The United Kingdom Can't use the EU single market anymore?

Do British people still have the freedom to work, live in the EU? And will they belong to the EU single market?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.nl/article-50-deadline-2017-7/?international=true&r=UK).
theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/13/brexit-talks-to-start-next-week).
youtube.com/watch?v=RvsI9DPoOfE
ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/table_-_citizens_rights.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=J9Ce8mx2nCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brexit won't be a thing until 2019, so until then Britain is bound to all laws of the EU and all its citizens still have all EU citizen rights. What happens after that is currently being "discussed" by the representatives of Britain and the EU. I say "discussed" because Barnier, representative of the EU, stated that he only hears "the clock ticking" (businessinsider.nl/article-50-deadline-2017-7/?international=true&r=UK). The article I linked to explains why he said this: he knows that once the time is up, Britain will be booted deal or no deal. As long as Britain keeps proposing things he doesn't like, he crosses his arms and stalls for time.

So it's very insecure. It's possible that Britain never leaves the EU at all. Macron recently said that the door is always open for Britain to change its mind (theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/13/brexit-talks-to-start-next-week). That's a pretty shocking statement when you think about it: there was a referendum in which the people of Britain showed that they want Britain to leave the EU, and yet Macron tells their government that if they want to get out of this mess they can always opt to do so. Which they technically can, because I think that due to parliamentary sovereignity parliament CAN opt to ignore referenda. It'd be political suicide but it's an option.

That said, it can really go any way now and nobody knows for sure.

No

What also limits Britains ability to negotiate is that due to the disaster of Theresa May's requested election, the Conservatives now have to share power with another smaller party to gain a majority in parliament. If I'm not mistaken the conservatives want to push for a Hard Brexit (Britain leaves, end of story) while this smaller party wants a Soft Brexit (Britain leaves, but retains some deals with the EU. The Norway option more or less). So now Theresa May's negotiations have to do a delicate balancing act between Hard Brexit and Soft Brexit. If you want to make things even more complicated: prior to the elections Theresa May was a Remain activist.

You're right but the small party have very little influence in the negotiations, literally all they care about is the Irish border

yea they do, apart from this butthurt nigel

>Hungary
>Your population is actually going hungry
Jej

Stop bullying Theresa May!

>this pic
>everyone is looking away
>literally what is going to happen with Britain
pottery!!

Thanks a lot mate. I wish I had the English ability like you do desu.

Do people in Britain support the Brexit? Well.. for foreigner's perspective, the freedom of moving and working seems really big.

>Do people in Britain support the Brexit?
51% of the people who voted did.That is why brexit happened in the first place.

How on earth will UK benefit from Brexit if they're going to be part of EEC?

Having free trade agreement with EU means UK will have to conform to EU standards, which in return means UK will have to accept whatever bullshit ruling EU wishes to implement without actually having a word in the negotiations itself because they won't be a EU country.
Same as Norway and Switzerland. Literally worst of both worlds.

Imagine anyone from Thailand, Philippines or Cambodia being able to move to Korea work or no work, whether they know the language or not and there's nothing you can do about it.
Still sound great?

>Having free trade agreement with EU means UK will have to conform to EU standards, which in return means UK will have to accept whatever bullshit ruling EU wishes to implement without actually having a word in the negotiations itself because they won't be a EU country.
Also, they have to deal with the Cassis de Dijon standards while other countries do not.
A tl;dr of the Cassis de Dijon case: the French wanted to export a certain wine to Germany, but the Germans refused because they claimed this wine didn't have the appropriate alcohol content. the ECJ judged that being in the EU means somewhat mutually acceptance of standards. This means the French can export their wine to Germany and the Germans must allow it on the market, even if according to their national standards the alcohol content is too low. Basically "If it's good enough for France, it's good enough for Germany". But the opposite also applies: "If it's good enough for Germany, it's good enough for France".

Now let's reverse the case to be about France and post-Brexit Britain. If France exports Cassis de Dijon to Britain, and according to British legal standards it's not allowed on the market because its alcohol content is too low, the British are forced to accept this on their market anyway. Conversely if the British want to export Whisky to France and French national legal standards claim that the alcohol content in British Whisky is too high, the French are free to refuse these products access to their market. Because Britain isn't an EU country, therefore France isn't forced to mutually accept British legal standards.

