Should we bring back insane asylums?

Should we bring back insane asylums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ
cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/vince-li-man-in-bus-beheading-granted-unsupervised-passes-to-winnipeg-1.2976618
youtube.com/watch?v=dbiYJkiX-Dg
nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Public-Policy/Jailing-People-with-Mental-Illness
catoutofthebag.info/1/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. About 30 years ago, the majority of mental institutions went broke and closed. This is why we have so many homeless people today, in the past they would be in an insane asylum.

No, because everyone has " Rights " now. You can just toss them in a hole and hose down the freaks once a week anymore.

what are you talking about sweden is established allready

Fuck you OP because of you I have youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ
stuck in my head.

HELL YES!!!

Liberals need a straight jacket with a padded room for their safe spaces.

Yeah, some people don't really act like people. Instead, they destroy everything around them with reckless abandon, including themselves often.

Those are the same rights protecting you from the government throwing you inside such "institution".

Those asylums were on point. I can already get a decent look at the usual patients they'll be filled with: Jhonny, the dude who believes he's in the moon, Carl with serious memory problems and Walt, the guy who believes he needs 20 rifles to fight the government.

What this guy said. They're basically just homeless shelters, which is fine. Keep them away from normal people.

We'd have to put over half the population in them.

What does this masterpiece have to do with insane asylums?

With the ammount of insane people, I rather reccomend concentration camps.

Why not eugenics?

I think we need a stronger definition of what it means to be sane before we start dumping the lesser beings in asylums. Is there an optimum number of 'patients' per asylum I wonder?

You guys don't have asylums now?

user please don't make me go back to that place again!

Yes.

We have those. They call them "safe spaces" nowadays.

>No, because everyone has " Rights " now. You can just toss them in a hole
Yeah, it's much better to release them into the general public. Take the case of vince li, all he did was use a buck knife to decapitate the guy next to him on a Greyhound, then hold the head up for everyone to see. After a few years of 'hospitalization' it made complete sense to let him out because he apparently wasn't talking to satan anymore, and promised to take his meds.

cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/vince-li-man-in-bus-beheading-granted-unsupervised-passes-to-winnipeg-1.2976618

You sound like everyone's retarded uncle on Facebook.

youtube.com/watch?v=dbiYJkiX-Dg

Anyone remember Willowbrook?

My father and I both have schizophrenia. We would be in there had it most of them not be shut down, he is an engineer and I am about to get my CPA. Life isn't always fun, but it's better than being locked up or having a lobotomy.

He a good boi

Wait. ''Bring back''? You mean they're gone?

Today's mental asylums are prisons
nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Public-Policy/Jailing-People-with-Mental-Illness

Typing on phone. Sorry for typos.

In the past I would have said no. Then I went to San Francisco

With tens of millions of beds, yes. Anyone who voted Democrat steadily for the past 15 years gets committed involuntarily.

Not gunna fund this shit. Fuck off.

me when my parents walk in my room

I give you a (you) cherish it

You guys realize that you're just contrarian edgelords right?

If I went up to any of my buddies and said, "Hey you remember Sup Forums from high school?" Well now there's a Sup Forums board that is really active and it's all about politics"

I guarantee they would guess correctly that the whole ideology is contrarian angsty bullshit that's sole purpose is to come up with the edgiest possible opinions on any societal issue.

A bunch of NEETs, college drop outs, blue collar workers, teenagers and trailer trash with delusions of superiority circlejerking about their Sup Forums political party.

Off yourselves.

You know that the leftist would put whoever uses logic against them into the insane asylums, right?

yes
it would cut down on the number of homeless and beggars by 99%

The best definition you can get is for people with real mental problems, which you can actually check by something other than behavior.

"Medicine" today prefers to label almost any sort of deviant behavior as some sort of disease or psychological problem. They judge some dude who lost half his brain in a car accident and a depressive teen as "mad", the difference being how bad the case is.

We can't let doctors and scholars define what a mad person is. I'm one of the few doctors I know who aren't total control freaks. In college they teach you the patient is your "responsibility" but what they really mean is that doctors are right about everything, even if it doesn't relate to his job, as long as you're under his care.

