How exaggerated is soccer violence?

How exaggerated is soccer violence?
Let's say I am a naive americunt in your country.
I am walking near the stadium on a game day wearing the rival's team jersey. Just how dangerous is that in your country? I mean I am not going to get actually killed, right? Otherwise that would make big TV news and an international scandal would ensue. Would they just give me a few hateful looks and maybe banter me a little? That's about it? I know shit like pic related does happen once in a while but it is not really commonplace and it doesn't happen at every fucking game, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUS3paRE9Xg
youtube.com/watch?v=0qvNfIfe0CY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Among_the_Thugs
youtube.com/watch?v=IihQbX1oiHQ
telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/5400493/Manchester-United-fan-in-Nigeria-kills-four-Barcelona-supporters.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't do this in Brazil.

i mean people don't like americans so you probably wouldn't be made very welcome

so, it is a death sentence?

yeah but it wouldn't be immediately obvious in a huge crowd of people. i am just curious about the immediate reaction. worst case, angry fans would surround me and start throwing punches no questions asked. is that a possibility? or people would just give me weird looks? i mean i am not going to say hi everyone i am murkin, i would just be moving along minding my own business.

An American living here in Germany has literally done something similar.

He bought a ticket for a derby match in Stuttgart, but accidentally got one for the away section with the hated away fans.

youtube.com/watch?v=UUS3paRE9Xg

'e's a fackin yank journo

*away fan rivals

Spoiler: He survived.

the chances of something bad happening to you in western europe are pretty bad, but don't try it in eastern europe or south america, it's a very stupid way of ending up in the hospital

If it the teams have a rivalry, you go incognito.

It depends on the country. In Mexico unless you go right in the middle of the rival hardest fans you will MAYBE get banter, and even if you were in the middle I don't think they do anything.
In Argentina, if you go with the rivals jersey in some areas you will get stabbed.
East Europe is a no no too.

>the chances of something bad happening to you in western europe are pretty bad
*low i meant

again, the emphasis is he is an american. but it is just an example. what if he was your fellow brit or german.

>i mean people don't like americans
Literally fake news.

>Otherwise that would make big TV news and an international scandal would ensue

Last year an italian died here, i doubt he was even mentioned in Italy. Its dangerous if you mess with the organized cliques, normal fans are normal people and wont give a fuck.

Unfortunately violence is dead. Nothing wrong with a wee scrap but it's frowned upon these days

shit, i hope maybe trump would tweet about me...

>Unfortunately
why?

why do americans have to film everything all the time?

the other day i also saw some american tourist girls each filming themselves in the christmas market and talking to their phones, probably streaming it to facebook/instagram live or whatever

looked irritating as fuck

YOU SHUDDO PROTECTED'IM M8
'E WAS YO SON

funny that you mentioned that. i did that in germany and people looked noticeably upset. even in places like mcdonalds, a manager once yelled at me and asked me to stop filming (i just took a picture of the fucking menu, is that a secret?). and that was long time ago back when people used camcorders so it was a lot more obvious that you were filming. come on, it is 2017, there are millions of youtube bloggers in the streets filming everything. you can't get upset at every single one of them. just relax like the rest of the world. kek, no wonder there is no streetview in germany

It's exaggerated to demonise white indigenous people's.
Remember: mutually agreed upon scraps = bad; mass rape of millions of children by Muslims over decades = ok

In glasgow you might die just walking into the wrong part of town wearing a wrong coloured t shirt. Everywhere else in Scotland is pretty much fine though.

it just looks weird and we feel uncomfortable to be caught on some stranger's video

Kill yourself normie scum

I'm with ya, berger. For my family Christmas party even my cunt cousins whip their phones out the second one of us starts having fun. Banter with my uncle? It's being filmed, and then we notice and it kills the vibe. We just wait for them to leave or my grandmother starts beating them and takes their phone away. I'm glad to hear people don't do this in your country

In England this isn't going to be a problem except maybe for a few certain specific fixtures. There are only a fairly small number of people interested in kicking your head in but they tend to arrange this with like-minded people from other clubs' firms to take place a bit further away from the stadium where the police presence is less. What's more they never wear team colours.

My local police are pretty full on but I haven't seen pre-match violence in the immediate vicinity of the stadium since I was a kid. Post match, if there was a controversial ending, something smallish may flare up but it gets snuffed out straight away. You'd be unlucky to end up in trouble if you're not going all billy big bollocks and actively provoking them.

