The Expanse Thread

Smug about season 3 renewal edition

Also live watch thread.

www.stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-states/syfy-live-stream

www.arconaitv.me/sify/

Quiet

Yeah, I guess the spacing last week scared them all off.

Fermi vs Drake wut

I assume he means the protomolecule is extra-terrestrial rather than a martian weapon.

Waiting for the ep to download. Season 3 renewal is welcome news, I was worried that this show costs a lot and will never be mainstream popular like game of thrones etc.

That man is fucking full of shit.

As if anyone can understand what he says.

Dat filename

show sucks, its worse than voyager threshhold

>Tard Drek

>Wherever I god damn liiiiike.

What did she mean by this?

hating dawes is so reddit. what has he actually done wrong except not obey "the good guys" 100%?

We should all post with double spacing for this coming week in solidarity with our spaced Inner brethren.

Loved his little, "... even our concept of time come from them.", aside while working his verbal magic on Diogo a couple of episodes back. He's a lot more than just a political meathead. Jared Harris is really chewing up the scenery when required.

I want those belternigger lips around my earther dick.

Dumb Martians.

is smoking how she got that sexy voice?

should i be making my girlfriend smoke?

terrible episode

nothing happens like game of thrones

they didnt even end it on a cliffhanger like they usually do

There are at least 9 books written or planned. You think Syfy wlll allow a show to go on that long?

Don't even bother getting invested.

Even when it was SciFi, the longest shows ever ran for was 4 seasons.

Hope you faggots enjoy reading.

>Mom, I posted it again!

He left Julie to die.

>Whoever the fuck you are, stand down and let her say what she wants to say

She was in FINE form tonight.

Hey guys, big time sci-fi fag first time poster. Should I check this out?

Nice trip.

Watch and find out.
Do you need advice on how to wipe your ass too?

He didn't know she was dying, and he couldn't have helped her anyway...

If by "FINE" you mean "abominable" then we agree.

Bretty boring episode desu senpai. Babby panicking because of wide open spaces even though she has been hanging out on the surface of Ganymede recently. Chrisjen shutting all the civilised people up by barking at them like a mad dog. Alex being awkward, Amos being baffled by other peoples emotions, belters getting screwed over. Like 10 seconds dedicated to Venus showing signs of activity. Honestly I would have much rather cut Bobby's boring trial down and had the camera swoop down through the biomolecule structures on the surface.

This though. Imagine that same line but said by her colleague sitting beside her. The martians wouldn't have taken that shit. They could have just said it was her first combat exchange, her first time on earth, we are getting her out of here. They said multiple times thay they don't care who they besmirch as long as they stop a war so they could have just made her out to be a little bitch.

He tried to have Miller killed.
He stole the scientist that didn't belong to him.

>Babby panicking because of wide open spaces even though she has been hanging out on the surface of Ganymede recently
Which is clearly entirely different to Earth.

>Which is clearly entirely different to Earth.
Yeah because you can see even further. Outerbridge said "don't look up". What would be worse, looking up into earth atmosphere or into the clear black?

During the Apollo missions it was found that the lack of haze on the horizon messed up the astronauts ability to accurately gauge distances.

If you look up there is no horizon. No is there in the middle of a megacity.

You might as well drop the show now because everything from here on out is downhill.

I binged the first season and the first half of the current one, and I have to say the dividing up of the seasons feels all wrong. If I had watched season 1 as it aired and it ended on episode 10 it would have felt anticlimactic as fuck, but if you consider season one to end on s02e05 then it feels like a complete story. Though because of this the most recent 4 episodes feel like they're just getting going and the show is about to go off the air again.

if this earth slut walks out and shits on the street it's fine but drop a zero g turd in the middle of a space station as a belter and everyone loses their mind.

fuck this injustice.

That's because literally everything involving the old indian chick was poached from book 2 and inserted into the first season. The show writers fucked the pacing hard.

He meant to not drool like a retard at the blue sky.

maybe they were all spaced...

There's a huge difference between seeing a starfield (and Jupiter's giant looming ass) from behind a helmet visor or from under a dome and looking up into an alien sky without anything between you and it.

The shenanigins in the hub system with the gravity and on the generation ship could be fun. Also since they have had a while to think since they wrote them they might have changed stuff up ... oh who am I kidding, it hasn't been better than the books so far.

Oh wait, there is Bobby's growing up arc too, that could be good if that actor actually has more range but has just been told to hide it so far.

Is this show really good? I think I watched the pilot, but didn't like it. Should I give it another go?

SHOL'VA

wtf i hate belters now

>still no 1080p version

I found the first season boring as fuck. The second season has been better. But even then my favourite thing about the show is the sweet scifi SFX.

inners gives no fuck about belters either

What, because they didn't want to support a bunch of ivory tower leeches? They have enough trouble keeping their air filters fresh as it is. Refugees would just fuck up their fragile ecosystem and that is a crime that calls for spacing.

>their crime was being alive
Well meme'd, beratna

So? Didn't make it okay for the 'Ra to kill British civilians

>their crime was being alive
That is just disengenious. I didn't say they commited a crime. People don't only die because they break laws. You can't say that life is good irrespective of everthing else. In canon people are spaced for putting the air systems of space stations at risk. Introducing hundreds of people into an already fragile system would have fucked shit up. Sure it isn't "nice" but belters are basically the victorian era miners of the expanse time, they don't have the luxury of nice lives. And holy shit I basically just said check your privellege non-ironically.

