I'm 10 minutes in and what is this?

I'm 10 minutes in and what is this?

Is it just a bunch of historic meme images I'm supposed to actively interpret or already know about?

Why the praise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gdzlVpJnfdk
google.com/#q="I bet if I climbed to your BMI and jumped to the number of times of been laid, I'd be pulverized"&*
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretentious dumbfucks love having something to wank over. The more obtuse the movie is, the better.

>entire board spouts "kino" all fucking day
>show them something that's actually legitimately kino
>they get confused, piss themselves and shit their pants full of spaghetti
>WHAT DO I DO
>I DON'T GET IT
>IT'S OVERRATED ANYWAY

Bunch of fucking baboons.

It's a pleb filter. You and this retard have been filtered. Stick to capeshit.

My favorite part of this is towards the end, when they're on the mountain top and cut away and you can see the camera crew filming them up on the wooden towers. Meta as fuck. I burst out laughing the first time I saw it.

Intelligence is a con to keep the alphas down. Die Hard is a smarter movie than any of this masturbatory intellectual shit will ever be. It is also better for society.

Color of Pomegranates is better
youtube.com/watch?v=gdzlVpJnfdk

Cultural marxism. Don't get me wrong, the movie is good but fuck the hippies.

>color of memes
ashiggy keribi

It's pretty much constant shoved symbolism, the lowest artistic tool there is.

The only redeeming factor are the visuals.

>The romans and priests put the Jesus-looking man in a resin
>He comes out white

They missed the trick, they should have used a black/Arabic actor before that, then changed to a white actor once he came out. Would have emphasized the point of the scene much better.

More reasons why this isn't actually a good film.

You are excrement but you can change yourself into gold

Just enjoy the experience mang

Yeah but the symbolism is so blatant and exaggerated and non-stop that you can't help but appreciate it.

DUDE A WASTE OF TIME LMAO

Is this post kino?

Did you just watch this you little shit?

I like the cut of your jib
The bees of your knees

>He can't watch a movie without playing with his phone 10 minutes in

Maybe watch more than 10 minutes, you ADD child.

People like you don't deserve movies.

You have to keep in mind that Sup Forums collectively has an IQ below like 95.

At least threads like these out the braindead retards. Shame you can't filter them anonymously.

IM ONLY BEING A RETARD IRONICALLY

Who are you talking to?

Stop replying to my posts.

this

Stop.

*tips*

They dont know harry potter is kino what do you expect?

>this thread
I don't even know if you're all trying to be this pretentious, or it's just a force of Sup Forums habit.

Suck my dick, all of you. I am certain I understand each concept being presented more than you all; and I am saying this unironically.

Is the only right answer

Maybe you'll become a meme op

>Harry Potter
>Kino

Stop while your ahead, kid.

Is it just a bunch of historic meme images I'm supposed to actively interpret or already know about?

Yes. And it's satire of you anything from capitalism to war. Some of it is hard to interpret and a bit "up in the air", but other shit you should just get, like that the lizard symbolise the invasion of mexico. Also when watching "film history"/art movies like this you should prepare yourself a bit, it helps to know that Jodorowsky is/was part of Avant-garde
and is way in to surrealism for instance

i dont really dig it myself, but can appreciate what he tried to do and it's place in film history.

However, just turning the movie off 10 minutes and asking Sup Forums for help is just a disaster and you should go back to your capekino and watching occasional old, but super accessible thrillers that make you seem smart, like fargo or psycho. Some movies should be a bit hard to watch.

you should seriously just give up, i was a screening of this recently and even" normies" like it. The blondest bimbo in our gang at least got some of the main themes that are thrown in there

Well not more than me, certainly, but tge others maybe.

It's just that the overuse of symbolism is bad for an artist and makes his work ironically even simpler and more finite.

Mods! This man is clearly still responding to my posts.

This, if somone says they like it then they have shit taste

Did I trigger the pleb who tips himself caring about others and whom can't identify kino? They are more kino than your top 25.

>S-top making fun of muh deep movie REEEEE

I bet if I climbed to your BMI and jumped to the number of times of been laid, I'd be pulverized, you fat virgin.

You were proud enough of this to post it in two different threads?
Sad!

>He doesn't copy paste for maximum effectiveness in shit posting.

Damn, you really are stupid.

google.com/#q="I bet if I climbed to your BMI and jumped to the number of times of been laid, I'd be pulverized"&*

You're trying pretty hard there buddy

It's supposed to be deep, but it's so obtuse and on the nose that it falls way short.
Child's first non capeshit film. Popular with 15 year olds

A-user, you okay buddy?

Just this It's a mixture of abstract images and some not so abstract images, more like symbols, that express the director's opinions on some matters.

I hear the remake will have a lesbian lead.

Holy Mountain has a pretty straightforward plot, though. Dude climbs up a tower, meets people who tell stories of themselves and then they all go climb a mountain. Even if you're too braindead to derive anything from the narrative, there's that to follow.

>simpler and more finite
have you seen the holy mountain?

I don't disagree with you, but what are some higher artistic tools?

you know
Action, cool characters, quipping, wish fulfillment, foreshadowing later movies

stuff like that

you literally made a Sup Forums thread 10 minutes into a movie
you have the attention span of a child, and you're probably an idiot too
your opinion is of little to no worth

To clear things up for you, here's a quote about symbolism from Tarkovsky himself:

>"I am an enemy of symbols. Symbol is too narrow a concept for me in the sense that symbols exist in order to be deciphered. An artistic image on the other hand is not to be deciphered, it is an equivalent of the world around us. Rain in Solaris is not a symbol, it is only rain which at certain moment has particular significance to the hero. But it does not symbolise anything. It only expresses. This rain is an artistic image. People always try to find "hidden" meanings in my films. But wouldn't it be strange to make a film while striving to hide one's thoughts? An image cannot be a symbol in my opinion. Whenever an image is turned into a symbol, the thought becomes walled in so to speak, it can be fully deciphered. A symbol contains within itself a definite meaning. An image — as opposed to a symbol — is indefinite in meaning. One cannot speak of the infinite world by applying tools that are definite and finite"

Film is a visual medium, not everything has to revolve around the plot. The point of arthouse films is focusing on things other then a straight forward story like mainstream movies do. I don't know why that's so hard for people to comprehend.

