Why don't actually good horrors get much attention unlike meme movies like It Follows and Don't Breathe?

Why don't actually good horrors get much attention unlike meme movies like It Follows and Don't Breathe?

because they dont make money so in turn normies dont see them cause they aren't popular.

I'm glad to see this posted here I liked it a lot.

Did It Follows actually make a lot of money though? It was arguably even slower than this and with even less payoff.

It was pretty great, Doubt anyone else but LMG could've pulled it off though, he's a great actor.

I was under the impression this movie went full supernatural though, was surprised at how it played out.

The entire build up of him getting a message from his friend that he's pulling into the driveway but then he's not there was great. Really made you feel like he was going insane and in the wrong. Also I love when pic related shows up in movies.

Kinda overrated but still a very good-looking movie.

It Follows is popular because it's a noatalgic retro movie with a ghost thing in it. Don't Breathe is a thriller with an ebin twist. The Invitation is neither of those things and isn't much better.

I really love that guy, he played the character so well too, he was so fucking creepy.

This is much more thriller than horror IMO.

I didn't think DB or It Follows were effective horrors at all, or even interesting movies, this was far from perfect but it knew how to build suspense and how to execute it. The way it played on your expectations was quite good too.

What makes something a horror though, really? Most films I find to be quite horrific are very far from your typical horror genre affair.

>be suicide cult
>planning to kill people not in suicide cult
>one guy can tell for hours that its going to be a suicide cult
>convince him to stay, knowing he's never going to be trusting and will likely fuck it up

Last shot was pure quinoa.

I got the impression that in their cult, due to the shared tragedy of Will & Eden, that his soul and passing on is "worth more"

I mean, it's not like cultists are rational people, jonestown and Aum Shiryenmu aren't known for their logic.

Aum Shinrikyo*

I only watched it was but I was able to tell pretty much everything as it went along senpai, not a whole lot going on under the hood from what I remember

still though, they let whatsherface go without issue or complaint. But kept trying to convince "I KNOW THIS IS A SUICIDE CULT THING" to stay and calm down.

Then they bring out fucking box wine laced with poison in a fucking secondary container and tiny ass glasses after gulping down absurdly expensive bottles the entire goddamn movie.

ive tried making several "underrated horror movies"-threads, but i never get any results

The Invitation is dank

theres quite a lot of good horror flicks out there, but the good ones hardly getany attention. a lot of people seem to think there just arent any

>they let whatsherface go

I felt it was strongly implied that the dude who ran out to move his car more than likely killed her when they were behind the wall. They never show what happened to her but considering he was totally cool with making sure everyone else died it seemed like what happened

It really gave me the impression that it was going to become supernatural at some point, it had this really ethereal atmosphere at points.

> they let whatsherface go without issue or complaint
It was hardly without issue, David was extremely insistent on keeping her there until Will started getting aggressive and demanding she was let go, and Pruitt obviously killed her, and she didn't seem as important as Will to the cultists, plus Will never actually wanted to leave.

Was that wine? I thought it was brandy or something.

I watched Cure the other day, that was a great horror too, I think this and Cure are the only effective horrors I've seen in years, any reccs. for others?

Good horror flicks i doubt you have seen:

>The house of the devil
>Kill List
>A tale of two sisters
>Housebound (horror comedy)
>Timecrimes (horror-ish)

Would you of fucked the creepy sexy cult girl out by the pool while your girlfriend was inside the house?

I've only seen a tale of two sisters, liked it a lot so I'll check the others out too.

no, his GF was way hotter

she was pretty qt but his black gf was a lot more attractive

supernatural themes, horror tropes, murder/death, blood, gore, etc.

Seems like a pretty vague way to define a genre desu, having a creepy, overbearing atmosphere with a lot of suspense is the most important aspect of horror to me, but that's obviously subjective.

>racemixing

I disagree. I think if the movie's objective is to scare, frighten, or unnerve the audience in someway.than it counts as horror. Of course that's a difficult quality to nail down.

stop me Sup Forumstard

*stops you*

all three of these movies are good

delete your account