Rogue One

Was it Kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4
youtube.com/watch?v=HgzxrwXHCoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imho yes

no

nope, just another most cliché sequence, and no emotion whatsoever. Who could possibly care about the death of bland Pedro and bland Disney strong woman #1.5?

yes

it has no young and handsome guys so no it's in kino

I do not know if Rogue One is kino or not. But I know with absolute 100% certainty that Rogue One is NOT a Star Wars film.

ROGUE ONE IS NOT A STAR WARS FILM!

t. Stoklassa

yes

this poster thinks episode 7 was good

No this is
youtube.com/watch?v=bbgf5BC_s-4

it unironically was though

no it wasn't.

it was trash.
at least rogue one felt like it took place in the star wars universe and not some autistic fan-made one.

was anyone else taken aback when bodhi left the ship and found a girl on the beach before the battle started?

Why didn't he just force pull the plans towards him

>autistic fan-made one
But that sums up Rogue One perfectly

every sw movie from here on out will always be labeled "fan-made"

It's clear in the scene that he didn't know where they were.

Actually, I don't. I will admit Episode 7 is a Star Wars film but it was a BLASPHEMOUS and ATROCIOUS Star Wars film.

THEY KILLED HAN SOLO!
SHE GAINED JEDI SKILLS MARYSUECALLY!
EPISODE 7 RUINED STAR WARS!
RUINED!

most people on Sup Forums have shit taste so they will say yes

reality is, 99% of the movie is garbage and the payoff is darth vader kicking ass for 30 seconds

pebbls

Because then we wouldn't have gotten a cool sequence.

The way his voice faltered when he was dying made me cry a lot for some reason. Thank fucking god for big stupid 3D shades.

Then he's a moron. He's literally at the door when the rebel pass the pda thing to the other rebel.

Kill yourself.

Because that's the true. Unless they find a director that admits he hates SW.

Vader has never been known for his smarts, user. He has been known for his anger, something that you could probably relate with. Anything else about the movie you want to rip to shreds? "rraaaah star wars makes me angry! stop liking what I don't like! it's not that good!"

I don't understand why you girls cry over literally anything. Is it a PMS thing?

>Introduce characters to kill them
>Only likeable in their death scenes
>Blind jedi samurai was underpowered AF
>Typical Edwards shit, the best part is 5 minutes right at the end
>HEY GUISE! REMEMBER THE PREQUEL TRILOGY???? LOL HERE'S A REMINDER EVEN THOUGH TFA ALREADY DID THIS

No. Not kino.

a u t i s m

Anyone arguing the Vader scene was the best part has outed himself as a pleb and should probably return to reddit

every shot in rogue one felt like it was created with love and that the people behind the camera wanted it to look as good as possible.

the same cannot be said for ep.7(except for its CGI scenes)

The script wasn't good.

Everything else was pretty decent. Casting, cinematography, acting, etc.

no

majority of the movie was boring as fuck and the tie in to the OT was dumb and forced

special effects were good as well as the creature designs. i'll give it that

Only likeable character was the droid.

i thought she was going to be rey's mom

because they spent more time world building than telling an actual good story

It was shit

Literally fan service: the scene

what about the story didnt you like?
i thought it did a great job of explaining how the plans were captured.

When the ATAT got blown up and everyone started cheering I grinned like I was a kid again. I haven't felt that happy in a theater before. Even the pilot was grinning. Why the fuck can't action movies be that fun all the time?

No

Too bad you have to sit through 2 hours to get to that scene.

It's true though. I never felt anything for them throughout the entire movie and then at this point want me to really give a shit they're about to blow up. They wouldn't even let them kiss for fuck sake. When you're about to be vaporized and you're next to someone you could be attracted to, who gives a shit if you kiss before dying? It seems more human than just some fucking hug of friendship.

Not him, but what about the story made you think they did a great job? I can't remember a single character's name, not even the main cutie. Also the action sequences just seemed like a lot of contrived technobabble. "WE'VE GOT TO HIT THE SWITCH OH NO NOW THE GUY OUTSIDE HAS TO HIT A RANDOM SWITCH OH NO NOW THIS GUY NEEDS TO PUSH A BUTTON" It was like a videogame.

>ending was a literal exterminatus

Fucking beautiful.

I think the movie pictured the mission of stealing the plans of the Death Star pacha-just-right.jpg. It's very convincing and the viewer buys it without arguing. The point is it's soooo depressing at the end: everybody dirty-dozen-like dies and the only good thing is some bad mofos die along with the good ones. Is it kino? I don't know, I'm not a connoisseur, but it definitely was better than the prequels and TFA.

TFA is better.

Wrong

TFA was a souless cash grab. This was something else.

Too bad you haven't even seen the movie

No.
The director is super mediocre. His first movie did well with critics and poorly with audience, Godzilla was widely considered mediocre and not handled well, Rogue One did well because it had the benefit of being mediocre and a Star Wars movie. It's just confirmation bias IMO.

Rogue One had no interesting or likable characters except for the villain and the robot, and everyone else's acting was super generic and melodramatic. I can't stand cheesy hyper-intensity in acting and that was basically every character.

It's a 65% movie that got a bump 'cause people wanted to like it.

Literally better then nothing.... right?

You obviously didn't notice the same old formula, replicated scenes of shuttle flying and fights, pew pew bang bang, use the Force bullshit. I'm sick of new Star Wars.

my gripe is that you know, any man about to die would of took a grab of her ass instead of just standing there

Yes that looks like a Star Wars movie.

