There people on Sup Forums right now that thinks Power Rangers will flop

>There people on Sup Forums right now that thinks Power Rangers will flop
Why do people on here think Power Rangers will flop? The movie will Be shit. But it's stupid to deny it will be a hit. Heck it will probably get a sequel in one or two years. It already had a higher RT score than Any DC film or Bayformers film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RRQDqurZJNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I honestly don't expect this to make more than 600 million.

>caring if it flops
>caring that it exists
Why can't the small children go back where they came from, please?

Do you really think Power Rangers is going to be a hit?

I've seen literally 0 hype for this movie anywhere

this is going to be a hit on brand recognition and curiosity alone
it will not make Marvel or DC money but just enough to justify sequels

>First gay character in a budget capeshit
>First autistic superhero
>Most viewed and liked trailers on YouTube
>I swear it will totally flop guys
youtu.be/RRQDqurZJNk
You guys are worse than Sup Forums

my nephew thinks the new power rangers movie is going to be LEGO just like the Batman movie we watched

>0 hype for this movie
Skull island gotten far less marketing and hype than power rangers. It was a hit.

But power rangers never gotten legos. Just megabloks.

So cute

>First gay character in a budget capeshit
this is supposed to be a good thing? Actually, I suppose it is, capeshit and fags are a match made in heaven

Is that Lindsay from channel awesome?

It's a thicc lesbian.

It'll do about as well as the last two Ninja Turtles movies.

yeah, her aborted baby came back for revenge.

Who gives a fuck about Powers Rangers.
Everyone who grew up with it is also old enough to not care about it anymore.

Have you ever heard of nostalgia?

Just finished it.
They fight as rangers for 2 minutes then the rest after that is just the zords running and gunning.
It's shit.

It was shit back then and it'll probably be shit now...

I don't see people getting all that nostalgic about it, it used to be more of a fad.
It's like getting nostalgic over Pogs.

Reddit fag, go spend your nostalgia bucks on a limited edition turd to remember that shit you took many years ago.

Are the Power Rangers threads the most blatant example of shilling on Sup Forums?

>her aborted baby came back for revenge
Not going to lie. That sounds like a good plot for a troma movie.

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR SHITTY MOVIE.

Let's ignore this retard and get back to blacked threads boys

>Who gives a fuck about Spider-man?
>Everyone who grew up with it is also old enough to not care about it anymore.

Millennials are extremely nostalgic, especially about the tv shows they watched as kids.

Nothing wrong with enjoying life.

But Spider-Man wasn't a relatively short, long forgotten franchise.

I watched the show as a kid, I don't give a shit about it anymore.

I get what you mean, but bad example to be honest... Spiderman was more iconic. This is the power rangers, they have as much pull as Paddington Bear.

you are stupid for thinking it will be a hit

>first autistic superhero
Mr. Fantastic.

Niggas are blind? Power rangers still getting new season and selling shit load of toys.

Power Rangers shills need to get fucked

I'm more interested in this movie than new star wars desu

But the show is laughable in quality and it always has been. I doubt most people would buy into it.

It's human nature to feel nostalgic for things (usually positive) from their childhoods. You don't just delete warm memories of things you enjoyed as a kid. You must not have liked it that much.

Bayformers 2007 has a 57% on RT and 61 on Metecritic you mong

Yeah, even as a kid I thought it was kinda silly.

The score ready close to that because of that gay ranger. It's 50/50 right now

PR is sitting at a 47% I believe

How old were you when you watched it and what years did you watch? It's really meant for kids under 10. Hell, I stopped watching it when I was 9.

Started around 8. Dunno when I stopped watching it.

That explains it. You gotta get to it around 5. That's when it really gets a grip on your for life.

You would think the hype would be great for nostalgic reasons, shouldn't it target/cater towards people who grew up watching it in the 90's? I suppose a lot of them don't care about Power Rangers anymore and see it as childish, but I'm fucking 24 and still watch it. Granted I guess I'm a "manchild" for liking cartoons, anime, etc.

I can't see CHADS and STACIES going to watch this shit, and I figured you have some kids who have never heard of Power Rangers but will go see it because "OMG THIS LOOKS SO COOL!! MOM DAD! LET'S GO SEE IT!" What's funny is it's rated PG-13 so anyone under 13 can't go see it unless you have a parental guardian.

Frankly I'm excited to see it.

Uh isn't this board having a power gayngers marathon with multiple threads daily for like the past week?

The show didn't exist when I was 5

Yes but this is a board full of manchildren, not a representative sample of all moviegoers

Well there you go. We've determined why you never developed a strong nostalgic feeling for the power rangers.

A FUCKING KRISPY KREME

I never lied the show but always thought it was a good concept. I like the way the trailer looks and if Power Rangers can be 2017's X-Men Apocalypse then I'll be happy.

Don't hold your fuckin' breath dude.

Married a Jew.

Consider my expectations tempered, just like Ghost in the Shell.

The real western Power Rangers movie was Pacific Rim. Hopefully the sequel will be decent. This YA bait can fuck off.

China will save it.

I should point out with the popularity of Power Rangers back in the 90s, everyone thought the first movie would be a smash hit.
It flopped.
The only thing this new movie has going for it is the internet and viral marketing.

What caused it to flop though? The only answer I can imagine is parents refusing to pay money to see that shit in the theater. It probably sold like crazy when it came out on tape though.

It flopped because it was a terrible movie.

That's retarded. Of course it's terrible, but the target audience was 8 year olds who thought the show was the greatest thing on Earth and would think the movie is even better. If all of those kids had money of their own, every one of them would have gone to see it 5 times and it would have made a billion dollars.

I haven't seen a movie that Sup Forums said will flop actually flop

Yes but parents take their kids to see shit the parents hate all the time.
If they didn't take their kids to see this shit it must have been REALLY bad.

Ghostbusters 2016.

Or maybe the parents saw their kids watching the show, thought it was shit, and when they made the movie they just correctly assumed it would be shit too so they didn't bother. I don't think bad word of mouth killed the movie. More like they already knew.

you're the same cancer

Again parents take their kids to movies they think are shit all the time.
I dragged my parents to see Transformers in the theater even though decades later they told me it was trash.

Well your argument doesn't add up. I highly doubt the movie had bad word of mouth to such a degree. Every kid would have been begging their parents to take them to see it. 66 million worldwide doesn't sound like everyone went at least once.