Literally how dare you pause this movie to post to Sup Forums. You already failed in viewing it, just start over when you are ready.

I'm not even saying it's an amazing film, but you are going to get absolutely NOTHING out of it if you are thinking about your post on Sup Forums about it the whole time. Just watch it and shut up or kill yourself.

>is the kind of vermin who can only watch 10 minutes of a film before going on his favorite social media site to (shit)post
Kill yourself

>I'm 10 minutes in
>Why the praise

Never, and I mean never should an user have killed himself more than OP.

Welcome to the modern age my friend. No lack of knowledge will prevent this generation from having an opinion about literally everything. It's the poisonous combination of everyone pretending they're celebrities by broadcasting their little lives to the masses, being asked to share their opinion everywhere constantly, and getting bombarded by tiny snippets of information from twitter and social media.

We're becoming a world of vacuous braindead cunts. When future generations look back, they will be able to read everything we've created and it will be the greatest cringe of all time.

Not everything is about race, why are Americans so obsessed with subsaharan africans?

>soviet filmmaker's opinion is law
maybe you don't personally enjoy the stuff but It's not "a lower art form"
this does bring up an interesting point of Russian vs French art

because it's discussed everywhere, all the time and constantly gets shoved down our throats with racially motivated holidays, reading curriculum in school, and politicians

Is it because we have too much knowledge accessible to us? Like we have become jacks of all trades but masters of none? Did people used to have more specialized knowledge? They must have right?

>why are Americans so obsessed with subsaharan africans?

It's perpetuated in everything we see and hear.

>the symbolism is so blatant
Most of the tarot imagery goes over peoples heads. Its literally the fools journey through the trumps.

Watching 10 minutes into a movie isn't too much knowledge to form an opinion about it, it's too little.

I would even say what he said there is an objective fact.

If you use symbolism to a great extent in your films, then every single shot has a universal singular answer which everyone should "get" and once you get it there is nothing more to it.
That's one of the reasons why Snyder is a hack for example. Once you "get" that Superman is Jesus that's it, you don't even have to watch it ever again, no analysis or additional interpretations needed.

>Snyder is a hack
Stay mad, marvelfag

>implying the holy mountain is kino

It is edgelord shit. If you weren't a millennial you'd know that.

It's a pretty looking satire with some mysticism and scifi.
A lot of people don't get it mocks pretencious movies and psycadellics

>edgelord
Why does it trigger faggots like you exactly?

Edgelord means they are doing it for triggering purposes, nothing more. It is shallow. Are you not up on old maymays?

To be fair, most people don't know what the word kino actually means.

Doesn't stop the mass of retards using it to oversaturation

That projection holy moly you fat man lololol and a virgin lol

Dont mind me just posting real kino

real 144p VHS count-the-pixels kino

Just finished.

I'm four times as enlightened as I was before.

Hope you had a good time, it was very kino.

That's why the Holy mountain is so good
because it's so dense and every scene has so much to unpack
You can watch the movie so many times and still catch new stuff

Because they've been told Africans are subhuman for 300 years so the poors would be divided by race. They've never recovered since

If you think the whole point of the movie was just to trigger other people, then I highly suspect something in it triggered you and you just couldn't enjoy it afterwards

>I'm 10 minutes in and what is this?
The work of a man who had more money than he needed. Bloated mess that's full of hot air. It's a shame because his previous film was so good.

I got meemed into watching this years ago and was pretty disappointed. The movie suffers from being too tethered to the period it was made (early 1970s). A lot of the themes and symbolism are mired in this timeframe, like the sacrilegious Christian imagery which was deliberately employed for shock value but falls flat and rings banal today. There's also too much hamfisted sexual taboo strewn around, which cheapens the philosophical questions at the same time the movie brings them up.

>sexual taboo
>cheapens the philosophical questions
Sounds like you're a pleb and a prude user

I watched the first 10 minutes of this while typing a post on reddit about how overrated it is. Why do people watch this meme shit? Nothing happens the whole movie.

>obtuse and on the nose

You don't know the meaning of the words you're typing

>all those butthurt r*dditors ITT falling for obvious bait

Lizard conquista scene is KINO

>haha it's bait guys, fucking dumb redditors lolol

Don't know why IQ tests exist when you can just judge someone by how many films they deem "pretentious". "Pretentious" is low IQ slang for "I no understand.. hurr huh????", so naturally the more films are above your mind level the duller you are.

I've had enough of this shit.
What the fuck is a reddit?
And where's my soup?

RAPING FRANK HERBERT
WITH LOVE

You should always rape the people you love, with love.

How would a 15 year old catch all the meaning in the symbolism?

The ignorance of the audience doesn't change the fact that the symbolism is very prominent.

Seems I hit deep? Of course a fedora-tipper such as yourself would get offended easily.

*tips at an extreme speed*

Point and case.

Wow he's fast!

Then explain it to us.

*tips into the fifth dimension*
*Spaghetti flies out of fedora and cheeto dust fingers fly at astral keyboards at the speed of light