Should i give this a chance...

Should i give this a chance? I watched the first 10 minutes of it and it seemed like another teen drama but it's highly regarded in Sup Forums so i might be wrong. I mean it was only 10 minutes, i don't know anything about it. I just don't want to waste my time if it's not worth it

for fucks sake

the rule is 3 episodes. You give a show 3 episodes to decide. Not 10 fucking minutes.

There are exceptions where the first season is widely known to be not very good but is worth it for the rest (Parks and Rec or Star Trek: TNG), but this doesn't apply here.

3 hours is a lot of time to watch something if i'm not sure i'll like it

>worrying about 3 hours when you'll spend the next several shitposting on Sup Forums

>spending 3 hours watching a show i don't like
>spending 3 hours shitposting and having a blast

there's a difference

It's a good show if you like watching stuff for the performances as opposed to the story. You never really find anything out (it's written by Lindeloff after all) and everything is super vague and can be interpreted in a bunch of ways.

I personally don't really like it that much. I don't need everything to be explained to me and written out but this show goes too far in the opposite direction.

If you don't like The Leftovers then you are a pleb and that is objective FACT.

I consider it probably the best show of all time that I've seen. To overuse what I wrote in earlier threads, the sheer understanding of human condition and emotion the show portrays is simply put unrivaled in television shows and in most films. It shows empathy on a level that just blows my mind.

It's fucking amazing show and the best one I've seen.

>same handful of fags still pretending this show is good

You should. Soundtack is awsome, and the show is too. Just go in knowing you wont get all the answers to big questions, that is deliberate.

I don't think your interpretation of it is right. The show explores emotions heavily, like tragedy, or memories and "who we are". This entire "mystery of vanishing" has been a complete irrelevancy, a tool to drive the characters to a situations of different kinds to go through their emotions and what makes us tick and tock.

Like driving one character to a LIFE AFFIRMING SUICIDE I mean absolute fucking hell that is something I have never seen in tv.

And I meant, the part about the emotion exploring is what makes the content of the show. These are things yo act with your body and few words. So of course someone might describe a scene played out with these guidelines might appear "vague" but it is anything but.

Of course the entire poof thing is largely untouched outside of Faith aspect and Nora's role and the convention, which is fine. The side effects of it and how it changes people are what it is about.

It depends.

Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior?

>highly regarded by Sup Forums

no its not you stupid faggot. it's '''highly regarded''' by the sane group of plebs that watch that dyke shit and scream queens shit. fuck off

No user, you are the pleb.

I like it but the drama is cringe sometimes.

milquetoast melodrama for numale millennials

its Kino

I've seen exactly 3 episodes of this. Thought it was meh. Does it get a lot better or something?

If season 3 matches 1 and 2 then it will officially be one of the greatest television shows ever.

i was the same for a bit, dropped it because of the missing Toast bit but picked it up again last year and it gets drastically better on the 4th episode.

>no one could possibly like something I don't like!

it's a great pleb filter

so you'll probably hate it OP as you sound like a huge pleb who can't even watch 10 minutes of a show without pausing to post on Sup Forums

ok thanks I'll keep going. every review I've read also says season 2 is a lot better

i watched the first ten minutes in 2016. Also i just watched the first 2 episodes and its good so far. I don't think its as good as people say but if it gets better from here i think it'll be worth the watch.

>using plebaholics gifs

Its literally babby's first existential "WAKE UP SHEEPLE" crisis.

Just watch the vessel. Same shit except no idiotic magic or lindelof writing.

reminder that damon lindelof has been laughed off all other social media outlets and now spends all his time on Sup Forums marketing the last thing he'll ever be allowed to write

>Should i give this a chance?
Yes. But if you are a pleb it may be 2deep4u.

>he's still trying to shill the Vessel

>having a blast
Are you really?

the karaoke scene....

wow...just wow

we should start a subreddit just for that episode alone!

patty best girl, and the black baby is so cute!

Aw, someone's still buttmad about Lost.
Life wasn't what you thought it would be :(

Yes i am. Why would i come here if it wasn't fun for me?

oh stop it, you~

I ask myself that everyday

>parks and rec
>rules
>for watching tv

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrredditaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppp

The drama can get really fucking hammy and it's got lindelof's patented 'add this in just because' writing technique. It's a human drama marketed towards comicon nerd culture types. The kinds of people that go online and love to speculate on every little detail and come up with theories and such. It is not 2deep4anyone but that belief validates the few who enjoy it, like they're in on some kind of secret.

>when you can't distinct if its the character crying or the actor having an actual breakdown in the scene

it was pure gold tbhywfyhqfm.

kek, I hated Lost and never saw the appeal but love Leftovers.

reminder that if you don't rate The Leftovers in your Top 5 shows ever then you are an utterly tasteless peasant and should go back to >>>plebbit

>calling pleb shit pleb filter

Imagine being this angry and passive aggressive over the fact that some strangers on the internet like a show that you hate.

>hes still upset a bunch of beaners with fifty pesos outclassed damon lindelof's HBO show

Basically people were claiming the show could work without the supernatural elements and would actually be better for it, then some madman actually made that movie.

Best television show this decade easily.