In other words, the British are forced to accept all French goods that are in conformance with French law, yet the French can reject British goods based on their own national standards.

I have never been to the UK So I only have heard of the immigrant problem on the media. Is it that serious?

imagine if you are a neet chav who see thailanders work their ass off with actual girlfriends, youd be mad too

This, pretty much.
Except I think the chance of them staying is overstated.
Too much pride on the line.

>work their ass off
That's an odd way of saying loot, steal and plunder

>pakis hurt my fee fee so im gona get mad at EE ppl because i think i can get rid of them

The U.K. isn't in Schengen you retard

fpbp

Shengen is a common customs zone, ie. the border between the Shengen countries and the non-Shengen countries. This does not relate to the EU's freedom of movement, where Italians (those horrible, horrible Italians!!!) can move to Britain and remain their for at least 3 months without income, and indefinitely as long as they aren't welfare dependent for the first 5 years of their stay (unless they're students, they get an exception).

>this makes a difference to freedom of movement
Refrain from arguing about things you don't understand

>Refrain from arguing about things you don't understand
(You) mean like yourself, you dumb leaver retard?

I didn't vote leave you melt

why do americans go berserk so fast

I'm not myself before my morning shooting

Remember who you're talking to, boys.

youtube.com/watch?v=RvsI9DPoOfE

>the UK's second top question
Wasn't it only googled like 6000 times or so though? "Second top UK question" sounds impressive until you get to the actual numbers. The retarded idea is to show that Leave voters had no idea what they were voting for, which is false.

>he crosses his arms and stalls for time
The UK and EU specifically agreed to the negotiation schedule, albeit the Uk only agreed with the intent of pushing to change it as talks progressed.
But the points of contention on citizens rights are laid out plainly by the commission:
ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/table_-_citizens_rights.pdf
As for financial arrangements for the budget cycle, the british have refused to discuss it at each of the five meetings. Only mentioning it at a summit and in florence.

You're welcome to join us as a 51st state, as it should rightfully be.

We'll even give you representation in our government :^)

They'll leave and good riddance to bad rubbish for that.

I only wish they'd done it sooner.The EU could've been light years ahead if it wasn't for their meddling.

Seriously I'm not an English hater, on the contrary I have always been an anglophile.

But the way they handle the Brexit thing just pissed me off so much. Their arrogance on this subject is almost unlimited.

Especially their negotiator : David Davis, openly admitting he is manipulating EU negotiators, and acting like he is so superior. All this with a smugish smile

>old fart larping as they still have an empire

the polish dildo theyll be taking will cause fissures

>sent their trade team to the US with no economic data or trade prospect reports

youtube.com/watch?v=J9Ce8mx2nCQ

>The EU could've been light years ahead if it wasn't for their meddling.

The UK constantly got outvoted on matters, we can't block anything on our own.

The point is the UK hasn't held the EU back, they continue their march for more Europe and more integration with or without us.

The council rarely puts anything to a vote unless its believe it will pass. The number of votes is low compared to the tops up for consideration.

With the areas requiring unanimity those votes never see the light of day if any indicates they'll vote against, so being outvoted doesn't cover much

>delete comment
>get reply
>lose a (you)
Damn it

>the eu commission is made up of people who are unelected and of people who have actually lost elections in their home country

BAHAHAHA

The EU is disgusting and filled with cronies.

Davis is british smugness in human form, I remember watching him and a bunch of other people take part of the wargame equivalent of negotiations of the then potential, but unlikely, brexit.
Feels so good now he has to show what he's got for real. I'm just sad that he'll quit after the exit rather than take part of the post leave negotiations.

>tfw brits have to negotiate a trade agreement taking 27 countries individual wants and red lines into account

there are countries who would benefit by UK agri-food being limited by quota particularly in the east

EU fucking sucks anyways

EU is fine, it helps prevent super powers from unduly influencing states while combining their weight to help cohesion and peace, per its founding goals