What are some good movies that depict Earth with its actual shape?

What are some good movies that depict Earth with its actual shape?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_the_Earth
blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/the-geoid-why-a-map-of-earths-gravity-yields-a-potato-shaped-planet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None of them

what are some kinos about satan

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas

Any movie with regards to the earth being flat

haha it looks like a butt

JUST

Wouldn't the water be evenly formed around the world?

yes. this is stupid

Apparently not because the pic clearly shows otherwise.

what are the movies that deal with Earth being a spacecraft

who designed it?

where is it going?

why does it include ur mum who is a whore?

This is fake since surface tension of the ocean would effectively have India under water and south east Asia would be one giant mountain.

Earth isn't a perfect sphere but it's damn close. Not some retarded blob.

Woah I didn't know the Himalayas were that tall

>what is gravity
There's no reason why water would fall from higher regions when those regions also have move gravity keeping the water together.

This is confirmed fake.

Google earth without water.

You're fucking retarded or a troll.

I choose to believe both.

That's Indonesia you fucking dunce

>this perfectly scientific pic is wrong b-because I said so!

What is ocean depth.

Dam earth is thicc senpai

the OP image is significantly exaggerated

>the earth is flat
the earth is phat

all I see is the cookie monster eyeing some god damn delicious cookies

delete this

Are you retarded?

It's not depicting the Earth without water. It's depicting the relative gravitational strength at different points on the Earth's surface
It's called a geoid en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoid

It's not "fake" it's just not what people think it is.

It's a visual representation of the Earth's gravity, which is not uniform but actually slightly changes from place to place.

Just how much is NASA hiding from us and why?

What do they gain from this?

It's funny how much movies idolize them when they are one of the most corrupt institutions in the world.

I keep seeing this everyhwere, the fuck is it?

I am an angel who decides when the apocalypse happens and after reading this thread I have decided that all of humanity will die, no one will be saved and Sup Forums posters will burn in hell for all eternity. Those who have participated in this thread will be subjected to particularly cruel and unusual punishment.

Gravity is mass, therefore OP's pic still shows Earth's true shape since more mass means bigger mountains.

woah the Earth looks like THAT???!

Childhood is idolizing NASA, adulthood is when you realize makes more sense

that's not earths fucking shape.

earth is literally smoother than a pool ball. if you were to shrink earth to the size of a pool ball, the imperfections on the pool ball would be several times the magnitude of the himalayas to the marinas trench.

>more mass means more volume

You forgot density.

Looks like my prostate

Stupid faggot.
OPs image represents some parameter (perhaps the strength of gravity) as a greatly exaggerated depiction of relief. It does not represent the shape of the earth.

>India is Earth's butthole

when did the earth got so THICC

So you are implying that each part of the world has the exact mass to volume ratio to keep it perfectly spherical.

That seems very, very improbable. It's much more likely that OP's pic is correct (which it is since it was a proper scientific study that didn't use NASA's monopolized satellites).

No, are you?

King Kong: Skull IslandĀ©

>Gravity is mass
Gravity is mass and the relative separation of objects

Earth's mass is not distributed evenly due to density of different materials, nor is the distance between the surface and the idealised ellipsoid of the Earth's shape, a constant (so more or less separation). Hence the geoid maps deviation from the idealised surface

That was already explained here Also nice ad hominem, really shows how little you truly know, you are nothing but a sheep that blindly trusts whatever your government says.

underrated

why do i want to fuck the earth?

THAT PICTURE SHOWS DIFFERENT VALUES OF GRAVITY ALONG THE EARTH

NO ONE CAN BE THIS STUPID

ARE YOU ALL FROM /X/

If you shrunk earth until it was a meter in diameter, the himalayas would feel as smooth as polished steel. The earth is fucking huge in scale to its geographic features.

Are you American?

If it's not distributed evenly then it's not spherical, OP's pic is right.

What is it then? First you said density automagically changes to keep Earth spherical even while having different gravities but now it doesn't?

It looks very lumpy to me.

This is not the shape of the Earth, this is a map of gravitational anomalies on the Earth, with the highest gravity being in the pacific basin for example.

The Earth is a spheroid, it's actually pretty damn spherical overall.

it would be extremely painful

See

gravity is the same everywhere you go. how can you be this dense?

you want to fuck GAIA (male)?