Any decision you might take about yourself is judged as stupidity by most doctors if they don't agree with it, they can't tell where the line between patient and person is. If you decide on something that might harm you, even if you don't know about it, instead of explaining they'll label you as an idiot, or a not "sane" person. It's the same sort of thinking liberals use to label pro-gun as insane.

ahh yes the classic random drivel completely irrelevant to the thread, how impressive.

Yes, but abort anyone who requires extended commitment.

You sure your life is even real or are you just imagining it all?

That guy was a chimp.
I talk to Satan all of the time. Such acts of barbarism are primitive in his eyes.

I'm really just blown away at how consistent you guys just choose the direct opposite of what a normal view on any topic is.

>h-here I go!
Scathing ad hominem, fucking idiot

>delusions of superiority
oh the irony

Hope that kid is happy with his friends.....

probably because the normal views on every topic are held by stupid faggots

This segment is what put Haraldo in the spotlight btw.

I would say a safe definition is someone is insane if they are either a danger to their community or self.

I had the "benefit" of growing up with my dad who had it. I am able to recognize that my delusions are delusion most of the time. Though I stil believe them internally I can at least fight them to some extent. Knowing something is fake and believing it are kind of different if that makes sense

Not ad hom, try again.

There's another one of those that shows more books leading to an optimistic view again.

That's exactly what a Sup Forums retard would say.

Weren't insane asylums just the places where sadistic doctors went to work to get their rocks off?

Like literally everything about insane asylums/mental health institutions was fetishy. Tons of unnecessary bondage and painful experiments.

But yeah, basically if I was smart enough to be a doctor, I would work at a women's insane asylum.

not an argument

What do your delusions consist of? What's it like?

this desu senpai

Use the word contraryan more.

Fuck, You were faster than me.
I were going to say that!

Neither is literally anything you've said. My original post was based on a bunch of people picking the direct opposite of what our knowledge of mental illness tells us is a good idea.

Why do people here have contrarian opinions about literally everything? Because they're socially rejected Sup Forums faggots who need to pick edgy ideas to rebel against normal people.

I'm using it because it's accurate.

Yes, but without all the experiments performed on them. Basically assisted living facilities funded by taxpayers because it's better than having most of them in public. If a family is capable of taking care of their insane or retarded family member, fine let them do it, but most aren't and should be able to have them taken care of. This goes double for those prone to violence or who are criminally insane, they need to be rounded up and treated where they can't hurt anyone.

Maybe we can toss you in there too

Shut up and leave. Nobody cares about what you're saying, so stop wasting your time.

>blue collar worker
You mean the people who can afford mortgages while you struggle to pay off student debts working an internship at an advertising firm that will never, ever hire you?

It's still like this because lunatics chimp out. I have a relative who works in mental health. The difference now is you send the lunatic out the door so he can enjoy sleeping under a bridge.

autism

>''Blue collar worker'' is an insult nowadays

>restraint implements were always seen as sexual

You do realize that when this shit was invented, it was to stop Crazy Jerry and Jane from ripping their own throats out?

Also, if you're a retard adult that shits themselves, of course you'll have an adult daiper put on.

Only degenerates think daipers are sexual.

Truth hurts faggot, I've said what I need to say.

Let it sink in.

Lol 0 student debt and a career, but whatever helps you sleep at night :^)

It's like you haven't even seen Silence of the lambs.

People being locked up in asylums if they're a threat to society or to themselves, most often through court verdict. No one will take there normally living person with quirk thoughts. No one will hold you there for a long time, all in all, it's taxpayers money. They'll just pull you through medicament and psychological therapy, and throw you out.
But asylums could help with particularly aggressive vehement sjw.
Also i laid in one. It's like camp, but you're not allowed to go outside and have to take in different meds. If you're not behaving aggressive, you'll be treated as normal person as outside.

The fuck Puerto Rico
I though we were cool

Yes.

Now more than ever.

