It only took 4 years to become a broken system

>It only took 4 years to become a broken system

Lol bama wins again
How do we fix it

Bama Loses to Auburn Finishes with 12-2 Record

UFC goes undefeated and beats the Auburn team that beat Bama in the peach bowl finishes the season 14-0

Bama Wins "title" anyways because they're a big name that will bring in TV ratings despite being having a clearly worse season.

Somehow you think it's not broken.

It was a half-assed system from the start. The fact that every other league can manage a normal playoff, including the NFL, but the FBS teams can't take time off from their fake degrees and are so overtaxed it's appalling.

I hope the AP ranks UCF #1 just to wave their dicks in the committee's faces.

I just said it was broken retard however UCF did not deserve to be in, just like boise State and Hawaii when they went undefeated against nobodies.

They certainly had a much better claim to be in over Clemson and Bama. Ohio State was also more deserving of being in the final 4. Ohio State and UCF claims are only validated by the events of BCS playoffs

Nah bama proved they deserved to be there by winning. UCF played no one and blowhio state lost to fucking iowa

>reddit spacing

I know everyone can't play a powerhouse like Mercer

Still better than playing Mercer on a weekly basis.

>4 years

tOSU proved it in year 1

Yep, it was rigged from the beginning, first couple of years was just an illusion. SEC spreading their dirty money around behind the scenes as usual.

REEEEEEE GO BACK TO COMPUTERS. I LITERALLY CANNOT EVEN RIGHT NOW. UCF SHOULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER 1 SINCE WEEK 2!!!!!!!!

lol BAMA wins

vs

lol Vettel wins (RBR)

vs

lol Senna Wins (Mclaren Honda)

vs

lol Hamilton wins (Mercedes GP)

vs

lol Patriots wins

Which is the worse monopoly in sports?

Expand it to 8 with a minimum of 1 G5 team. Problem solved.

i still don't understand why anyone agreed to a system that relies on opinion-based ranking for an actual fucking sport

it's football, not interpretive dance or synchronized swimming

For once Hans is right.

>14 aOSU
>15 Bamawinslol
>16 Clemson
>17 Bamawinslol
They meet in the super playoff, who wins? Probably influenced from how players turned out in the nfl but I'm going with aOSU

i hate osu more than most people, but I don't see how any other team can stop zeke
he was a monster in the playoffs

>14 aOSU w/ zeke vs 16 clemson w/ watson in the final

wew lad

I honestly haven't watched a game since they went to playoffs. My favorite part of college football was watching teams lose some random game and knowing that their season was over as a result.

>who are Clemson and Oklahoma

I'm talking about games like Oklahoma losing to Iowa State this year. That shit would have been a season ender right then and there. Same with the Iron bowl.

OSu in 14 was a fucking monster, I thought they'd be a dynasty. The year after it seemed like they weren't motivated

Oklahoma would have been top 2 in this year's rankings

Nope

>UCF
>9
COMPUTERS ARE BIASED

Y'all have a shitty head coach. He falls flat on his face the moment he encounters any kind of real challenge.

Unironically, the Wolfe rankings weighted the fuck out of the natty. UCF was #1 but Alabama somehow jumped 5 spots to barely take #1.

I love Reddit

>finishes with 12-2 record
stopped reading there, maybe actually have some idea before you try to input your cancer opinion

wasn't Wolfe one of the main rankers shitposters have been memeing up? literally cucked

The Society of Ethical Cheaters

This.
For fuck sake, the second half of Division 1 manages to have a legitimate playoff.

Should be done like the NFL.

>Top two Power 5 champs are ranked according to strength of victory and get a bye week
>Nos. 4 and 5 P5 champs play each other
>No. 3 P5 champ plays highest ranked non-P5 conference champ
>No. 1 plays lowest seed remaining, No. 2 plays highest seed remaining.
>Winners play for the natty

What said. Meyer is great simply because he recruits but on the field the dude is stuck in 2007. That 15 OSU team is the most talented team arguably since early 2000s Miami and he shit the bed against Michigan State and people caught up to his shit which is why he's been fairly bad in big games since then.

