Fuck this is gonna be bad

fuck this is gonna be bad

No it isn't. This is just a still of the moment when Georgie is already about to put his hand down the drain so anyone saying Pennywise needs to look nice is just talking out their ass.

Not to mention that the TV miniseries was unfaithful to the source material and watered down shit

I love the book, watched miniseries as a kid and I don't understand why this offends you guys?

The miniseries has a place in my heart but it's shit despite goat tim curry performance.

I want it to be good, I hope it'll be better than the miniseries. I don't understand this shitty ''hope it fails'' attitude

>Unfaithful to the source material

Yeah, we all know how terrible Stephen King adaptations turn out when they ignore the source

the thing is I'm not convinced at all of Pennywise 2.0's creepiness, all of the "evil" shots of him they've released look cheesy as fuck. pennywise isn't supposed to be a fucking model

Yep, pennywise design is awful.

its supposed to be a clown that little kids would trust just long enough to be eaten by them

making it an evil look demon is the opposite of that

we'll see, I'm gonna give it a shot. hopefully bill skarsgard is a good choice for pennywise and I think the director is a great choice, I watched Mama and it's better than any shit Fukunaga ever done

that is the point in book where Georgie reaches and Pennywise turns all sinister. he will have a ''normal'' form

as I said - that is the point in book where Georgie reaches and Pennywise turns all sinister

I've started reading the book like few days ago, that screen seems faithful to the book. also, costume is also more faithful than the miniseries costume

MOMS GONNA FREAK

Why did they get some twink to play Pennywise

none of the stills or concepts so far depict pennywise as anything other than purely demonic.

If they can match even a fragment of the brutality and creepiness of the book. It 'll be great. Problem is idk how much studio executive meddling was put into this.

>as I said

negro unless you're a tripfag, don't try to claim ownership of multiple posts.

Here's a question?? When's the last time a mediocre miniseries was carried by an absolute goat performance. I mean all these years later and I still can't believe that's Tim curry.

what?

this leak is shit quality but you can see he's made to be a normal clown

Yes? and?

Considering the clown is in a fucking sewer, it'd need to be just about the brightest, happiest looking mofo in existence to keep a kid from running away screaming.

Well in the book its more than just a clown in the sewer. Georgie could hear people laughing and smell peanuts and genuinely felt like a circus was down there. I think pennywise can fuck with your senses too.

Will they include the orgy scene?

Already said no, but they will have the leper and I think the gay scene in the junk yard

Stephen King is the Nickelback of writing, the further it strays the better

ofc they won't

I hope they go with a ton of gore. like this scene with georgie, I want to see pennywise rip his hand from his body

I want to see that faggot killed too, that wasn't in the miniseries

>the further it strays the better
Kubrick's Shining is regarded as a masterpiece by everyone BUT King, because Kubrick did his own thing for part of it. King made his own Shining, which no one remembers for good reason.
inb4 doug pls go

BIG
E
N

This. I hope it stays true to the super fucked up brutality of the book.

I believe King did finally come around on Kubrick's Shining. Still didn't love it, but he admitted it's good.

Casting Nicholson was a big part of why he was so angry. He felt that Jack should be a good man overcome by the evil of the hotel, while Kubrick clearly wanted the hotel to just bring out what was already there in Jack.
I think most people would agree that Kubrick's version makes for a more interesting story.

Weird thing is, after reading the book, I can't disagree with King any harder. Jack was a real son of a bitch in the book. Maybe not "crazy" but a 10/10 fuckinh asshole who breaks his toddlers arm.

I was really uncomfortable with that book. We all know King was a raging alcholic and too much of the book felt autobiographical. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he actually gave his kids their medicine from time to time.