It's entertaining. The fights at the Euros were boxoffice

if its a real rivalary you may loose all your merch and/or get beaten

>poland bydlo

It's perfectly safe down here
you should come and try doing it

youtube.com/watch?v=0qvNfIfe0CY

his shock at 6:40

he is wearing stuttgart colors at a Bavaria vs BD game and nobody gives a shit. He was totally shocked that the fans weren't even separated and nothing was happening, so it was no different than a sporting event in the US.
Someone in the comments explains that it is like that at most bundesliga games unless it is some notorious derby like schalke 04 vs BD.

that's totally different. recording personal conversations is both annoying and retarded. that has nothing to do with filming random scenes in the streets as a tourist.

Western Europe: insulted
Eastern Europe: hospital
South America: death

hey retard, I see obvious foreigners doing this in NY almost constantly

You’d get the shit beat out of you if you were in Seattle

Well if it was olympiakos - panathinaikos he'd be lucky to walk away. Probably the same with West Ham Chelsea or any London and Millwall.
Liverpool Man U in the wrong place you'd also be fucked.

it depens where you do it and in what games, you could easily get stabbed in Rome for the derby for exemple.

I go to football most weekends and when we’ve had fans of the other side sat near us no one gives a shit. Might be a problem if it was a big game or the guy was being an obvious cunt.

>obvious foreigners

Not that guy, but how can you recognize "obvious foreigners" when your city's residents come from all different racial and ethnic backgrounds of the world?

There are even many New Yorkers who can't speak English properly, so not even the accent can give away if someone is a tourist or lives in NYC

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Among_the_Thugs

Yank Literary Editor actually succeeds in joining the Man U firm in the 80's, hilarity ensues. It's not like that now.

wardrobe, language, behavior. typically immigrants in NY aren't doing touristy things. not particularly complicated

>seattle
>got beat by sjw/furfags
lmao that's a good one.

Babbling groups of 30 chinks is an easy one to spot

Celtic-Rangers rivalry used to be pretty dangerous. Quite a few cases of death. Other than that its pretty tame if you stay out if trouble. Like if youre just minding your own shit, its fine.

wow, that's pretty cool

but that was mostly in the 1970's? like some fan was actually beheaded the cartel style.

better questions, why are they fascinated by everything?
i swear to god they spend all day talking about how they have to pay for public toilets.

That's what all bloggers do. And you can't beat Asian tourists when it comes to taking pictures literally non-stop.

underrated

If you walk around with an Ajax shirt in Rotterdam or a Feyenoord shirt in Amsterdam on match day, you must be prepared to run.
How hard you get beaten is dependant on the people you encounter. But you will probably not die.

I don't think you'd be physically assaulted but if you did something dumb like going to an away "derby" or playoff game you'd most likely be verbally abused and get stuff thrown at when you leave the stadium (specially if your team won). "Luckily" all potentially harmful items (bottles, sticks, firecrackers, etc) are banned now. Coins are the biggest danger these days.

It used to be bad. The 70s and 80s were intense across Britain. It culminated here in Scotland with extreme cases of fan pubs getting fire bombed and firms carrying and using knives. It's not like that anymore. The only case I could see you putting yourself in proper danger would be going into a rival fan pub before the game.

Plus Irish fans never got revenge for the 95 shit

I went to Amsterdam with the gf recently and stayed outside the centre. Local girls with their bfs kept giving me sideways looks and smiling, and I wasn't sure why at first, but then I read that Dutch guys don't ogle women because they're modern men. I obviously was ogling them so is that why they were smiling at me? I feel like they were doing it in a 'get a load of this guy' way

eh, probably get slapped a bit, your shirt taken and stuff like that.
if you're a foreigner, it might be a bit easier since it will be looked at more like a joke.

sometimes even with the same jersey, you can get beaten. this was like a month ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=IihQbX1oiHQ

Envy breeds hatred.

How is East Glasgow these days. I saw some documentary about the (not so distant) past and it looked pretty depressing.

We're gathering video evidence of war crimes.

are all of them really 3 meter tall there or it is a meme?

It's a brilliant book. If you want to know what it was like then, this is the man. The description of him getting beaten by riot police in Italy is hilarious and horrible at the same time.
In some ways it was even worse than he describes, a lot of people were slashed with stanley knives, I don't remember him talking about that.
Bear in mind a lot of people were maimed and some killed by the end of it all, with Hillsborough mostly finishing it off. It had gone too far. People were firing distress flares at each other and talking about guns as the next step.