You realise that the crust of the earth has different thickness's in different places, right and that these thickness's not only extend above the surface but downward in to the liquid mantle as well?

How does that make it not lumpy but actually perfectly unrealistically spherical?

What am I looking at?

it's an oblate spheroid

It's not perfectly spherical, nobody ever said it was perfectly spherical, it's technically slightly elliptical.

So you're saying that it's lumpy just like OP's pic.

map of the inner earth

The Indian Ocean floor maybe?

various measurements of height and depth to show that OP's pic doesn't represent the same thing

Stop getting baited.

Damn Earth looks like *that*?

Seriously though that pic gives me the uncanny valley vibes.

No, it's 99% like a pool ball and 1% like a rugby ball. OP's pic is not in any way intended to be a graphical likeness of the Earth's actual shape, nor is it accurate as one.

I know that you're trolling but you need to stop because this bullshit has actually started to gain traction with stupid people.

Oh for fucks sake.

>like a pool ball and a rugby ball
Ah yes very scientific terms backed by real scientific studies.

Please kill yourself

Because the the distance between a point on the Earth's surface and the centre of the core does not correspond to the geoid

Nice ad hominem

So is a mountain with caves inside spherical? No because that makes no sense and your failed theory doesn't disprove anything.

>Misinterprets a scientific study
>Throws a fit when people callhim out
>Afraid of abstract analogies to shapes
Are you autistic?

(You)

It is technically an oblate spheroid because it isn't perfectly spherical but for any person who isn't intending to calculate the trajectories of geostationary satellites, you can think of it as a sphere. Technically, if you were to reduce the Earth to the size of a pool ball, it would be closer to a perfect sphere than any man-made object that size (such as a pool ball), but it still isn't perfect.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_the_Earth

OP's picture isn't a picture of Earth's actual shape, but rather an exaggerated graphical representation of gravitational anomalies across the planet's surface.

>Perfectly spherical
>Perfectly
>Muh spheres
You really are autistic, to you any kind of mud in categorical barriers is an agony.
Pro tip: nobody said it's perfectly spherical, but it's spherical in the same sense a slightly flattened cue ball is: it looks like a sphere if you look from far away enough.

It's not a goddamn blobby mess and misinterpreting an image without the correlated study makes you a moron.
Ask a goddamn real geologist to take that rock from up your smelly butt and teach you the basics.

the Pacific is kino

>failed theory
9000 hours in paint might explain it, since you're obviously denser than the planet itself

Here we have two points P1 and P2 that are both distance L from the red line so forms the geometric centre of the axis we are looking at. If the distance L was projected from a centre in all directions it would form a perfect sphere

The different coloured segments represent thickness of different layers of material with different densities. The thicknesses are not the same below point P1 as they are below P2, so the mass distributed between the red centre line and the two points is not equal along the lengths L, so even though the surface distance is the same and would appear as a perfect sphere if projected in all directions, the gravitational strength would vary from point to point at a much greater extent.

Now on the earth, there are undulations in the length L, but the undulations are much, much smaller than the variations in gravitational strength, so the geoid is far more distended than the geological surface of the planet.

In threads like this you can easily observe that most of the autistic shitposting on the board isn't ironic or jokey

>uncanny valley

haha

That map is showing the variations in Earths uniformity grossly exaggerated so that they are visible.

that is all.

no, but that pic is still stupidly exaggerated

>can't even run a decent government
>caring about trivial shit like planet shape

You're a scholar.

>round earthers
sigh please get a clue

This.
We literally lived in a flat earth, a round earth, a geodal eath, and non has affected the way people live inside.
We could literally live in shit shaped earth and nothing would change

that's the ocean floor you dingus

Flat Earth is a psyop to hide the truth of the hollow Earth.

das it mane

>supposedly a realistic shape of the earth
>all NASA photos show earth as a perfect sphere from "space"
these retards can't even keep their lies straight

Have a free you

>dude hollow earth lmao
>franchise can now shit out any monster any time
GOAT

>stating the obvious is fishing for (You)'s
(You) can have it back, I don't need it when I have the truth on my side

It's depressing, I really need to cut down my internet.

>scientific pic

kek

blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/the-geoid-why-a-map-of-earths-gravity-yields-a-potato-shaped-planet/

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Not a spaceship though. A computer.

the fuck is that thing

what are you on about?