Say what you will about LOST but you can't deny that it has a GOAT-tier soundtrack

Say what you will about LOST but you can't deny that it has a GOAT-tier soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=J5wOHIi7xCU

youtube.com/watch?v=twHXrNtG-7c

youtube.com/watch?v=NT_TOcgCjK4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rh4auhWLDE0?t=205
youtube.com/watch?v=8cvkHv-pO6M
youtube.com/watch?v=0sgN3zHi6P0
youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0OtK7wR-c
youtube.com/watch?v=XFrYMO0jhGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Michael Giaccino is the only one in the entire show that consistenly put effort until the end

dont do this to me user ;_;

>it has been longer since the show ended than the time the show was in production

I remember watching the show for so many years. The show was representative of its era. Time is funny.

>tfw watched all of it alone
>missed all of the Sup Forums discussion and threads

Say whatever you want about LOST but it was a ride unlike any other.

>tfw hearing the freighter theme for the first time

We need to go back.

post your lostfu

I'm glad she got shot the useless whore

delet this now!

>tfw there has been nothing like it since
>tfw I want to rewatch it but I know it just won't be the same
>tfw 3:25

youtu.be/Rh4auhWLDE0?t=205

WE NEED TO GO BACK

>tfw never rewatched a single episode
>tfw as every year passes I forget more and more
>tfw one day I'll be ready for a pure watchthrough
Just biding my time...

>implying a normal human heart can take that feel overload

Playing with fire, user.

There really hasn't been anything like it since, there has been a lot of rip-offs but nothing comes close to so many good characters and such an intricate mythology the fan base wants goes full autism over to deconstruct. Maybe Westworld has a similar feel but only on some levels.

>tfw it represented the era filled with optimism for the new millennium where outlooks were good
>mfw today

Where did the world go so wrong?

Shit user
Tfw> just one more episode
Tfw> its actuly a masterpiece but the ending ruined it so hard
Ttw>if you havent watch lost go watch it and stop at season3 ending when he says we have to go back that would have been the perfect ending

>tfw nobody to re-watch it with
>tfw nobody I know has seen it
>tfw no image on my PC for this feel

I'll have to start doing cardio to strengthen my heart in preparation.

heres a feel user

We need a Sup Forums stream

time gas

If we do it, it should be 1 episode a week or 2 max, no more. Having it a weekly or bi-weekly event is a lot better than having it every day or giant marathons of 12 hours a day.

Also a time is hard to determine, there is a shift of 7-8 hours between Europe and Murrika. A lot of streams assume you're going to be up at 2am which most won't be, especially older people who were around for LOST airing who are likely working nowadays. Best I can think is 23 GMT which still makes it 15-17 in Murrika, which is far from ideal. It's either that or having two streams, one for Europe and one for Murrika, question is if enough people would be up for it, and I doubt we'd get a sticky.

>tfw pretty much forgotten most of the plot enough that re-watching it might be actually interesting/entertaining

>forget LOST's plot
get LOST

Life & Death is fucking GOAT.

Ah, Giacchino. He gave us the music of Lost, then he gave us the score to the 2009 Star Trek film... then he never composed anything good ever again.

Set it up user. You can use synchtube. Just download a torrent, obviously make sure you own the box set first or else it's illegal.

t.FBI

> The same sad song plays every time something emotional happens.

Lostfags are the worst.

I think he scored Up.

I don't really the score to that film. Not saying it wasn't good, just wasn't memorable to me, I guess.

why doesn't tv care about music. lost's ost is right up there with the best movies.

>tfw this series gets remade in 20 years with shit writing, music and characters
>tfw you will never go back

Found the pleb. It usually depended on the character

Each character has a theme. Different parts of the Island has different. Some themes overlap with other themes. Some themes evolve and turn into other themes depending on what the plot is.

This is one of the things LOST did right in terms of production.
Of Mice and Ben illustrates this perfectly
youtube.com/watch?v=8cvkHv-pO6M

Only plebs don't, user.

So what did this end up being?

youtube.com/watch?v=0sgN3zHi6P0

i watched LOST with my parents but at the time i was a child, now i'm watching it again on netflix and i'm currently on S4

this show is so good, it describes the 2000 so well, i don't know why...

>Michael Giaccino
>effort
youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0OtK7wR-c

youtube.com/watch?v=XFrYMO0jhGs

LOST was THE feels show, nothing has ever come close.

I miss watching LOST with you faggots.

She's mine, no one else can have her!

The Leftovers is as feelsy as Lost.

>Don't tell me what I can't do

Say what you will about LOST, but you can't deny it had GOAT tier mysteries.

