This movie sucks

This movie sucks
Rotten Tomatoes is a joke
Marvel is trash

The only good bits are Black Panther scenes (because it wasn't quipping but actually had some serious story with the guy's father dying in a terrorist attack) and some of Spiderman mainly because I am a sucker for Spiderman and even though there was a lot of quipping with him and RDJ... Spiderman!

Also I like Ant Man so that's another moment I liked of the movie.

The rest... meh

Yes, we all know this. But lets accept that people here do like it for some reason I dont know. Lets also accept there are people being paid to speak up about movies here.

Only good bits were Cap, Bucky and Iron Man. If the film had actually been about Captain America rather than the convoluted farce about the UN and "dem poor black peepul kild by evil Americans," it would have been beautiful.

Badly written female characters spoiled a film yet again. Black Widow acted like a moron, she invited BP to their airport clash knowing he wanted to kill Bucky, and nobody had a problem with his vendetta despite the whole fight centering around the UN accords and accountability. Sharon Carter is boring as fuck, Mary Sue-ish tendencies, unattractive and the actress has no screen presence and zero chemistry with Chris Evans. She jars in scenes that would be more potent without her, like when Cap saw 'Bucky' on the news after the bomb, and she broke the devastated silence with a "I have to go to work." Like, who gives a fuck?

If reddit loves something it has a high metacritic score.

I am not evening joking. High MC score = Highly likelihood of reddit.

>We got a great twist for this film...Bucky actually killed Tony's Parents
>thats great...one question...how will the audience know Tony had parents???
>...what?
>Why would they know he had parents and that he would be upset that they were murdered?
>Well the audience would just assume that...I guess
>SLOPPY WRITING!!!! We need to let them know he has parents and miss them
>Well maybe he can talk to steve about his parents
>SHOW DONT TELL SHOW DONT TELL SHOW DONT TELL
>okay...maybe we have a little flashback to a young Tony and his parents?
>FLASHBACK!??! what the fuck is a flaaashBackk?
>well it takes place in the past
>people wont get it...Give Tony a Hologram of his parents
>wait...why would he have that?
>Yeah..he has a photorealistic holographic recording of an event in the 80s with his parents...and he's showing it to..get this...a RANDOM ROOM OF COLLEGE STUDENTS
>well...maybe later in the film tony can use the hologram technology in....
>NO!!!! ITS NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN

You're right user, it was pretty fucking terrible

This was the movie that convinced me Marvel isn't even trying anymore.
>shit editing and cinematography
>forgettable score
>laughable inciting incident (after all the shit in the previous films, the last straw is some collateral damage?)
>build-up to a pretend fight at an airport
>typical Marvel "this changes everything" but the film ends with Steve's love letter to Tony which maintains the status quo

By the end I was convinced these characters were actually children trapped in adult bodies.
Steve: I am sorry, Tony, Bucky is my friend.
Tony: But I thought I was your friend.
Steve: You are but Bucky is my bestest friend, I have known him since forever!
*fight fight*
Steve writes a letter saying he is sorry for the fight, that Tony is his friend too.

yeah that's true, but you shoudl probably be over it by now

It sucks because the first two Captain America movies were the only Marvel capeshit I liked and this ruined it.

Better than "Why did you say my mom's name, alien scum?!!!"

Avengers disbanded, Cap a fugitive on the run from the U.S. Government etc.

Oh, and Thanos vowing to do things himself for now on

Reminder that WB has a discord for this daily spam shit.

Agreed

I watched the first Avengers like 5 times but watched Civil War once and never touched this shit again

It's a shame because I was looking forward to watching this since the trailer was leaked. It actually made me not want to watch another cape flick again.

I'll give Logan a shot though.

I wouldn't say it sucks. It's a by the numbers blockbuster, they're all like that. Perfectly serviceable, competently constructed. Just not memorable in the slightest. That's why, for all of its problems I'd gladly re-watch Batman V Superman over this again because the filmmaking is interesting, which cannot be said for Civil War or any other Marvel movie to date to be honest.

It's boring, that's the worst part for me.

>Avengers disbanded
Between Age of Ultron and Civil War, the new Avengers did absolutely nothing. The whole idea of Avengers has been redundant between the Avengers films. They might be disbanded now but they will be back in Avengers: Infinity War next year so, no, there are no real ramifications in regards to this.

>Cap a fugitive on the run from the U.S. Government
Basically an excuse why we don't see Cap until Infinity War - then it will be dealt with in 5 minutes as he comes out of hiding to combat Thanos. But I might be wrong and we actually see some ramifications to this.

This was end of Age of Ultron. The post-credits of Civil War set up Black Panther and Spider-Man. Post-credit scenes should not carry the weight you imply anyway.

It was one of their worse. It was borderlien acceptable

>action movie where the action is so bad it needs comedic relief
Yep, a piece of shit alright

It actually isn't . It's significantly worse in every single aspect

Frankly your reply seems more like a troll attempt at (you)s than an honest opinion