>except for its CGI scenes
Apart from maybe Maz, there was literally no effort put into the CGI designs in the film.

>who cares you star wars anyways right guys?

what a retarded thing to say

>the same cannot be said for ep.7

Yeah in TFA, the first Star Wars movie in 10 years where the whole 4 billion franchise is at stake, they just half assed every shot and called it a day right lmao

Nope. No matter what autists say it was another generic Star Wars movie. I wanted a war film with Stormtroopers and aliens.

>They wouldn't even let them kiss for fuck sake. When you're about to be vaporized and you're next to someone you could be attracted to, who gives a shit if you kiss before dying? It seems more human than just some fucking hug of friendship.
what the fuck user

no it was boring made by committee trash and they just put tons of actual star wars shit in the last ten minutes so people forgot the rest of the movie

He's right. I'd be kissing the person like crazy. Is that creepy is that weird?

It's not kino but it was still a lot better than The Force Awakens

A soulless cash in?

How is that retarded? Do you not remember Snoke or this scene? Maz might've had anus eyes but at least she didn't move around like jelly.

Well for one it explains how that kink in the armour of the death star was found, or rather manufactured by the man who designed the very thing.

It gives insight into to the rebel alliance and how brittle it was, but even then a few brave men and women took the leap and waltzed into certain death to steal the plans to the death star.

It also further shows that the close calls we see in ep.4 is nothing compared to those that happened when the plans were extracted and brought away from the archive planet.

Little snippets also bring the story of why certain characters were at places and that.

As for you now knowing the names of the characters we can probably attest to your lousy memory.. or perhaps that the names weren't said all too often except the main characters name(Jyn Erzo).

The names aren't really all too important anyway since these were just a rag tag group who linked up and did what they had to. Not like in the SW saga where character development was key since thats what its about. The Skywalker family.

This was the story of how the plans were gotten.

Technobabble.

The way I understood it was this.
To get the signal through the shield they had to use a empire relay or something because the rebel signal was blocked by the shield.
That meant bhodi had to patch a cable into a empire ship that could bypass the rebel signal block so that they Jyn could transmit the plans from the platform.

Heh. I'd probably have five in the pink and the stink. Jazz hand style.

>600x600 resolution
but it's in ultra widescreen when played

yes, only a moron would think this way

Completely forgot about the shit tentacle monster.

When I said CGI scenes I meant the scenes in pic related.

watch the TFA visual effects breakdown, I'm sure you didn't notice that basically half of the movie is pure CGI, not just characters but the whole setting
youtube.com/watch?v=HgzxrwXHCoU

nice reddit spacing touristposter

actually all of these shots feel like a different person directed them all together due to how good they looked compared to the "normal" shots of say kylo ren attacking that temple.

Yeah for some reason it did that.

Explain, enlightened autismo.

It's not a Star Wars film, it's a Star Wars story you dolt

No

Kino
Episode I
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI

Flicks
Episode II
Episode III
Episode VII
Rogue One

Damn, Han throwing the guy into the monster's mouth, I think Lucas isn't happy about this.

>He's deflecting all our laser shots!
>Better throw our blasters at him then!

post some HD ass

I already did, and JJ is such a hypocrite. I remember them boasting about how they were going to be using real models for like the crashed tie fighter, the falcon, x wings, characters etc. You know it's bad when they CGI'd in stormtroopers in the castle scene, the portions guy's face, and kylo ren's helmet which was only used for literally one scene.

because he is still Anakin, doing things without showing off is not in his nature

I found the movie boring and pointless. Vader was useless as fuck, seeing him using a bit of the force to fight, just reminds you how they never did anything that cool with him in the original movies.

But what im getting so far, is if you studied the fuck out of the original movies the past 30 years, then just because you found out where someone was, and who was there at the specific time, then this movie is now amazing?
like who the fuck cares.

Also the movie was truly pointless.
As they could have snuck in gotten the plans, and probably have gotten back out, if they didnt have the rebels start attacking the place, the rebels attacking from space, caused even more pointless deaths.

They surely had storm trooper uniforms around the place, or could have copied them. They could have just gone undercover as they did with there droid. Got the plans, and got the fuck out

They knew nothing about the dish to broadcast the information until they landed there, so what was the plan, go in steal the plans without anyone knowing, while others are blowing shit up outside?
Its fucking retarded, that base on that planet was for holding information, thats why they had a shield around the planet,
Also why the fuck is a star wars movie stealing ideas from the star wars spoof movie space balls?

Sheev is the brain.

you see you'd probably be feeling a mix of terror and acceptance of your impending doom, in a moment like that you'd want to hold on to someone, not stick your tongue down their throat

Tentacle monster wasn't that bad. On par with the tentacle monster from R1? Or did you conveniently forget about that.

Remember those impressive crashed Star Destroyers in TFA? Those were CGI.

What else was the best part?

>herp robot quips
>herp nothing else happens

this actual Felicity? I'm impressed

>I haven't felt that happy in a theater before.
are you a teenager?

>it's not half assed
>untrained flat chested no ass mary sue saves the day literally everytime there's a problem

What does that have to do with the look of the shots and the CGI?

>Kino
>Episode I
lmao

The only scene's in TFA that were truly kino was the chase inside the downed Destroyer and the scene where Ginger Tarkin gives his speech to the FO on the bigger and even badder death star.

The flight scenes were kino, too bad there was only like 5 minutes of them in a 3 hour movie.