Season 1 had everyone talking about the monster and the hatch.

Season 2 had everyone talking about the button and the others.

In fact, I dare say the button was the biggest tv mystery ever. Every time the counter got close to zero was an absolute holy shit moment.

Is there anything like that on tv today? Something in a series that everyone is talking about, and having thousands of theories about?

westworld is the closest, but was severely disappointing

the popular shows are poorly written garbage like game of thrones or netflix crap

Yeah it was sci-fi mystery for the first two, somewhat three seasons.

>not even finding out what the counter did until four seasons later

Like got the closest but still it's like comparing an anthill to the Everest.

There's Riverdale, on the hit network The CW, the station that has all the current high quality TV shows! Jughead and Betty best s-ship of 2017!

Will there ever be another show like lost? Excellent characters, fantastic mystery elements, awesome setting / sets, all of the intrigue, excellent story (fuck the haters), long, 20+ episode seasons in a 60 minute show, great soundtrack, sci-fi elements, the cult following, the rabid fanbase theorizing every intricate detail... all that hype between seasons / episodes. Nothing can ever replace it. Nothing.

No other show has come close to replicating what LOST had. It was truly a special show...

I think you know the answer to that just as well as me.

I know...

Even the good shows on tv these days all feel the same, nothing is special anymore, nothing like LOST. It's hard to even describe what it had that other shows just lack. Everything today is so formulaic.

LOST truly is the GOAT tv series.

>comparing shitworld to lost
honestly kill yourself fucking shithead pleb

I dropped Westworld after four episodes. It just couldn't keep me engaged, and there was nothing that made me want to come back for more.

Fucking hell guys it was alright but really not that amazing. Its called growing up, it was special to you because you had not seen anything like it. Now you have grown up and all the new shows feel the same.

But there are people like you who will, in 7 years, make this same thread about GOT or Breaking Bad and say "everything now is boring" "where are my special characters".

>I wish you had believed me

I think he was just trying to draw a comparison between the two shows, since Westworld is a strong character-driven drama with mystery elements. I don't know, comparing the two is stupid at this point anyways, let's see how Westworld plays out first.

Westworld is alright, but I am no where near absorbed into its story compared to LOST. Between LOST seasons I would binge the episodes, engage in discussion and theorize shit on lostpedia or Sup Forums, and in general be hype as fuck for the next season.

Westworld is just not the same show, I liked it and enjoyed watching it while it was on, but there's just nothing to discuss in the off season, nor do I have a desire to rewatch the show as I feel like I already saw everything I needed to see once. It's just not intriguing enough for a second viewing yet.

All that said, Westworld is not a bad show, and you should at least watch the whole thing.

I disagree completely. LOST was a groundbreaking show for its time, it did so many things that other network tv shows just didn't do back when it was airing and set the bar pretty high.

Breaking Bad is a great show, and I feel like it will go down in time as one of the all time greats (despite what contrarians here will have you believe), and I would say the same for GoT too, but LOST has this atmosphere that both of the above just can't compare to. It's really the characters and their stories, and how interconnected everything was with the flashbacks / flash forwards / flash sideways that make them special, as well as the extremely strong mystery elements / lore of the Island.

L O S T fags really are the worst kind of fan.

Not really the same but I think BSG had a lot of similar elements. There were some mysteries although shit ultimate resolution. The characterization was top fucking notch and some of the best I have ever seen. Better CGI too.

>All that said, Westworld is not a bad show, and you should at least watch the whole thing.

I will give it a new chance. Just haven't had the right motivation. Maybe I'll do it right before season 2.

Oh I love BSG too, that and LOST are probably my two favorite shows of all time.

That said, while I've rewatched LOST a few times and forgiven / grown to like the finale, I can't say the same for BSG. My hatred for that finale, aside from a few select parts of it (like Roslin / Adama) is still seething.

Leftovers and True Detective S1 feel very close yeah

Yeah they're probably my favorite story-centric shows as well. BSG was such a great ride, especially with Sup Forums.

I forget the plot of pretty much anything I watch within a few days tops. If I binge a whole season of something at once, I pretty much can't remember anything prior to the previous episode.

tfw to stupid for TV

How long until networks decide that they want monies and make a LOST spinoff?

Too long.

It's worth watching at least once, if you go in with low expectations you will be pleasantly surprised. The problem I had with the show is the mysteries are really easy to figure out, as the show gives a lot of clues towards the answers, and the season itself answered most of the most glaring questions that were raised during it. That's both a good and bad thing though I guess. Good in that it at least answers shit (though most people think LOST left too many loose ends, it really didn't, the answers just weren't satisfactory), bad in that it means less discussion.