Now that the claws have settled, how do you rate the Japanese Wolverine movie?

Now that the claws have settled, how do you rate the Japanese Wolverine movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3U-btSA8YQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i watched the logan movie today and from what i can remember of pic related it does not even come close
logan is meh compared to it

Trash yellow fever bait, awful writing.

either a 6/10 or a 7/10 depending on whether you watched the unrated version

It was good except maybe the ending

>either a 6/10 or a 7/10 depending on whether you watched the unrated version
what version am I watching? there is a lot of blood squirts so I guess it's the unrated version.

First time watching this and is the white woman the reason Logan becomes mortal like he is in Logan?

>It's a character must travel to an Asian continent
What are other movies that do this?

It sure was better than the pretentious shit that is Logan
>b-but muh emotions
Fuck off, it was bland and boring, the villains were shit and the ending was even worse

>Fuck off, it was bland and boring, the villains were shit and the ending was even worse
I liked Logan's ultra violence although I did feel there needed to be some more emotion. I didn't cry as apparently some did.

I did want a fight scene with the Albert Wesker guy and Logan instead of him being killed by the kids.

Movie felt like it was a little short. I wanted more Logan and Laura scenes to show that they cared for each other before the end otherwise I still enjoyed it.

>10/10
>9/10
>8/10
1. Logan (Mangold, 2017)
2. X2 (Singer, 2003)
>7/10
3. Deadpool (Miller, 2016)
4. X-Men (Singer, 2000)
5. X-Men: First Class (Vaughn, 2011)
6. X-Men: Apocalypse (Singer, 2016)
>6/10
7. X-Men: Days of Future Past (Singer, 2014)
>5/10
>4/10
8. The Wolverine (Mangold, 2013)
>3/10
9. X-Men: The Last Stand (Ratner, 2006)
>2/10
10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Hood, 2009)
>1/10
>0/10

How is Apocalypse higher than Days in your rating?

Great until the third act

ok so.. question time.

if you heat two pieces of metal and bang them against each other, which one will deform?

i still mad logans claws got sliced off..

The worst marvel film to date, even fantastic four was better

Underrated

Days of Future Past felt like a three-hour self-fellation.
It had some solid scenes, but nothing actually happened the future timeline. Every time we cut back it was just to watch random new mutants we don't give a shit about die (except for Storm).
Iceman waited right til the end, and I thought we were finally about to get some awesomeness, and then it literally just cuts from him approaching the sentinels back to 1973 back to him getting ripped literally limb from limb.

Also, the whole point of it was to fix plot-holes and it fucked up more than it fixed. The end with Magneto and Mystique and Xavier all taking turns to talk each other down was bloody stupid. It's like they couldn't decide what deep and meaningful discussion they wanted to go with so they just threw them all in. The JFK stuff was pointless and bizarre to include; either go into it or don't, don't just randomly say that he was a mutant and then drop that plot-point entirely.

Speaking of dropping things entirely, bye Quicksilver. Your scene was the best part of the film and you'd probably be helpful in stopping that mutant we all need to stop but you're just too overpowered for our writers to be bothered figuring out what to do with you.

Apocalypse wasn't great, but it at least tried to bring everyone together and recapture the feeling of the original film. It took Quicksilver's scene from DoFP, the best part of that movie, and gave us an even better one with the mansion. The physical fight between Apocalypse and McAvoy inside his mind was awesome (though once Jean joined in it lost its charm). The first scene in Egypt is also awesome.
Also, the opening titles were GOAT.
youtube.com/watch?v=3U-btSA8YQc

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Apocalypse is much better, I have DoFP right after it. I just would choose it over DoFP, that's all.

It's good. The robot samurai shit at the end was shit. I actually wish it wasn't a Wolverine movie and was a full blown 70s style crime kino. Jackman should do more of that shit as he ages.

i dont know because in one of the other x-men movies charles dies aswell so they might all be from different timeline stories
im not into comics but i think i remember something about alterate timelines

It's the X-Men 1/First Class of the Wolverine trilogy. The third act kind of ruined it.

Also I watched it without subtitles and for some reason all the X-Men movies after X3 have multiple scenes in foreignish in it. Why is that? Sometimes german, sometimes japanese, sometimes spanish, even russian.

It went to complete shit in the last third. You can taste how the studio demanded a superhero movie ending. Also they cut off three of his claws and it never paid off in any other movies.