Star Trek has predicted/inspired many of today's modern technologies

Star Trek has predicted/inspired many of today's modern technologies

-Cell Phones
-Computer Tablets
-3D Printing

How long before nanoprobes are a part of modern technology and medicine?

they already exist

I gotta smartphone but still ain't got no nanoprobes for defeating death
Forbidden fruit anonymously
Only elite rabbis aka not you

how long before holodecks?

>magical 'forcefields'
>edible 'photons'
>can create sentient beings superior to super-tech like Data
>fantasy like and seemingly endless room within a limited space

that is one technology that will never exist

we don't even have anything comparable today

>cell phones
portable radios

>pad
computer clipboard

>3d printing
printing

>I gotta smartphone but still ain't got no nanoprobes for defeating death
Yeah, because you are a commoner, and won't be allowed access to such things.

>portable radios
portable instruments

>computer clipboard
clipboard

>printing
writing

Replicator is more complicated than a 3D printer

reminder that everytime some is teletransported he dies and the other is just a new being but with memories of the deseased one

>predicted

There's that word again.

predicted is not the same as "predicted/inspired"

guess we need reading comprehension subroutines for our own personal biotech before we'll ever get holowaifus

I think that user put it aptly in calling nanoprobes "Forbidden fruit" but you are a commoner as well given your inability to read his whole post

Nanotechnology will be nothing compared to the Google mega AI neural net of Chrome nodes that will evolve into a skynet type scenario

Quasimodo predicted all this

memes aside, this shit is all because normies no next to nothing about how malwared the fuck up all google/Macroshaft products are so they put all their g-mail together with youtube, drive and other senseless shit

normies will literally bring upon the apocalypse

>dude, make a better trek thread
>stop the gay general
>makes decent topic, 15 replies

trek's garbage series 4 garbage people anyways

You forgot numale pussies.
It predicted numale pussies, too.

Yeah, us patricians know Wars is the superior Starshit

It didn't predict the death of white people though.

>>Yeah, us patricians know Wars is the superior Starshit

I posted this question as a different thread but this seems like a better place to ask

I have never watched star trek does anyone have a suggestion on where to start?

The start.

start with tng
move on to ds9
then voyager
then tos or enterprise

Both are autistic whiggish trash. Real men favor Warhammer 40K.

manchildren*

Test

>Real men favor Warhammer 40K.

They created an entire race and language for that crowd.

He's still dead.

Same shit, higher resolution and far faster.

She could've called him kirk for all i care, she's a primo fappucino

what is that supposed to prove

Trek predicted unisex formal uniforms in the armed forces as well

Isn't that the droid chick from starbuck explorer? Seven Ate Nein or something?

Man, WW3 back in the 90's was fucking crazy.

It proves that women don't give a flying fuck about your nerdy lore and canon, they just want to fit into any given crowd to be a part of the fun of being in a group.

The details are irrelevant.

>implying Sisko isn't a better captain than Picard

I've NEVER watched any Star Trek shows or movies.

How should I start?

By pressing play.

tuning on the television

Who's the fag hag?

hail the fuhrer

Hoooly fuck.

>seven a nine
>tershary adjunct of unimatrix 01
>but you may call me seven of nine

by pretending to ask this question every single day for years in star trek threads.

With the TNG episode "Sub Rosa".
According to Sup Forums it's the most Star Trek episode in existence.

Which series

Brent Spiner. How are you in a Star Trek thread without knowing that?

the animated series

I'm highly autistic computer nerd who programs pretty much all day, and even I've given up trying to keep all my information encrypted. It's too much hassle and unfortunatelyI need to use windows products for my work.

It's very complicated.

You need a plethora of official guides (the unofficial guides don't give you the correct information about specific episodes like stardates and ciritical events)

You should just wait to watch the series until you can find the right guide for the right series because the entire process is very complicated and can leave you bewildered if you're not careful

Related to Voyager's shittiness, not the thread question

Commander, tell me about your sexual organs.

*nods approvingly*

First watch TOS, which starts good but becomes bad after two seasons. Then watch TNG. Then watch DS9.

or

First watch TNG, which starts bad but becomes good after two seasons. Then watch TOS. Then watch DS9.

