It's an alternate dimension without the consept of time itself

> It's an alternate dimension without the consept of time itself
> Mr. Strange can still breathe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YfOWL8aeS74
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just dont think about it bro

Which means the time he can go without breathing is infinite.

>people are studying magic for years before Dr. strange come along.
>within months he is pretty much more powerful than all of them
>because hes a doctor and hes smart
>all it takes to be good at magic is being smart

>no concept of time
>stuck in a time loop
>time loop lasts roughly 30 seconds
>30 seconds of time

time obviously exists just i has no effect in that universe until strange brings it.

not justifying the flick, it is what it is, no need to over think it, but it is evident that time exists as that dormammu has an understanding that something is wrong when strange brings time.

woah... really made me think

>iron man
>but with magic

They were normies without photographic memories, though. Yeah a high IQ and that kind of memory would really make someone far superior at any field than a normie who just put in the hours.

makes sense, isn't magic supposed to be a power of the mind? so shouldn't someone with better cognitive abilities also be better at it?

The two most powerful sorcerers were Europeans (the Ancient One was Celtic). I love when even Hollywood admits that whites are better at everything.

if all you have to do is recite words, then you dont need a photogenic memory. it helps, but its not like a normal person cant memorize things.

is it? i could understand if being smart was all that mattered. wasnt very smart to be doing work while driving in the dark on a curvy road.

It's because of magic.

He can study and get ahead of the curve far faster with that kind of memory, and due to his otherwise higher intelligence he understands more and how to better use it, faster.

it's meant to be about your spirit, and considering he got fuck all character development thats a bit of an undersight

Literally what else would make you good at magic aside from being smart?

Natural talent and strong magical blood let's you pull off more powerful incantations or free usage of lower level spells , but doesn't make you naturally good at learning magic.

t. wizard

>he actually watched this shit
time for bed, sport

Why do people say the visuals are good when it all looks like a videogame? Are they just too young to know the difference?

It makes sense that magic and medicine have some similarities

It's Doctor

They said he was a natural for the mystical arts. Personally I though this movie was great. I'm a DC KEK and I know only a little about Dr. Strange. I love both the cosmic sides of DC and Marvel.

But it had good visuals.
Reminded me of the only interesting scene in Inception.

will dr strange perform a magic surgery on one of the avengers?

>photographic memories
this is like the 10% of your brain meme, it doesn't really exist

Mister Doctor?

On Thor or Hulk. Any word on the New Thor movie?

Why did a movie about magic feel so unmagical? Why did they timeskip his training?

The Iron Man Mark I & II had more mystery and magic about them.

It's not how it looks but the idea behind what you are looking at

It's Strange.

Strange Mister or Strange Doctor?

youtube.com/watch?v=YfOWL8aeS74

What exactly was the idea behind making New York a moving sidewalk?

The visuals rarely made sense within the motivations of the characters. There is no better magic available than to try and trip up your opponent by shifting buildings around?

Wasn'g a huge fan of the melee weapons/shields either. I was expecting more elemental wizardry and less Christmas lights, although I do enjoy the concept of a fast, acrobatic mage as opposed to the Merlin archetype.

Am I the only one who expected when Strange was cycling the portals during the first fight sequence for him to kick the second fighter out, change the portal, and have the first jump back in?

Seemed like a wasted opportunity.

That this type of magic deals with multidimensional spaces, so naturally the worlds will look like they are folding on to themselves.

>if all you have to do is recite words

This isn't Harry Potter user.

>Why do people say the visuals are good when it all looks like a videogame?
Because they were relatively original and unlike anything that's been seen in a mainstream movie before.

Maybe. Who am I to judge?

Doctor Strange is in it.

for you

Yeah the fractals were pretty neat

Dr. Fate design is so cool looking.

i wish he was a Marvel character

Why couldn't the movie be about wizards helping real people with practical magic? Why was there so little praticality to the magic being used?

Why is the MCU so bent on apocalyptic, world ending events so common the fantastic people with supernatural abilities start to feel like jobbers?

Why are you complaining about that in the one movie where it actually was appropriate?

>Because they were relatively original and unlike anything that's been seen in a mainstream movie before.
Beavis and Butthead isn't mainstream? Are you 12 years old?

My only beef is that we never see that trippy shit again. Just inception land and purple clouds.

Also, it was pretty jarring to see them go from an air balloon shot into "stock" footage from the ISS in that smash cut where he flies over the cities.

>a fucking cartoon
>"Are you 12 years old?"

Just stop user, lest you embarrass yourself further.

I expect mad shit in the sequel. The director has talked about doing Nightmare.

And Dormamu speak english

>photogenic memory

That i can accept since he's an all powerful demon. He probably studied earth before trying to take it

The thing that pisses me off most about Dr. Strange being the best at magic in 3 months is that they had this excellent plot device they wasted that would have explained it better.

Instead of having Strange walk up to Dormamu and dying 8 times before Dormamu gives up. Have Strange trapped in groundhog day style duel for Days/Years/Centuries. All you'd even have to do is have Strange die instantly to the first two cycles, then hold Dormamu off for a couple seconds on later cycles. And cut to him floating out later with a throw away line like "that was fast" "actually, I was trapped with Dormamu for Centuries".
Then it makes all the sense in the world why Strange is the best. Because he was fighting a god and learned from years of torment

BIGGUYFORYU, I'VE COME TO NEGOTIATE