So why are old as Nazis still being persecuted? Personally I think it's fucked up but I'd like Germany's opinion

So why are old as Nazis still being persecuted? Personally I think it's fucked up but I'd like Germany's opinion.

>So why are old as Nazis still being persecuted
What?

they were given life sentences, they must serve them.

Making senior citizens stand trial for shit that happened before the prosecutors were born . Don't really get the point

They took part in helping a genocidal regime commit mass murder, they should be hunted down and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I'm going to guess you also think you "support the rule of law"

What about the ones who had no choice?

To send the message that you can't get away with committing genocide. Look at the shitty way the Balkan war criminals were handled after the Yugoslav wars. A ton of them are still free, some trials are still ongoing etc. Shameful.

because when you break the law you go to jail
Also

That is no excuse, you always have a choice. They chose to take part in genocide.

Not a ethnic german but I think that law is law and you cant just avoid your punishment by virtue of being old. What irks me tho is that even people, who just worked as cooks in the concentration camp kitchens decades ago, get punished for being "nazi collabs"

>implying

See
Why do you guys want to deport Mexicans who were brought over as babies? Doesn't make sense to "persecute" someone for a crime that was committed when they were babies

>90+ year old nazis are persecuted for their crimes

>Sweden still refuses to extradite S. Michnik over his stalinist crimes
>Israel refused to extradite Salomon Morel, the commander of the communist Zgoda labour camp where under his command thousands of Polish, German and Silesian prisoners died

And the ridiculous thing is Israel refused to extradite Morel twice quoting statue of limitations. Because crimes against humanity apparently expire like it was fucking theft. Unless you're a God's chosen of course.

Why aren't Gulag guards punished?

I'm only half German but I actually always thought this way. The real scandal is that it took so long for those Nazis to get punished properly. This is the real slap in the face of all those victims.

Would like an Xtra large cup of mexi splooge to go with that?

I blame that more on how the Soviet Union fell as opposed to how Germany was defeated in war. The Gulag guards deserve punishment but it is harder to punish them and could be detrimental to the stability of a new government, making it risky.

Because with Jews, you lose

Cmon man, I'm not taking that bait. Try harder

It's kind of mind-boggling how the Soviet Union were part of the Allies and supported.

>bait
hahaha...right, right
silly old me

Ew this is some old dude

Well the governments were more angry at German aggression and later war crimes. The Soviets joined in before it was really about the war crimes, while they still didn't like the USSR they saw them as a necessary evil to the war effort. After the war they were seen as a bad ally because the USSR began it's own aggression, though it was limited by the nuke and mutually assured destruction.