Just saw it at screener. Ariyon Bakare was there randomly. Said hi to him. He said hi back. Good guy

Just saw it at screener. Ariyon Bakare was there randomly. Said hi to him. He said hi back. Good guy.

Post any questions and I'll answer them spoiler free.

Is this a prequel to Sony's Venom movie? They re-used footage from the Spiderman 3 movie in the trailer and so fan theories started that this actually is about the birth of Venom.

Incorrect.

Do you know what "random" means, OP?

Do they show the alien thing a lot or is there a lot of build up and suspense and you only get faint glimpses of it?

:( damn I thought it may have been

Rank "Life" against each entry in the Alien/Prometheus series in decline

Is this movie better or worse than Splice?

spoil it, who cares

Well, "randomly" because it wasn't a Q&A, and I'm in LA. The actors usually don't come out to these screeners unless they are a special guest. They also usually come with another actor or director. He was just there with a friend who's other friend worked for the company that co-produced it and were showing a screener for family and friends.

Please tell me it's a psychological thriller focused on the crew's fear and overreaction to an organism's instinctive reaction to being removed from its biome.

Is this worth seeing in theaters?

A1>A2>Prometheus>Life>A3>A4>A5>AVP

Alien > Prometheus = Life > Alien 3 > Resurrection > Aliens
Not OP

Welp...I can't take any of your opinions seriously now.

>worse than Prometheus
>Same as Prometheus

Confirmed garbage.

That thing is on screen the whole time and I have to say, IMHO, it's an amazing design and scary. It's super creepy. Bet you a million dollars the reviews will endless compare it to be "iconic" like the Xenos in alien. It was a very, very satisfying alien that's on screen 95% of the movie. That alone would be worth the ticket price.

Hmmmmmm...above Prometheus for sure. Miles above. MILES. More like Alien-Life-Alien Squeals-AvsP-Promethus

1000 times better. And I liked Splice.

Meh, ok.

Unless the alien is an autistic qt who fucks Ryan Reynolds then it's below splice.

Not psychological. Just pure fear cause this things is going to violently kill them and they can't seem to find a way to stop it. Plus being in space always adds to the fear factor.

If just to see that awesome alien design. Oh, also, the scary ass sound effects. Don't know if my speakers in the theater where turned up to 11, but it was intense.

>on screen 95% of the movie

I always wondered if they would make a 3rd sequel.

I don't like that it's on screen the entire time but I'm glad to hear that the design is original and fresh. Thanks for the info OP.

I mean...it kinda does and it IS cute at the start.

So it's just a bloodbath, or at least an implied one?

is there even any science fiction, or is this just the final act of Sunshine for the whole movie with a terribly generic cast?

>Ryan Reynolds
bin it

It's all science fiction, which makes it even more scary I think. Because they're trying to figure out how to logically go about killing it, but they can't because it keeps outplaying them/not falling into simple traps.

It's a tasteful bloodbath? Everything is shown, but unlike Alien where the ribcage busts open and there's gore everywhere. Ugh, I really don't want to describe how it goes about killing because that's just too good of a spoiler. What it does to the crew is brutal but it's beautiful. Poor Ryan...Poor, poor, Ryan. I'm sure that'll be one of Sup Forumss most favorite parts.

Spill the beans

Who dies and how?

OH FUCK I'M SO HYPED. PRE-ORDERING TICKETS FOR THIS ONE, LADS.

Shit is gonna be cash.

>This movie will be better than the new Alien

You'll thank me when you see it first hand. Hope you're not too squeamish.

Everyone. Earth is fucked.

How can the alien survive all that shit, if it's carbon based?

The fucking trailer gives everything away.
Im guessing the alien crushes people into pulp, or enters them and expands til they explode.

That's what they thought too. It's just highly resistant to everything. Problem is, because it's carbon based, it needs air. And the air pockets are always with the humans.

Why the fuck did OP make this thread if he's not willing to give the details? What's the point?

is it good?

is it an alien ripoff? this doesn't imply that it's bad btw.

ugh

If it's not an insult to my intelligence like Prometheus, I'm in.

My guess it it gets inside them and crushes their skullls from the inside or something. that would be choice.

Damn why y'all niggas hating on Prometheus

Only one of the films has a proper actor and guaranteed god tier setpieces.

>tfw David will never experiment on you
jdimsa

It's pretty awesome, and I'm don't even really like Sci-Fi movies. I would pay to see it again, so that's a great movie in my book. I never see movies twice.

And no, not alien rip off. They have this fantastic shot that's a little tip to of the hat, where the Alien leans into Rippley's face and this does it too. But not in a joke way or a in your face "REMEMBER WHEN ALIEN DID THIS TOO!?" It was great.

You're all in then, baby!

Cause I'm not good with describing things? I'm not a writer, so I'm worried if try to explain it you'll think it's stupid when it's actually awesome. Then I'll feel bad for ruining it for you i guess. I'm sensitive!

write the plot in like a paragraph

spoil the movie

thanks

OP is a shill

Not interested in the kind of film a Prometheus hater would shill for. Thanks for letting me know to avoid it.

This

I'm not asking you to describe every detail; I'm asking you what happened in the movie. You can say what happened. You don't have to be a writer to do that.

OP wants you to purchase a ticket because he is a shill