But you can't win if you don't recruit so you have to keep him for that alone

what if we get two undefeated G5 champs? surely one would say they got snubbed

it should literally be 8 teams with all power 5 champs getting a guaranteed spot and the other 3 spots filled out by the committee and then seeded however they feel like

This.

Everything in college football is subjective. Unless you want the sunbelt champ in.

Then it still wouldn't have applied to Clemson losing to a fucking orange.

You are a massive retard. Any team in the playoffs would have booty blasted UCF and tOSU

I think it’s pretty clear that Georgia and Oklahoma were the best teams in the nation this year. Alabama played dirty and got away with a ton of shit (face masks, unsportsmanlike conduct, a clear legal punt block by ya) and managed to beat Uga. The best game of the season was the rose bowl. UCF definitely got cheated though I agree with that.

Stop letting the SEC choose their own schedule and force them to play actual competition.

>implying anyone outside of /f1/ knows about three of those

it's HWL by far tho

>It only took 4 years to become a broken system

I don't follow college football, beyond the Michigan-Michigan State and Michigan-Ohio games, so what's the problem?

The only thing that was dirty in the championship game was how Bama's backup QB completely dismantled Georgia's D in the second half

He did I’m not disagreeing but Bama’s defense was off the chain with face masks and horse collars in the late 3rd and 4h quarter

no special consideration for Notre Dame, garbage system.

Tua is special, he's not just a backup

8-team playoff
5 P5 champs
2 at large bids and 1 G5 (chosen by AP Poll)
Quarterfinals played on higher seed’s campus
Mandate a common strength of schedule across all FBS conferences (FBS teams and 1 WINNING FCS team only)

Notre Dame can join a conference like everyone else or fuck off

One step further: only FCS teams that played in the natty tournament the year before

>4 years
>literally ever year has had a BCS-style controversy

bama should have to play UCF

no joke

This.

I think we can all agree that getting rappers to do any kind of half time show is a mistake

>people complain sec doesn't play good teams
>they make the playoffs and BTFO the other conference champions
Really makes you think

Even the Giants can beat the patriots twice.

what is amusing is that people DIDN'T expect this playoff system to be ass backwards, despite the fact that literally everything about college football has been ass backwards for 100 years, they used to just give the national championship to teams that didn't deserve it, like it was the heisman or some shit, what do you expect?

the patriots will go back to being irrelevant for 15 years after brady retires and belicheat leaves, as is proven by the drama that is coming out of the organization over trading their future for literally nothing because kraft didn't want to pay the kid to sit on the bench one more year until brady gets a career ending injury.

You can tell just how incompetent kraft is as an owner that he doesn't seem to realize that getting an actual good QB is rare because he has only ever had one. Remind me what the pats did before they got brady, at any time in their history, I'll wait.

Bama had a favorable 1st round match up with Clemson, who was highly overrated also. They would have been beaten by OU if they played them. Hell, OU beat themselves with dumb terrible coaching decisions. They also had an extra week to rest, recuperate, and gameplan, given the fact that they knew if they were selected what seed they'd be at and therefore who they were going to play (either OU or Clemson). If you don't think this is a massive advantage you're retarded.

This. It's retarded to have 5 conferences and only 4 spots in the playoff. Even more fucking retarded when 2 of the spots are given to teams from the same conference. If they don't want to go to 8 then go 6 with one wild card. Seeds 1 & 2 get a bye in the first round. This system is no less subjective than BCS, Bowl Alliance, Poll System, etc. Just because there's a 'playoff' doesn't make it any less full of bullshit.

they take the best 4 teams, not most deserving, conference champions are irreverent.

>conference champions are irreverent.
If that's the case then there's no point in playing them. It's just another opportunity for your key players to get injured before the playoffs.

