Why isn't soccer more mainstream in the US?

Why isn't soccer more mainstream in the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdUEEp2oA0o
youtube.com/watch?v=e_dAEgfUJzU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

too soccer-mom dominated

Because you suck at it

Rugby wasn't even a top 10 sport here and when we reached the semis of a WC it turned into the 4th most popular sport. Same with tennis, when Delpo was top 4 tennis was more popular, but when there aren't argies winning no one talks about it

Just get good and it will be more popular

Why isn't she sucking my dick right now?

giv hot negress gf

we have our own sport leagues dumb cunt

It is

For girls and children

you're tiny white dick isn't enough

I read somewhere that it's a rich's people sport in there or something

you guys still arent shit at rugby 2bh. still consistently lose to the northern hemisphere sides and barely scratch out one win in the RC when nations field their B team. You're about as good at rugby as we are at soccer.

Anglo countries typically play by their own football codes, with Association being seen as a second tier one.

It all has to do with the evolution of "football" in elite public schools and universities. In the US and Canada, we had our gridiron football code, in Australia they have AFL, in New Zealand they prefer Rugby football, Association dominates because the British dominated and exported their sports

US actually has a unique culture so we don't just copy other countries and follow such a bland sport.

*rich people's

tell me about this girl
why does she pose like this

You had a good basketball generation and that's still irrelevant in your country

So do most other countries and Soccer is still popular

All you need is a ball and two posts its really cheap

>still consistently lose to the northern hemisphere sides

i read somewhere that you have to pay thousands if your kid is in a travelling socca team

>US actually has a unique culture
nice bait doe

>still consistently lose to the northern hemisphere sides
You what? We rekt the back-to-back 6 nations champ in the last WC

Maybe you are talking about friendlies, but when it counts we always defeat them. Only South Africa, NZ and Australia are better than us, we can take any Europoor team

Nice nonargument

Causes she's curious

For the leagues yeah but not for just playing with friends. Its not very popular with kids and I wonder why.

>can't be losers if we don't play against anybody

Basketball is the 3rd most popular sport here m8, our domestic league is rather good and lot of people watch it

She's the female Derek Zoolander

is this an average ethiopian girl?

Okay, well the burden of proof is on you, you're the one who claimed in 2018 the US is a unique culture.

Hell the UK is like us enough that one could move to one country or another with 0 culture shock (Besides getting used to the fact that there are muslims)

Because it's a shitty sport and american soccer fans are cancerous hipster faggots

>I read somewhere that it's a rich's people sport in there or something

Financially, hockey is the rich people's sport when it comes to sports for kids. Years back, a friend of a friend had two sons in hockey and the parents dropped tons of cash on this, as well as driving all over the place (including out of state) to pay games.

Soccer in the U.S. is seen as a game for little kids, where boys and girls and can play together and not get hurt, while basketball is the poor people's sport in the U.S., which is why its so popular with Blacks, as all they need is a ball, using courts set up in parks by the city.

Then why do Argies on Sup Forums talk about it like it's curling-tier popularity

FIFA meddled with the US domestic league in the 20s and it soured the population on the sport.

I've already said the proof. USA actually follows its own sports while half the world follows soccer. It has a unique sporting culture while all these former colonies don't.

no it fucking isn't.
kek

Watching the NBA isn't that popular here, but the sport of basketball is rather big

youtube.com/watch?v=IdUEEp2oA0o

Because we have baseball, american football, basketball, college sports, golf, nascar....this list goes on. Soccer isn't ingrained in our culture and no one gives a fuck about it outside of children and females. Doesn't help our US team is always garbage.

See

This thing about the magical talent playing in the streets is exaggerated. There are futsal courts here everywhere including schools. They compete between schools and stuff.

>outside of children and females.
So, 70% of the population?

You sound like these Americans who say "if you ignore blacks and spics we aren't actually that fat"

That doesn't disprove anything posted. It just explains the origin of American Football.

thin scoreboards

fat people need fat scores

Yes, it is. The thing is that most people only care about football, so all other sports look small compared to it

In my city basketball is bigger than football tho

Oh you can get hurt very badly in soccer
youtube.com/watch?v=e_dAEgfUJzU

>Countries that developed different football codes in the same way, using the same class of people all spawning mostly from a premodern game developed in British towns are culturally different

>Countries that follow a football code made by another country are more culturally similar to that country

Why did the SJWs have to take over Sociology

Argentina popular sports power ranking
1. Football
2. Motorsports
3. Box

You can't squeeze in as many commercials so nobody wants to promote it.

>Football
>TC
>Rugby
>Tennis
>Boxing

those are all more popular than basketball.

>In my city basketball is bigger than football tho
no such thing, stop lying to yourself and everyone else please.
thanks.

FIGHT

Too much action going on.
American TV networks would have a terrible time trying to monetize the 15 minute time for commercials between halves.

