Bob Iger Reveals ‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Spinoff Details and more

>Disney CEO Bob Iger dropped some details about the upcoming “Star Wars” movies at a USC tech conference on Thursday.

>At the conference, where he also confirmed that he’s “definitely” leaving in 2019, he said he has seen Episode 8, “The Last Jedi,” and addressed how the company is handling the death of Carrie Fisher, who appears extensively in the film.

>“We are not changing ‘8’ to deal with her passing. Her performance remains as it was in ‘8,’” he said. “In ‘Rogue One’, we created digitally a few characters… We’re not doing that with Carrie.”

>Iger also revealed that the next film, a standalone project on Han Solo, will follow his life from the age of 18 through 24. The film will including “acquiring a certain vehicle and meeting a certain Wookie,” he said. “You’ll also discover how he got his name.”

>When Disney acquired Lucasfilm, it originally envisioned three new “Star Wars” films. But the company’s creative team is now working on “Star Wars” stories that will go well beyond Episode 9, he said. The team is thinking about “what could be another decade and a half of ‘Star Wars’ stories,” he said.

Are you ready for another decade of Star Wars stories..... Disney will milk this to the last drop....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a fairly decent ensamble.

>You’ll also discover how he got his name.”
Why can't it just be his fucking name? Does it really seem so out of place in a galaxy with "Luke Skywalker" and "obi wan" that it needs its own point.

No one actually thinks that movie will be good right?

Yeah, if you're from reddit

But Han isn't a white british woman sooooo

>discover how he got his name

>"There you go again Han! Solo as usual.

*ugly* white british woman

Holy fuck..no..NO

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEE I'M GLAD I FINALLY LOST MY VIRGINITY FUCK YOU GUYS

Well the ship story can be interesting.
>But does this mean now we will have everyone origin story in solo movie

Fuck you, she's the best woman of nu-Star Wars

There's one his right and his left so there

>fans expect Han and Boba to have a rivalry in the movie
>its Greedo

How would you feel?

>Reveal how he got his name
What are we, some kind of Han Solo squad?

>Khan now has many equivalent meanings such as "commander", "leader", or "ruler" "king" "chief". These titles or names are sometimes written as Han, Kan.
>Solo single,only one person

WeW lads does this mean im part of Disney creative team that work on “Star Wars”

Nothing cuz boba fett is overrated

not stupid enough

>tfw your childhood became capeshit in the span of a mere 2 years thanks to disney

>Disney will milk this to the last drop....
Duh. It did cost them a fair amount of money.

Star Wars was always capeshit. How different is the heroic story of Star Wars from most superhero plots? He's some super special snowflake raised in a normal family but turns out to be "the chosen one" who happens to have supernatural powers and among the last Jedi and destined to kill his evil father and save the galaxy. It's kind of like Superman.

Fucking 15 years of Star Wars movies... every year?!

Count me out. I can't take this anymore with all these sequels and remakes. It's just getting way too out of hand at this point.

We act like we didn't get six different yearly installments of Star Wars at the LEAST over the last 20 years from other mediums. Instead of comics and novels we get a bunch of movies.

No cares about Star Wars books and comics

15 YEARS of Star Wars movies.

You can't apply the word capeshit to fundamental storytelling techniques, so fuck off with that. You're gonna tell me the Hero's Journey is capeshit? It's a story structure. It's the actual trappings of the setting and characters that make something capeshit. Star Wars is a space opera.

>let me tell you about that time when Han solo'd 4 fighters
Wow. Superb filmmaking

He never specified movies though. Star wars stories can literally mean anything.

What does that even mean? Post something of substance.

Fuck off, you know it means movies you fucking apologist. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Nigger.

Han Solo will be the first Star Wars related movie I won't be seeing in the theaters

I watched TFA and Rogue One as unbiased as I could and both were bad movies, Rogue One being flat out boring for two thirds of the movie

I am glad a lot of people can still enjoy the franchise but Star Wars is nothing more than a money making machine at the moment. The stories aren't interesting, the movies are an insult to the old ones.... but I am still rather sad than angry. they are gonna milk the fuck out of these movies

>Being this mad
Chill buddy. Come up with a real argument next time my friend.

How do you know this one won't be good though?

delet this

>being this much of a shill
Get a life some time buddy guy pal friend

Still not an argument
>Hurr durr I'll call him a shill/apologist

You actually never countered my evidence of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' so go fuck yourself m88. 'Not an argument' is a really great tactic to silence opponents you can't argue against.

>tell me how im reddit so i can hide it better

Well I'll give you that one. But I doubt we're getting 15 straight years of offshoot Star Wars Story movies.

*Was* a space opera.

>“You’ll also discover how he got his name.”

I think it'll play out something like this:

"Wow, did you see Han flying the Kessel Run? He was amazing! No one's ever done it...
*turns to camera*
...SOLO before."
*pause to allow for audience cheering*

>“what could be another decade and a half of ‘Star Wars’ stories,”

sigh

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

His renegade trainer Is Han Mucho

HENCEFORTH YOU SHALL BE KNOW AS HAN... SOLO.

This is heresy. You should pray on your sins.

>“You’ll also discover how he got his name.”

What?

lmao this is gonna be shit

>normies keep paying
>disney keeps making movies

more news at 11