Autism: The Post

It's not going to sink in. You haven't said anything of worth. You're just another brainwashed normie.

At least in the USA, insane asylums are still a thing. There are several in my city. They are not like jails like you might see in old documentaries or horror films, but the concept is the same. A place to keep all the crazy people.

I'm not sure what you mean by "bring back", they haven't gone anywhere.

>I guarantee they would guess correctly that the whole ideology is contrarian angsty bullshit that's sole purpose is to come up with the edgiest possible opinions on any societal issue.

This is the realest post I've ever read on Sup Forums.

>tfw One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest got all the bleeding heart retards to demand the states close down mental institutions
>tfw the type of abuses seen in that movie stopped in the 50s
>tfw massive number of discharged with mental hospital patients with nowhere to go becoming homeless living on the streets
>tfw this created the perception the late 70s recession was way worse than it actually was
>tfw this was the main reason Carter lost re-election
>tfw bleeding heart retards made Carter lose election

Well you're here acting contrarian to our views, so technically you are the edge lord in this situation.

Glad to know I'm not alone in similarities of opinion. I don't use goybook.

It really sounds like he is describing Sup Forums. 1 person watching over 100 retards wallowing in their own filth,etc

A paid internship isn't a career, fagget, and having mummy and daddy pay off your college tuition is nothing to be proud of.

I guarantee you make less than a plumber. Let me guess, 14 bucks an hour working in a cubicle?

>should we have buildings we have to to pay to run and maintain instead of just executing the mentally ill

Reminder that this is demoralization

>No one will take there normally living person with quirk thoughts

They do that all the time. First time I saw it happening I thought it was a shithole country thing, then I did some research and even took some detours during study in foreign countries. I've seen it in Portugal and the US.

Of course they won't lock up some dude who likes to beat off 10 times a day, but they sure have enough pretext for gun nuts as "possible harm to society".

Either you use a strong parameter or let it be. Dictators already proved several times they can drag the line on almost anything.

Thinking that his dad is an engineer and not tied up in the loony ben

Did they not have lights for the building?

definitely not

View this in a tor browser.
catoutofthebag.info/1/1/

I don't get it

Sometimes I wonder how genuine this photo is. Paired with the supposed backstory, it's fucking horrific.

I can see it now. Houses of demented Sup Forumsacks all rocking backwards and forwards, spewing out verbal shitposts at each other. The halls will echo with the cries of the demented and shouts of 'praise Kek!' and 'thah Jews!!'

Said this the other day on here and it was greeted with a hearty thud.

Honestly, It's the only way to save civilization.

but none of us though because were the only ones who aren't crazy

>Only degenerates think daipers are sexual.

>implying attention seeking whores on Sup Forums are not degenerates
Are you serious?

That was Reagan and the right wing, not liberals.

Dumbass.

Please link the backstory, buddy!

As shocking as a place like that is, how would integrating them into the general populace help at all?

Found the psycho.

diapers is the most meme fetish ever

I'm really torn. On the one hand I want to say no because of how people with obvious mental deficiencies were treat in the past, how you treat the most vulnerable of society says a lot about that society as a whole. Yet on the other hand I think they're desperately needed, especially now that we're pretending that insane is the new normal.
If they were ran by people who didn't have delusions of grandeur I would accept them immediately, yet we know from human history that give anyone a little power over anyone weaker and they immediately abuse it (Communism as an example on a much larger scale). Then once you get into the profit aspect the entire thing is pointless, no one really cares about helping anyone (well they do, but they're very few and far between) and start to run these institutions as businesses (see private prisons). Nothing like this can ever work because as soon as something can be used to turn a profit Jews immediately flock to it and destroy what it could have been (see any 20th or 21st century invention or discovery).
The real worry is when they start to need new "patients" for more profit and the line between sane and insane starts to become blurred just like the whole "hate speech" debate. Something like this will never work while we still claim that emotion trumps fact and that's not going to change as long as they have their small population fingers in big population pies.

tl;dr It's a nice idea, but with they still around it's completely fruitless and will never work.