>Best northern hemisphere team

>Rugby
>3rd
KEK, watch the finals of the argentine cup, there are like 300 people in the crowd

In Mar del Plata and Bahia Blanca basketball is the first sport

what city?

Shit marketing. I live in Dallas which had a: NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, and MLS team. No one gives a single shit about the soccer team. No one talks about them. The news stations never recap their games. More people care about the NHL team than the soccer team and this is fucking Texas.

Bahia Blanca, most basketball players come from here

please point out where I said that Rugby was 3rd.

our rugby league is amateur, basketball is professional and rugby still gets more attendance/viewership than basketball.

not to mention our rugby team in the super rugby gets as much attendance as a first division football club on a match basis.

Argentina are worse than every 6 nations team except Italy. England rekt you with their B team.

Couldn't that just be that the media gatekeepers are still largely Boomers who have an illogical hatred of soccer?

because it's gay and boring

Could be but it’s still a reason soccer isn’t popular here.

To be frank, I didn’t even know we had an MLS team until I had a work event at a game once.

Just a friendly m8, you also defeat us at football in friendlies

>rugby still gets more attendance/viewership than basketball
citation needed

What's gay about running and kicking a ball? I'd argue that handegg is more gay. Players are in spandex. They start from a position where they put their asses up while there's a guy behind. Fans obsess over the size and shape of the players (gay as fuck). They go on and on about the power, speed, big muscles. Oh so big..

>citation needed
no, you are the mongoloid making retarded claims, not me.

There is no such thing as a friendly in rugby, they're tests and they're not the same as friendlies in football. Argentina have also never beaten England in a "non friendly". You only ever beat Ireland who are a joke in world cups.

don't feel like watching some twink faggots running around for 90 minutes and only scoring one fucking goal.

soccer is fucking trash.

>muh red cards
>muh yellow cards

bitch ball

its gay and all of our black athletes are extremely homophobic

yeah, you'd rather watch roided negros in spandex grope each other

this
i only want to see big black men collide into each other for hours and a big 30-47 score

>Yeah it's the media's fault!
t. hillary

Why are Americans so bad at banter? Honestly it feels like my countrymen think banter is "hahaha faggot bitch"

When we defeated Ireland in the last WC they were the back to back 6N champs. You are now blaming us for not facing England, maybe if you made it past the group stages you could have had the chance of defeating us m8

>don't feel like watching some twink faggots
You prefer them big bears, right? It's ok, sweetie.

>I need it to be a high scoring sport otherwise my retarded 5 years old mind drifts off

>illegal spic
>my countrymen
try again

>Sport popular with billions
>Not popular in America
No it's clearly because Americans are better and smarter than everyone else.

You really shouldn't leave your board though

>we have no connection to it, never was an American sport
>diving (which long spread to American sports but it is nowhere near as egregious and disgusting as it is in soccor) absolutely kills it
>refs don't understand how to stop a clock
>no replay to correct obvious blown calls
>offside rule is retarded and hinders scoring
>no playoffs

Just a few off the top of my head

>saves this picture
>someone i'm supposed to feel stupid
lel, fucking jungle monkey

>somehow*

There's this thing called google. I don't know if you ever heard about it. It's very useful.

>baww why don't you follow what everyone else follows
>omg americans have no culture

There's this thing called a Brazilian. I don't know if you ever heard about it. It's very digusting.

abysmal attempt at banter

We were talking about sports just now. What happened, sweetie? Are you upset?

>the shitskins are reeeing again

You're the one who started insulting, dear. I haven't done the same.

>amerimutt calling me a shitskin
kek

>muh ironic sweetie posting
>b-but don't you like those big black bears!?
>not upset

seu buceta

>be American
>make some really stupid comment
>get BTFO
>start using racial insults to control the damage
literally every single thread

>Americans have no culture
I neither said that, nor believe it.

Why do soccer haters get so passionate about the sport sucking?

Lol the redneck got BTFO again

>wasn't me
>still seething
lel, rent free.

because soccer was invented by european women to keep themselves busy while their husbands cooked dinner

Really clever, jebediah.

I thought lacrosse was the rich man's sport

What kind of people play rugby in the USA? You guys are good at rugby 7s and I bet you don't even know that sport exists

Maybe I shouldn't have said rich but:

>This is a risk still associated with the widespread 'pay-to-play' system in the US, where parents have to shell out for their youngsters to participate with elite youth clubs. Without that money - or a lucky break like Howard's - then talents from lower socio-economic backgrounds can slip through the cracks.

Only via cheep shots, which soccer only encourages by not having a penalty box / power plays like hockey.

> shots of players standing around

This really pisses me off, as they could and should be showing replays instead.

Who the fuck wants to see the players standing around doing nothing?!

Literally show _anything_ else but that!

He didn't fly so good!

Soccer: The Manlet's Choice

not enough advert breaks