This, certain pubs are home fan territory and you'd never get in with away colours on but you may well get some trouble trying.

A long long time ago a saw a Sunderland fan get into bother for this, fuck knows what he was doing it was just him and his little kid about 5 years old. He got sparked and his head landed stuck between two cars parked almost bumper to bumper. The little kid just stood and cried.

>tfw watching old footy riots from the 80s

>tfw you will never be a yank tourist who joins a firm like Frodo did in Green Street Hooligans

Feels bad man

That was a dope video, thanks for sharing bro

oh no not a bunch of pudgy anglos!

>italy
You are probably talking about 1984, when liverpool fans got attacked in Rome which basically led to the hazel disaster the following year.

Yeah it's still very impoverished. But there's shitholes all over Glasgow. The parts in the west end that are really nice aren't far at all from various estates that are full of crime and addiction. As far as football violence goes, it was actually Aberdeen and Hibs (Edinburgh) that had the worst reputation during the 80s. Those two clubs embraced the 'casual' movement more than other teams.

this is pretty pathetic.

>ITT really though casuals
Lel.

>Europeans chimp out at soccer
>South Americans chimp out for soccer
>North Americans and Asians are largely apathetic about soccer
>Africans are the only civilized soccer fans

Fucking stupid going near a bad pub before a game though. Especially in team colours.

where did you get that idea? they have stampedes in african games where lots of people die

whoa, what happens there? banter?

Imagine trying to get into a home team pub with a 5 year old kid though? How fucking stupid can you get?

Just being your glock 17 with a full clip and one in the chamber just in case. Those euro cucks cant even own guns LMAO

No, it was England at the WC in 1990, they smashed up Sardinia and the local police absolutely fucked them up, which they deserved. Buford was in the middle of it and got beaten with batons for a long time. The funny part is him trying to analyse what it's like to be beaten with batons so he can write about it later, while actually being beaten half to death and wanting it to stop.

Normal people won't mind, its pretty normal to see rival fans side by side in the stands. Its the hooligans you got to be careful, they're just looking for an excuse to beat people up and football is a perfect excuse.

a) won't be able to get it in the country
b) as soon as you draw it you're going to prison one way or another
c) someone behind you will probably smack you out cold in the back of the head just for being a cunt

agreed. still not as bad as beating someones ass in front of their crying child for wearing the wrong shirt.

not for wearing the wrong shirt, for trying to get in somewhere when you've been repeatedly told not to

no they're not, its common to hear about africans getting killed over premier league games

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/5400493/Manchester-United-fan-in-Nigeria-kills-four-Barcelona-supporters.html

you'll never walk again

I didn't now the Hillsborough stadium was in Africa.

oh okay, then its totally fine!

Wasn't there a legitimate massacre in Egypt just a few years ago?

that's hilarious. a true reporter.

Sorry my African-American friend, but that is just wishful thinking and astoundingly wrong on your part.

Every African country has basically at leaat one chimpout at a football game every year that oftenly leads to deaths, sometimes in the double digit range.

There was, in Port Said but it wasn't just because of football.

yeah, a shitload died but there was a govt conspiracy element, it was partly political punishment. A lot of people got the death penalty iirc

Lmao britcucks would scatter if they saw someone pull a strap. Literally all fucking pansies

I visited Rotterdam and i looked like a shady place, me and my firend got kinda lost and ventured a outside of the city center and foun a gtoup of pakis drinking and brawling between them for fun (in the morning) and then later another group of sandgoggles yelled at us something in arab.

Half of them (women) where as tall or taller than me and i'm 1,80

nice

african football fb pages are fucking hillarious,
even though arsenal is precived as the wog team on here they absolutly worshirp chelsea man u and >mouyes

I agree with g*rms on that one

30 years ago?
Not good.
Nowadays not much will happen beyond a lot of heckling except at shithole derbies like Glasgow or Newcastle/Sunderland.

There's a funny video of Brit police running from a guy with a knife. Cowards

In a normal game you will not have problems, if is a rivalry game maybe you get punched or worst. East europe looks worst, but I never was there.

Most of the violence happens nowhere near the ground and usually happens in the city/town in the pubs hours before or directly after the match, at least in my experience anyway.

There are certain pubs, I, as a home fan know that when a derby game comes, I would avoid because I know for certain that away fans mob the place out and act violently towards home fans.

Football violence is very real, and it's pathetic as fuck, and anyone who gets involved in it deserves to die.