>tank a whole season
>get picks for the best up and coming rookies
>don't develop properly and squander their talent

Drafts and lottery picks are a mistake.

USA was a mistake.

>team with richest owner buys up all the talent
>one or two teams dominate league forever

No system is perfect

Imagine being a top athlete in college and knowing you HAVE to play for one of the shittier teams in the professional league for at least a few years.

It's more fair, for a reason they have money: they've been successful and they produce good player that they later sell. Of course I'm talking about real clubs, not foreign money injected plastic clubs like PSG, Chelsea or City

Here we have River and Boca buying players from smaller domestic clubs but they deserve it, they are just better, they have way more fans (and club members who pay every month) and better youth academies who produce better talents to sell to Europe

This system is closer to being perfect than the American system

It happens right now, some quarterback who knows he'll be the first pick said he would rather just stay one more year in college because he doesn't want to play for the Browns. I mean, when the draft comes the player getting selected can't refuse to play for them, it's literally a modern slavery system where the white team owners just select black athletes to play for them

damn that's depressing

You guys are great. This thread never gets old!

>retard thinks tanking is real when players are literally fighting to keep their jobs in every game and coaches are on a thin line between having a job or being fired

>imagine being a fan of a team and knowing you will never win a championship because your owner isn't a rich Arab

The players don't have to play for the team. They can demand a trade or sit out the draft and become a free agent while simply making less money. No one is forced to play for a shit team

You unironically believe the English league is the norm, they are actually a really, really (less than 1%) minority. Most leagues in the world have just clubs that are managed by the club members

How comes none of the first picks just goes into free agency so can get hired by a top team? It never happens, there are laws to prevent it so they can force a fake "parity"

I'm sure the difference in earnings between being a first round draft and a free agent are enormous, and given that there's no guarantee of succeeding as a professional no matter where your picked, it's hard to turn down that money for a marginally better chance to be on a winning team.

>rookie
>DEMANDING a trade or sit out the draft

Nah man, they're just more excited about finally making some money after not getting paid in college (another problem).

See? That's a law to prevent good players going to good teams

In a real free market the team should be allowed to offer the amount of money they want to players

>every year Super Bowl champion is either the giants, jets, or cowboys,

Why not make it an actual lottery though? Sure the winning team may get a first draft pick once in a while, but it could get rid of the tanking mindset.

I don't know how the rules work, but I'm guessing that if you go as a free agent, teams will pay you much less. If you're going free agency to get a better team, there's only a few teams your interested in. Less demand = less wages, nobody's paying you $30 mil as a free agent. Your bargaining power will seriously drop as a rookie who thinks he's too good for the draft.

It'll get rigged.

Because it'd be also unfair, if you add luck to the mix you are just punishing he successful one

Rookies don't make much money either, if you were smart you should know playing for a title contender team is better for your career and the long term than getting stuck in some shitty team just because they pay to keep you there, see Giannis, he'll be playing 7 years for the Bucks until his contract runs out

You can't have both draft and no relegation and expect the system not to be fucked up. Once you add relegation to the mix, teams will stop wanting to tank the season.

Americans think having that forced parity makes games more exciting, and it's quite the opposite

You should watch teams like Lakers last season during their last 20 games, they were literally losing on purpose just to get a high pick

In leagues with relegations all games are interesting and meaningful, if they aren't playing for the title/playoff spot they are fighting to avoid relegation

They get a full ride through college. they're paid

And as for demanding a trade, it's only happened twice but it has happened. The rookie needs to be touted as the second coming like Elway and Eli were though

I'm using the NFL as my example, as its the only league with a draft I watch, but there's really no such thing as a winning team at least in the NFL. The Patriots are an anomaly, and their dynasty is going to fade soon. Playoff teams this year like the Jaguars and Rams were fucking terrible just last year, and they've completely turned it around. There's no way a great rookie can force his way into a team, and guarantee that team be a success. That rookie also would need to play a position that this great team has a need for, and be good enough to make the first team in that position. If you play a less glamorous position, you're even less likely to be able to make such a powerful impression. There's way too much that can go wrong for the rookie in this scenario.

Well, the NFL is probably more fair because they only play like 15 or 16 regular season games per season, you can't lose many of them on purpose, in long seasons like basketball, trust me, they do lose on purpose when they know they can't reach the playoffs

Being a star on a shit team here means you're guaranteed leeway with your contract negotiations plus you'll earn millions more in local sponsorship deals and probably be the face of the franchise Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders for example.

Compared to being on a winning team where your efforts are less likely to stand out unless you're the second coming like Brady

There should be a loserbowl for picks.

Do American athletes really care more about money than winning titles? If the answer is yes then there is no more reasons to continue this argument, you just have the shitty league you deserve

Players like Ginobili prefered to stay at Spurs and be title contenders than move to a shitty team that doesn't even make it to the playoffs and be the star and make big money

Only a nigga who was hungry as a kid would care that much about money lmao

Why do retards bring up the free market when talking about the rules and procedures of a PRIVATE league?

>30 teams in the league
>16 make it to the playoffs
>14 play a new league while the top teams are playing playoffs
>the result of that mini-league is the picks order for the top 14 picks, the rest go to lottery
Makes more sense than the actual system

Rookie athletes want money and care less about titles. Titles don't pay the bills, money does. Now when an athlete is older and had money, he might start to ring chase so he can secure a legacy. Randy Moss joined the Patriots to ring chase for example

>play each team twice home and away
62 Games right there

So remaining 20 can be an exhibition playing for draft position while the big boys go title hunting?

Yea, because that communications major or africana studies is gonna be really useful in life. You can't do shit like STEM and be a good football player. You have to choose a worthless degree.

Football is too hard on the body to waste time on a loser league to determine who picks first

My error is trying to compare it to football where there aren't salary caps

Here the ambitions are different, of course money is important, but in football you usually make more money in the title contender teams, so winning titles and money go together

Why would you need to play so many games, just by playing twice against each team is enough

why is john terry biting a monkey's chin?

no league outside of north america or europe matters

Entirely the fault of the student and there are non stem degrees you can earn that still have good career prospects like accounting and business. Not to mention you can go to law school or medical school. Lions players Jake Rudock and Zach Zenner intern at ford hospital off season to get ready for medical school

At least 80% European leagues are like that

England has 12 leagues alone and only the first division is full of private owned teams

testing it to see if it’ll make for good sopa de macaco

>player is only going to college to play football
>does not care about degrees or school
>drops out to go play football
>W-we pay them with degrees though!
You sound like a Jew trying to argue why we need to pay Israel billions of dollars every year.

>bill gates and Oprah split buying the browns as an act of goodwill
>pay $1B to arrange a super team
>ruin the sport until they get bored

I like this system

>Easting raw macaco
You amerifats are truly subhuman.

Tanking isn't a problem in American sports. Your mistake is that you're looking at the NBA which is an absolutely shit league for a multitude of different reasons including tanking. Only a few games a year actually matter in the NBA which is why it's fanbase is full of nothing but casual, front-running fans.
I say this as someone who played basketball my entire life and is still a huge fan of the sport.

That's how we tenderize them.

Think of it like Kobr beef.

Queixo de macado. Uma delícia.

You're the retard making excuses. The school makes an offer and the player can accept or fuck off. He gets free food and board and an education that many pay thousands of dollars for. If the retard thinks he's going to be a hotshot in the NFL, even though the odds are against him because only the top 2% go pro, and he fucks off on his opportunity then it's entirely his fault. You're a fucking idiot for trying to spin it any other way

UMA