He's not a good actor

He's not a good actor.

you're right
but he is likable

just like brad pitt

leave him alone

He's not a good actor but he's a good person

He's a perfect actor to imprint on, therefore putting yourself in the movie.

he's not bad either

and he's in good movies. like leo.

Whoa.

You're right, he's a great actor

I still love him

brad pitt isn't likable

he simply exists

keanu is certainly likable though

The weird thing is his acting males him seem self absorbed because his roles are mary sue hero bad ass untouchable ones but irl he is really nice to everyone even strangers

But he is a good person. Which is more than most actors.

Brad Pitt can act.

>brad pitt
>bad actor

Every misfortune or heartbreak Keanu Reeves has suffered, he's deserved, by making millions upon millions of dollars from being a truly execrable "actor".

Personally I hope he suffers another 50 years of misfortune and heartbreak before he dies.

Shit I thought I was a bitter cunt.

Bro, he gave like most of his money away and lived in an apartment for a very long time every time he would do a movie.

Shut up, cunt. He doesn't DESERVE to be in movies.

Sure he does.

We know.

acting ability is overrated

having a particular disposition for casting a particular character is useful

>that pic
I imagine this as the exact response he would have if you told him he was a bad actor to his face.

He hasn't got a lot of range but what he does, he does well. I can't imagine anyone else playing Neo without it somewhat ruining the Matrix. Can you imagine other actors hamming it up when they first enter the simulation or when Neo becomes ''The One''? Thank god Will Smith passed on it

The only person who carried the dialogue at all was Hugo Weaving. It's not like it was well written to begin with, and I say this as a fan of the Matrix.

Hi, Will Smith.

keanu doesn't exist

Bad actor, good person.

Is this Keanu?

keanu's subdued acting worked well for neo, he's detached and bored in his regular life, confused then later calm and competent, when he awoke, over all it just fit well. like john wick it's in his wheel house and it just works well for him. he's good at fighting and being quiet.

He occasionally shows signs of good acting and then regresses back to being emotionless.
Maybe he's just shy.

Decided to rewatch Street kings a while ago and my god his acting is atrocious there on par with his on screen fiance. And i used to love this movie.

sometimes an actor doesn't have to be good, they just have to stay out of the way of everything else going on. He does this pretty alright

>Hello neo
>...Morpheus?

That scene says it all

I honestly can't decide if you're right or wrong. He's one of the few 'well-known' actors who can portray the character more than himself in most of his roles. The only other people I can think of off-hand that can do that as consistently are Joaquin, Ben Foster, DDL, and Jude Law.

That said, they usually accomplish it by going balls-deep into their roles, whereas Keanu just has a very low-key style of acting.

It accomplishes the same thing to an extent, but he's never 'memorable' and I'm not sure if that's by design or coincidence.

He can be a good actor but that's only shown in the bill and Ted films

I think the only movie I saw him put a somewhat decent performance was Constantine and that movie was garbage otherwise.

Good visually, though.