
What La tene culture. What is the Roman Empire.

Also this kek

My original reply has mysteriously diapered so I'll just remind you that was not your original point.

Also do you only count Washington DC as American? Because you seem to be only counting the Roman capital as Hellene/Roman.

oh its back, how mysterious

Mitä vittua?

The Indo-European tribes were the first people to domesticate the horse and invent wheeled vehicles

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariot

salakirjat.net/product/46/muinaissuomalaisten-kadonnut-kuningaskunta