>I didn't say they commited a crime.
>Refugees would just fuck up their fragile ecosystem and that is a crime that calls for spacing.
If the ecosystem is that fragile they should have been taken somewhere else, desu it sounds like the UN fucked this whole effort up

It was Fred (and his liberal OPA beuracracy) pandering to the UN. They agreed because it looked good to the powers of the system. Dawes was all no comprimises big guy, this train is full speed ahead even if the rails are dodgy.

She looks like a fucking ayylmao

Also, why the fuck do mars use American(earth nation) medals?

>not a Drummer episode

>MUHRINES

Militaries work on tradition, creating everything from scratch would be hard as fuck

The USSR did.
I think the MCR size and agenda makes a fine parallel.

Marines are not a US only thing.

When will she kick the bucket with that fucking throat cancer?

>Wherever I goddamn like!

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY

AVASERALA ON FIRE

What accent does she have anyway?

who is this semen vacuum

My waifu so you better not say anything lewd about her.

>3d
>waifu
That's not how it works.

Yeah. Who the hell wants to watch this in 720p, or anything for that matter? Yet we've always got to wait another half day for standard def 1080p.

>Marines are not a US only thing.
Dude, you do realise this is set in the future and Bobby has said in the show "we are marines!" like the time whe she was being told they were being assigned to Ganymede.

Just put your face closer to the screen like the rest of the world.

"Marine" is a generic name for navy infantry, that's why you say US marines.
They are marines because the navy left the oceans and reached for the stars instead.

Why is she always so smug /expanse/?

I love her

Holy shit, it really is him.

i hated last nights episode because there was no drummer

she should be in every episode. this is bullshit

>The USSR did.
America did too after the Independence.
So yeah it's dumb that Mars didn't after it's independence.

its*

Anyone got a torrent? Pirate Bay is being weak

Martians are so annoying. They bitch about earthers ruining their planet when the martians were there just a few generations ago doing the same thing. Only difference is that they took off when it all went to shit.

Use a torrent client with built in search engine.

This one's on the house.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1c7807b7583cc1738ceb437c093621ec0acdeae2

Cheers friendo

I like how they shittalked basic income. It's the dumbest fucking idea ever. Fuck Earthers

Do you fucking make these threads just to post this?

Jaffa, Kree!

>It's the dumbest fucking idea ever
It's not.
Earth has come to a point where the workforce demand is so fucking low that most of the population has no opportunity to work.
Maybe you're fine with letting those you consider your fellow [insert group/nationality] starve in the streets with no dignity simply because there's no opportunity to earn your bread.

Mars on the other hand is pretty busy and can't afford laxism for its own survival sake.
There are technologies to research, loads of life support to maintain, cultures to grow and a whole fucking planet to terraform and mine.

And those who don't fit for all of the above are conscripted so they can PRETEND to do something in order to receive basic income.

It's stupid because if humans have nothing to do and have no competition then they become mentally and physically weak. It's a shit societal structure that allows all problems to be solves like that. Humanity must struggle for eternity or it will regress

Well buckle up because we are headed that way with automation. Basic income is going to be needed very soon.

It's not going to happen, it's just a carrot on a stick that only the naive and the lazy see as a good thing. We already solved most of the problems required for humans to stay alive without automation which is why the world population grew so rapidly, yet there's still so much to do. A population whose activities largely grind to a halt will start to fail, which is the point they're trying to make in the expanse with how shit Earth is

You (inhaldes) are (inhales) fucking (inhales) not (inhales) in (inhales) control (inhales) here.

could see that ending coming a mile away

Now you begin to understand why martians and belters dislike earthers. like that guy When you are confronted to the hardships of a hostile environment you realize how much of a Paradise Earth is and how earthers take everything for granted.

FILTHY
DUMB
BELTER SCUM

Also, not only that but they want more. More of your shit your work so hard for in the vacuum.

Most annoying characters from this episode: The Captains bitch of a wife and Le Martian Military Man that doesn't even Drake equation. I know the show is building up to more, but the last two episodes have been my least favorite of the series.

I can see how the show will turn into GoT levels of story telling (having episodes back to back to back where essentially nothing happens). Maybe I'll just wait until April 20th and watch the rest of this season at the same time. Still, glad to hear that the show got picked up for another season.

I was like ayyyy mang long time no see

I didn't like her before, but goddamn, I legit hate the actress now.

jesus they are really working hard to to ruin bobbie
in ep 10 avasarala figures out the suit feed, bobbie is useless once more

>from space KANG to space trucker
Damn
I get Laura Roslin vibe from her, god knows I want to punch her so bad.

What's going to happen is that work hours to going to decrease rather than every fucking job disappearing.

>smoking

Disgusting

I hated space cancer clinton but I like avasarala so far, even though the actress occasionally hams it in

Probably because a purple heart is one of the few medals the US audience would recognise. It is weird that Mars uses a medal specific to only one country. Let's just assume that the Texan colonists were responsible for Mars adopting it.

Drake equation is a meme, you dip. the military dude is right. At best we would know half of those values, everything else is "let's just assume it's 1, LMAO"

>yfw you saw your god, Apophis.

Sounds like magical thinking right there. My point is that a human that comes from a Martian society, and the captain of a science research vessel should be intelligent and open enough to more possibilities. The show had to create a conflict to make for better story telling, but it just came off as annoying.