Then Voyager and Enterprise if you're desperate for more.

you've been replaced

Watch it, non-/trek/ memes!

Go eat a wheelbarrow full of dicks.

>Then Voyager and Enterprise if you're desperate for more.

Most trekkies still like these series because they become so ensconced in the lore that it provides their fix and even has a couple of really good seasons.

stop shilling for the series only you like. voyager's cast has great chemistry even when the scripts were half-assed by a bunch of lazy sci-fi hating assholes

>not to mention it was the first on UPN who were fucking retarded when it came to marketing and selling their products

The real question should be if Star Trek will ever regain the inspiration to look forward and introduce the idea of cool new practical technology/gadgets.

Discovery is going back further than ENT, there won't be any cool furniture or props.

I like them too, but I can't just let someone watch them without offering a warning first.

>Discovery is going back further than ENT, there won't be any cool furniture or props.

Bigger question is how is it that they are going further back than TOS but not going to look so far advanced in comparison?

Enterprise already made this mistake.

It proves my point that the series is aimed at the nu-kids from jj-trek because it represents a time adjacent to kirk or very close to

*tertiary

agreed?

Literally Geordi the Forge

I thought that outfit was their attempt at a space kilt

>Data's first homoerotic dream

christ, I fucking lost it

Id still put Janeway above shitsko

>you forgot archer as well, he deserves to be on the bottom because he's alsways "Huhn? Why are you angry aliens firing on us? I don't understand"

Never forget the crossover

There is probably no consideration for whether or not the aesthetic is timeline appropriate. Identity politics is more important than (on a good episode) heady sci-fi concepts.

>no archer

yes agreed, ENT never happened

I know who the fag is. I was asking about the girl.

Typical TNG Nu-Male Pussy Femboi Cucklord w/ no sense of racial pride.

random conwhore #5185
also known as feline supplement no. 21

Alex Jones is /trek/ though. Everything he says gets announced in the "real" news a few years later.

favourite Voyager episode by far is Timelines

How can Janeway vary so wildly between old lady and primo cunny depending on her hairstyle?

And here's old lady, the very next episode.

Nano-electronic machines was in a (I think DARPA) article I read the other day. It's here.. whether they'll work as advertised......

Would being a Borg be so bad? The Federation makes it seem like it's the worst thing ever, but having a collective consciousness sounds pretty sweet.

It would be perfection.

The consciousness that's part of the collective isn't you, it's the tech that hacked your brain and took over your body.

you lose your ability for normal self preservation.

notice borg dont care if they might get phasered and just walk past obvious jerkoffs.

as far as i know nanotechnology is hitting a wall right now

as small as we can make things they still aren't quite small enough to be more effective than treatment we already have. we can create simple machines, but machines that have the ability to replicate themselves along with any other ability isn't feasible

But your consciousness gets added to the collective, right? That's the entire point

>you're not allowed to leave if it's not sweet
No thanks.

How bad could it be? I mean I guess you could be fully aware of the agony of having all these synthetic metal pieces grafted onto your flesh but unable to do anything about it because your will has been completely overridden, but thats the worst case scenario

You'll be part of the retard brigade that gets a time machine and thinks the best way to use it is to stop humanity's first contact.

How good could it be if they make you join by force, and nobody has the ability to leave?

Well there are a dozen or so former borg throughout the series, and not one of them mentions anything like that, so I doubt it's the case.

That plan had a lot of flaws, but the biggest one was that the Borg are only interested in technology. Even if they did assimilate Earth they'd only get the shitty 21st century tech, kind of defeats the whole point. Actually the fact the Borg apparently cannot innovate or invent anything new and rely entirely on assimilation to improve themselves seems like a massive flaw in them.

That's how Communism works and it's been established that is the best economic system for all people

But they can.
They always come back stronger.
They're also able to procreate.

They don't really need to assimilate people at all.

>That's how Communism works
Not really, no. There are official methods of leaving a communist nation. It's more difficult than leaving a democratic nation, but the channels do exist.

It's really easy to leave China nowadays.

Star Wars is for normies who only watch something to have """fun""", the characters have very black and white motives. You know who's good and who's evil.
Star Trek is for beings who exist on a higher realm. Characters can operate in shades of gray. You ponder if Dukat is good or evil.

*tips commbadge*

>7s and 9s