Also, this is contradictory to what the committee said when they didn't want to put TCU or Baylor in. Back then they said that conference champions would get priority. Then they reversed that 2 years later to let aOSU in and Bama this year. The committee is a bunch of fucking frauds who'll say whatever they have to every year to justify keeping their cash cows in the playoffs. It's all about the money.

this, but i seems they pick the wrong non SEC teams

most of these "ideas" are nothing more than bitter resentment towards success and achievement disguised behind flowery language about "fairness" and whatever else
of course, expanding it will only make it easier for SEC teams to get in, but that's not what they're after, they just want alabama (could just as easily be ohio state) banned so they're throwing up anything and everything, no matter how nonsensical (which is how we ended up with muh playoff in the first place)
i get that people are upset, especially after a magical performance by a freshman QB who figures to keep them in contention for the foreseeable future, but please, spare us the "i'm such a good and fair person" tapdance and just admit you hate them

well they play them for the extra consideration and the TV money.

the SEC hate is stupid because its so obvious people are mad at them being the superior conference. Don't get me wrong, bama usually doesn't play anyone real; unless the conference is strong that particular year.

Still, the reason the SEC sometimes doesn't look good, is because they cannibalize each other, if you put those middle of the road teams like A&M or some shit into another conference, they would be at or near the top, because outside of the SEC the only real power teams are what? Ohio state? People can bitch all they want but the truth is that everyone hates the SEC, because even when it does bad it still has the best programs in the country associated with it, the other conferences only LOOK better when the SEC does badly, they would still get shit on by the SEC, as is proven by bama and georgia yet again

False, or TCU/Baylor would have been in over the awful looking FSU

This is bait, right? If not, see pic related. You're record is worse than the Sun Belt, AAC, MWC, and meme 12.

The SEC is shit. An extremely top-heavy conference dominated by programs who have an easy path to the Playoff and don't have to play a 9-game conference schedule. Take the ESjwPN cock out of your mouth and realize what the rest of /cfg/ realizes--it's a joke conference propped up by media hype and jew gold.

LOL not with the whole coaching staff leaving for Nebraska

The AP cucked UCF and ranked them #6 in the final poll. Le that sink in. The ONLY undefeated team to finish the season finished #6. Burn the whole fucking system down.

yeah its a pretty embarrassing year for the SEC, everyone does well to remind them of that when they don't completely dominate the country because all you faggots can't seem to get over the obvious truth.

its amusing that when you get what you want, the SEC having a down year, you are still obsessed with them.

>its amusing that when you get what you want, the SEC having a down year, you are still obsessed with them.
Can't help it when clueless faggots like yourself come in here spouting your nonsense off all the time. The SEC as a whole is hot garbage. Anyone who knows anything about CFB knows this to be true. SECfags who claim conference superiority doesn't know anything about the actual sport except what they are told by Finebaum and ESPN. They are normies incarnate. The very definition of clueless bandwagoners.

I'm honestly amazed it took em this long to get their 2 teams in.

in bama's last three title years they opened with neutral site games against michigan, wisconsin, and florida state
like i said, just admit you hate success and would prefer nate silver picking national champs every year

>Ohio State should have been in
They're worse than they were in 2017 and Clemson housed them. Imagine a 1-4 tOSU and UGA first round matchup.

The conversation isn't about bama. It's about the SEC as a whole. I already said that the SEC is top-heavy. Your tiny SEC brain automatically equates Bama dominance to SEC dominance, which aren't the same. I realize SECfags have to latch on to their hated rivals success because they have none themselves, but at least try and understand what's being discussed before exposing yourself to be a literal brainlet.

tUSO in '14 was a surprise, they got in by the benefit of the doubt and because the B1G has lots of money so there was a slant in having them in over a one-loss TCU. If it had been a choice between a 1-loss Oklahoma or 1-loss Texas, perhaps the B1G would've been left out in the cold that season. There IS a slant towards the bigger schools because a big school like Bama, Oklahoma, and Ohio State are bigger venues than Boise, Utah, or TCU.

At any rate, tOSU also had the reputation of getting blown out in big games, so that added to the shock factor of tOSU winning the 2014 title. But tOSU's choke factor returned last year, and no matter what anyone on the committee says, that did play into the snub this season.

Speaking of "SEC Bias" remember when an undefeated AuBarn was left out of the BCS title game? Pepperidge farm remembers.

you spew this hilarious shit yet literally ignore the SECs history, hate to break it to you and burst your bubble, but bama is not the only SEC team to win a natty chip

there are no legitimate "natty chip"s. any system that votes on team ranking/seeding is subjective and therefore invalid. the only solution is a playoff with every conference champion represented.

