Why do some people say Patrick Mahomes is going to be a bust?

Why do some people say Patrick Mahomes is going to be a bust?

He looks good in every bit of tape I've seen. He may unironically have the most arm talent in the NFL outside of Rodgers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkAtr-1U4DA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

most QBs are busts

chances are he wont be as good as Smith is right now

KC really needs a better OC

Arm talent means jack shit if you can't read a defense. Look at Michael Vick

>most QBs are busts
Very true. It's always the safer bet to assume a quarterback won't succeed in the NFL.

Jay Cutler has a lot of arm talent

>Andy Reid as HC

All you need to know

Andy Reid is the best HC in the business for QB development and the best possible situation for Mahomes to be in.

>He may unironically have the most arm talent in the NFL outside of Rodgers.
he has a better arm then Rogers. He looks identical to a young Brett Favre. Frankly, he looks better then Favre did in year 2.

Throws for 284 and gets the win against broncos

Peoppe are either saying hes a bust because he hasnt played, he has the arm strength and the legs to shift the coverage and expand time in the pocket, like Big Ben or Wilson, may not be best qb in draft class but hell have more longevity than Watson and hes way better than Trubustkiy, he can be a Big Ben with the right coach

Vick was good though

Good arm, shit footwork and mechanics, that combo never works out in the NFL

Rodgers has a better arm than Favre

Brett Favre could chuck the ball really far and that was about it. Tell me if he can throw it as far and as accurate as Gay handlebar mustache man.

>tape

Back to r*ddit

sup Pat

>mutt QB
>good
when will the black / mixed QB meme end?

>Rodgers has a better arm than Favre
no he does not.

Rogers has a more accurate arm then favre. He did not have as strong an arm as favre. Mahomes has as strong an arm as favre, and in y1 he already is more accurate then favre was in y2.

I'd say he's not going to bust. He made some plays in that week 17 game I've not seen any QB in the NFL make since Favre.

Once the Blasian QB becomes the meme

Not taking the time to develop your QB is the most retarded shit. I legitimately don’t believe backups should play an NFL game for 4 years after being drafted

this. can you believe the eagles started wentz this year LMAO

>Arm Talent

Jay Cutler, Rex Grossman, Ryan Mallett all had great arm talent too.

>he doesn't have as strong an arm
do you not watch football? Have you not seen his hail marys? His 50 yard dime passes while in the air getting hit? Most any qb can throw those distances, it is accuracy that makes a strong arm imprtant. Russel Wilson could throw most of the 50/50 jump balls Favre threw

youtube.com/watch?v=LkAtr-1U4DA

>He may unironically have the most arm talent in the NFL

>wait for anecdote of jamarcus russell throwing the ball 70 yards while on his knees.

t. never watched favre in his prime

gonna be a bust. mark my words

would've started if he was actually better than smith

false, they had strong arms

I loved him in college. then I found out he was half black and that destroyed all my faith in him. so here's whats lined up against him
>kliff babby
>Texas Tech rex grossman chuck it deep artillery offense
>half black
>andy reid
that being said I think he is looking great in the time he's actually getting on field in the NFL. also his dad played baseball so that can offset his african genetic disposition towards "feets donts fails me nows!!!"

dont get that excited though. doesnt seem like he's reading defenses. he's just really good with quick strikes to the first guy to get seperation.
the bigger question is how the fuck do you lose to the titans in the playoffs?
honestly. how does that happen chiefs fans?

>Arm Talent

Jeff George and JaMarcus Russell had the most arm talent in league history

Favre had a cannon. He broke his receivers' fingers. He didn't really have touch, though. Rodgers certainly has a strong arm, but it's not top of the league right now.

Cutler could make any throw. His problems at the position weren't due to his arm.

Andy Reid made McNabb look good, the guy who could have a receiver wide open 10 years in front of him and he'd land the ball five yards short in the dirt.

neither had arm talent they had cannons and could throw from one 20 to the other. arm talent is actually being able to make precise throws not only because you have a cannon arm but also good touch and placement which allows you to make throws other QBs simply can't make. best 2 QBs for that currently are Stafford and Rodgers

Russell Wilson is pretty good though, he had to evolve from being carried by his team to carrying his team. Shame he's in Seattle where they're crashing hard

>throwing a rookie QB out into the fire instead of developing him
That's just retarded user

Vick was garbage passing, he made up for it with 99 athleticism.

>when will the black / mixed QB meme end?
When the sports media stops peddling football to non-Whites in an attempt to boost ratings. The concussion shit will only make it worse. Intelligent people with other options will choose not to be retarded at 50 years old, but the people with no other options(brown people) will still chase that dream.

You're retarded or just don't watch football. 90% of the young successful QBs in the league today started their rookie season and are better off for it

My opinion on Mahomes from watching all his preseason and Week 17 plays:

The obvious skill that makes people drool is his arm. It's incredibly strong.
Mahomes has a very good throw on the run ability. He's going to be a QB that keeps the defense on the field on a 3rd and 12 because he scrambles and somehow hits a receiver with barely any separation, while running full speed. He's going to be at the center of very many meme plays that piss the defense off to no end. I'm also impressed by hit ability to shred tacklers in the pocket.

His footwork needs work. There are many times he's making laser accurate throws while throwing off his back foot. But he's not being pressured, he's just throwing off his back foot because he had to move in the pocket a little. His arm talent makes up for it on most throws, but it won't on every throw.

He's a gunslinger. It's going to be really fun to watch, but it's not going to be mistake free. I think the sky is the limit for him, though. Andy Reid made McNabb and Alex Smith, ALEX SMITH look good. Patrick Mahomes will actually be good. I think he'll flourish, but not without breaking your heart every once in a while.