If you have a top 5 your plebit incarnate

The leftovers is literally LOST:redux

This show put me into a depression and I'm not sure if I have fully left it yet.

if the leftovers triggered your first existential crisis you really should just take a swan-dive off and overpass.

no show is garbage

I was in that position last year. I actually stopped coming here for a few months and used reddit. After a while i realized how much i missed Sup Forums and how boring reddit really is. And when i stopped just lurking and actually started joining conversations it actually became pretty fun

>The kinds of people that go online and love to speculate on every little detail and come up with theories and such

Except this show has not cared about the technicalities surrounding the event or whatitscalled in-universe nor does it try to explain it in anyway. There is no mystery or whodunit in the grand scheme of the shows writing, like seasonal arcs of "omg will Jack Bauer save the President for the 11th time".

It's about life and various emotions people can experience in there (at best, this is what the show is about).

I do think that the Meg ebil mastermind arc in S2 was a heavy blow to the overall flow of the show and how it wasn't really in line with anything other that happened before, during or after it. It was pretty terrible arc overall that didn't play like rest of the show. And I didn't like it, but I forgive it since rest of the show is so much better.

found the pleb, well done you failed

Pretty sure there are some shows that are garbage.

Its fans seem to loath TYP, and mad men so after two episodes of the cringe tier dialogue I decided the show is likey crap for pseudo intellectual redditors

The best telly show since Sopranos for me.

>2017
>people admit they use reddit

holy shit, you're the reason for those nigger threads and gore, fucking scum.

Top 5 shows now

Walking Dead after S1 is pure garbage m8

also Sons of Anarchy after a certain point

only good episodes of walking dead are the first 2. Everything after that sucks

>ever even entertaining the idea that TWD and SOA weren't otter garbage since the first episode

wev lad you on some i want some

>it's highly regarded in Sup Forums

that means absolutely nothing.

>2017
>muh secret Sup Forums club

walking dead
breaking bad
rick and morty
steven universe
frasier

I've watched all of it so far. It's a 4/10 show AT BEST

Don't let the people on here trick you into thinking it's great, it's really not

>show has not cared about the technicalities surrounding the event

But it will literally mine it for cheap drama every episode

You're as disingenuous as the show.

its not highly regarded by Sup Forums hes an idiot

It doesn't really pick up before 4-5 episode in the first season. But season 2 is the best tv ever made, if you ignore the ugly mulatto chick.

T H I S

Wtf is with the dialogue? Its like everyone has autism

THIS dont waste your time

its pretty great to laugh at. For it is so hackish and ridiculous but it takes itself so completely dead serious. Though not as good as SVU in this respect.

It basically excels at absolutely nothing.

Yeah LO threads get like 50 replies and half are negative

>Cheap
In your opinion, that is.

whered you find this pic redditor? knowyourmeme?

TYP?

>half are negative.
Obviously it means that plebs got filtered. This board loves capeshit trash like Daredevil or garbage like post S1 Breaking Bad. They clearly cannot identify veritas kino from dog shit.

The Young Pope, dir. by Sorrentino.

Cheap as in obvious. You either see the writing as obvious or you're simply oblivious.

>TYP
The Young Pope

Where do I watch it?

>the young pope
dur. bad at acronyms

It's one of the greatest shows ever, I'm so glad I decided to watch it after putting it off for a long time

What is this obvious drama you are talking about and where does it appear and why is it a negative thing.

FYI. once you have grown out of the embryonic exposure to film and tv, most things become obvious because as the Good Book says
>Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

How many days and hours of your life have you spent doing nothing but sitting on Sup Forums all day long calling people redditors?

Do you even do anything else with your miserable existence other than sit on here all day every day doing it?

not that guy but your response clearly shows you are in fact from reddit

So when kevin was balls deep in that random ho when she vanished, if he came, did the cum vanish with her or did it stay behind?

this. funny thing is I was just testing HBO's streaming service out of boredom and this was first thing on the page.

only recalled all the shit talking threads about it and decided to give it a shot.

Simply epic.

depends, was the jizz flying or in the walls of vagoo

within about five minutes of being introduced to matt, it's completely obvious hes just Job and nothing good is going to happen to him, ever. So entire episodes devoted to "bad things happen to matt!" are just horrid slogs in obviousness.

your show is never going to catch on just let it go

Yes it's obvious. But that doesn't make it bad. The Tree of Life also makes it clear that it's an adaptation of Book of Job, and it's not bad because it's obvious in that context.
You may disagree w/r/t/ execution, but I love it. Matt's one of my favorite things in the show.

>NOTHING GOOD
Well, she did wake up and they are going to have a qt. bby

matt is so based, i knew he was familiar when i first saw him but he really was the doctor!

now i watch the show with my trusty sonic screwdriver and a lovely IPA in hand

>never going to catch on
It already has, the only reason it is even getting a third season is because people asked for it. They weren't even going to do a 3rd season.

Huh, that true? S2 is written pretty clearly with S3 in mind right from the beginning with Meg starting her thing

only you and like 3 other people defend this show EVERY THREAD. every single thread theres like 20 unique posters. its shit

its obvious shilling or your a pathetic fan because you always feel the need to protect your show

Stop trying so hard you sad little faggot.

>there are people who like different things
Wew

You know user, if you weren't such a shutin you would know that different people like different things. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean other people don't.

The show has a score of 8/10 on IMDB so you are in the minority of people who don't like it.

Sup Forums is full of retards like you who think you have to shit on everything to be cool and edgy.

>shilling
If you don't shit on a show it means you are a shill
No, user. It means I actually like it. When you are in a thread about a show you like and people are shitting on it, are you a shill for saying that you like it as well?

Why do people on Sup Forums even bother trying to defend this show when this board exclusively watches trash like GOT and TWD. All you faggots replying to the obvious bate remindes me of the idiots who derail Americans threads because they take the 'muh cuck plot line' replies seriously.