Holy shit you're fucking retarded. We're talking about this season-2017. The SEC was shit this season and will be shit next season too outside of Bama, Georgia, and maybe Auburn again. Like I said, TOP HEAVY. Media bias and money kept the SEC in the playoffs and UCF out. UCF could have easily hung with any of the final Playoff teams this year and probably would have beaten Bama, Clemson, and OU. The only one I don't see them hanging with is Georgia because their D isn't designed to stop run-heavy teams.

Alabama 2018 OOC
>Louisville without Jackson
>Arkansas St
>UL Lafayette
>The Citadel before Auburn

Include that with a mediocre SEC West and Bama has a cakewalk entry into the playoff.

But if Alabama ends up in the same situation as it did this season then it's clear that they're in the committee's pocket.

Rankings will try to hype it but the 2018 schedule is worse than 2017.

Hilarious

Let's see what we got:
Big10 - OSU, Wisconsin, Penn State? Nah, guess we'd have to take OSU due to the head-to-heads, and come on, that lost to Iowa (unranked).
So they deserved to be watching from home.

Pac12 - Joke. USC. Joke.

Then we have the champions of the SEC, Big12, and ACC - all legit.

So Bama - they lost to Auburn and missed the SEC championship. Auburn ended up losing 4 games. Seems bad, but they're all ranked (2,4,6,18). they're ranked 10/12 themselves.

UCF - undefeated with two wins over the same 25th ranked team and Auburn. Skipped their game against GT. Is this a joke too?

Bama correctly gets the nod over OSU, which was the only other candidate.

After that, it's just seeding and playing the games. BAMA and the SEC rule the world again.

Roll Tide, and suck it hard.

The SEC has two (2) good teams

memorable game, insane crowd, emergence of new superstar(s) and all you fucking people can do is whine and complain
never get tired of losing, do you?

lol, stay obsessed

>won their conference
>deserve to be watching from home
>transitive nonsense argument
>relative strength of conference argument
>arguments backed up with subjective rankings
i mean sure, you can justify the rankings and seeding within this system. but that doesn't change the fact that the system itself is garbage.

>just admit you hate success and would prefer nate silver picking national champs every year

kek

UCF = Boise State = Hawaii

Yeah that sucked

>Alabama 2018 OOC
Every fucking P5 team schedules weak OOC opponents

If you want to get mad at schedules then get mad at the only university that can still get away with making its own schedule, Notre Dame

UCF played literally nobody until Auburn. It's not the committee's fault they didn't know they would beat them.

I mean if you want to declare Boise St and Hawaii national champions too then go right ahead. Boise St had a legit claim being undefeated.

It’s almost as if we need a system where a team like UCF could prove it on the field instead

Nice meme

>Boise St had a legit claim being undefeated.

DELUSION
E
L
U
S
I
O
N

Why aren’t you calling out ? He’s the first one to say Boise St and Hawaii were equal to the National Champions.

To be fair, most of the Power 5 have only a couple of good teams at a time.

Until recently PAC-12 has pretty much been the USC conference, except the few years Oregon had some decent success.

Big 12 has pretty much been the Oklahoma +9 conference, maybe Texas. You could throw in Nebraska from the 90s but they're now a mediocre B1G team... for now.

ACC from the descent of Miami up until the ascension of Clemson has been primarily the Seminoles of FSU and was better known for basketball.

Little 10 has been mostly Bucknut country since they sent "Da U" into mediocrity, sometimes Michigan or Penn State. Of course, except for that anomaly in 2014, tOSU was also known for getting blown out in title games.

However, in the SEC, LSU, the mutts, the Barn, FloriDUH, and Alabama have shared time at the top in the past couple of decades. Whereas most successes in other conferences are limited to one or two perennials, the SEC has been spread out in the teams at the top.

They're equally memeworthy

/NFL/ here. Why do guys just literally choose who gets into the playoffs instead of having a system where you can mathematically prove only the winningest teams make it?

Podunk nobody schools can NEVER win the title because they don’t “deserve” it, correct?

Miami has literally never won an ACC championship in football. They were in the big east. The ACC the last 30 years has been dominated by FSU, the Techs and Clemson and it will stay that way forever.

Because it would expose the truth that the gap between the P5 and the G5 is not very big and (((they))) can’t have that.