Whats your opinion on diversity in movies and tv? Does it ruin it or can you get past it...

Whats your opinion on diversity in movies and tv? Does it ruin it or can you get past it? I personally have no issue with natural diversity but when its forced its obnoxious and glaringly obvious.

Trannies are mentally deranged

The unstoppable tied of islam/sharia that Sup Forums keeps screaming about can come any day now
please

Depends on how it is done.

If it is awkwardly shoehorned in or you can plainly tell it was done to reach some sort of quota or agenda, then no. Too many movies and TV are putting in gay/lesbian/trans characters in badly to capitalize on everything going on right now and it comes off as more sleazy then well thought out.

If the character is written well and flows naturally (IE: Not make a big deal out of it and not parading it around as a big selling point or for brownie points), then I am fine with it.

>tied
You're a moron

It only really bothers me if they apply it to a non-fiction or historical setting, for instance period drama's now have tons of ethnic minorities walking around medieval Europe like it's completely normal.

>not your'e

so close

Everybody's gay, black, or a woman just for the sake of it. They dont add anything other than being that.

there were lots of minorities in medieval Europe. they got to Europe before potatoes.

:-)

It's movies.

It's like you ask what i think of bad actors.

They exist but they aren't all bad.

d and e are pretty close together user
Good thing i made a typo otherwise you would have had to use your brain and respond to the comment. Thats probably not something you do often

I agree with you,I don't mind diversity if it isn't shoehorned or if everyone is equally presented. Also I don't mind casting a different race (although I would like if a white guy is cast without controversy in a role not written for a white guy) especially if the actor is talented (Keith Stanfield as L is gonna be great)

This. It's only annoying when their whole character is token black/ lesbian/ insert flavour of the month character.

its not about diversity its about identity politics.

Traditional individual identity has to be wiped out and be replaced with small collectives that are easier to control.

>You are gay? These labels are for you! Buy those things, like this and vote that.

>You are female? Here is what you think:

>You are of ethnic background? Those people are your friends now:

fpbp

F•P•B•P

I like how the women are hairy and the tranny is hairless, because fuck gender stereotypes, amirite?

It makes no difference to me so long as it actually FITS the narrative.

what are some movies about qt amputees

>Whats your opinion on diversity in movies and tv?

Nothing special really.

>Does it ruin it or can you get past it?

I don't know since I never watched something that make diversity its selling point. Maybe there are good ones? Don't know, dont' care.

Boxing Helena

this. it's ok when its done well and part of story (mad max fury road) and insufferable when it's the only reason the story is being told

It honestly does bother me a lot. I see myself turning to older movies more and more because of this.

Nothing questionable about drawing a mother holding her infant child's head right next to a penis.

F P B P
P
B
P

Put them all in the ovens. Also forced diversity is fucked.

When it makes sense and works for the material it doesn't bother me. But when you do it bc you think you're sending a message or being progressive it pisses me off. Like when abrams admitted he made the main character a girl and her sidekick a black guy because "lol diversity" or anything and everything revolving around the ghostbuster remake. Shoe horning it in is retarded.

anybody else remember back in 90's when it really felt like we were starting to get past racism because you could have a show be diverse without it being some huge fucking political statement... the internet has ruined everything

wait a second, there's a fucking guy there

I'm fine with diversity if the context is right. I mean, I'm not going to expect white people when watching a movie about America

It's annoying in Historical period pieces and in adaptations for books where the actor/actress looks nothing like the characters description (UNLESS and that's a big unless, the actor/actress plays the role perfectly

>trannies are trying to ruin futa
ENOUGH.

It's also annoying that they don't have even close to historically accurate teeth, skin, body hair, or body types.

I'm fucking sick of Tic Tac teeth and bolt on tits.

>lots

Sure you would get a few merchants from Africa and the middle east in larger cities but it's not like you'd have a few berber or arabian families in your average European village, let alone the fucking hamlets and countryside.

In LOST the asian, black family and mixed couple all those episodes were filler.

iktf

good. there's so much great work from decades past when morals were still intact. if more young people start discovering those treasures because they can't stand the current garbage then I'm all for more garbage getting greenlit immediately

thats not true at all. sun and jin were good characters with interesting stories. michael and walt would have been fine if the writers didnt shit the bed
i dont like diversity for diversity's sake. i wont spend money or even watch things if they change white characters in to black characters, especially like idris elba in the dark tower where being white is actually a plot device in the book i also skipped battlefield one and probably a few more titles i forget. forced diversity lacks authenticity and cheapens the entire experience for me.

I don't really mind it, unless it's painfully obvious that a character is black because the author/producer have weird fetish of infantilizing people in order to be some kind of white saviour.

For example, all those english show where they have Lancelot or Romeo played by black people.
It just feel wrong, and even for the actors involved, it must feel weird.

Agreed. This is some end-stage empire shit.

This.

Art has to "fit". When it doesn't it's obvious. When it does it clearly works and is harmonious.

Putting Boyega in as the lead of Star Wars TFA clearly was an effort to put in a black lead, rather than selecting the perfect man to play Finn.

Even then, Boyega does a good job, he is really likeable in TFA, one of the best aspect of the movie.

Ugly niggers hurt to look at and thus ruin the aesthetic of cinéma

they are not diverse if they are all ugly

I agree his acting skills are 10/10

If I was an amputee I would find it offensive that I am being compared to a buncha whales that don't take care of their body

diversity in OP's pic is cancer
pic related is diversity done right

>that one black dude that isn't camouflaged
There's not hip style points when you get killed for being a special snowflake

Trannies are a putried abomination and a crime against nature; we must kill them wherever we see them and we must kill them in a way that reminds them what hideous freaks they are. You need to be blowing up faggot bars, spraying machine gun fire into faggot pride parades, slaughtering trannies at tranny clinics and generally inflicting the most brutal punishment imaginable on anyone who sins against the ways of nature. These horrific sexual deviants are arguably even worse than niggers and other subhumans because many of them are white and have no excuse for their abominable behavior. Kill every single one of them without mercy or pity.

What is this picture of, some kind of tribe of cavewomen?

>are you black? These water fountains are for you
>are you chinese? This is the neighorhood you live in now

You act like segregation is a novel concept.

This guy gets it.

even Predators did diversity right
the whole plot point of the characters were exactly the reason it wasn't forced