Football Association adopts 'Rooney Rule' as Martin Glenn outlines 2018 plans

>Football Association adopts 'Rooney Rule' as Martin Glenn outlines 2018 plans

The Football Association will interview at least one applicant from a black, Asian and minority ethnic background for future roles in the England set-up.

English football's governing body will adopt its own version of the 'Rooney Rule' implemented in the NFL in 2003.

Chief executive Martin Glenn said the move showed the "FA is for all".

"The FA wants to become a more inclusive organisation where the workforce more represents the people who play football today," Glenn said.

Speaking to BBC Sport, he added: "What it will say is the opportunity to have a career beyond playing is something that the FA is serious about promoting."

The Rooney Rule, named after NFL diversity committee chairman Dan Rooney, requires clubs in American football to interview at least one BAME candidate for each head coach or senior football operation vacancy.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3224835/Premier-League-Nations-England-lead-way-s-international-league-21-Dutchmen-Kenyan-midfielder-winger-Gambia.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there's nothing i love more than forced diversity favoring minorities

You're a minority.

from my point of view you are a minority

Just gives his word more weight, even minorities can't stand this bullshit.

Why can't organizations and employers just hire the BEST person (he/she/trans/other) for the job. PERIOD.

If all the best managers / coaches around right now are just middle age white males, TO FUCKING BAD. That's just how it is.

In 15 years that will change. There is equal opportunity NOW, but not equal credentials and knowledge. That takes time.

Americans just are this stupid.

You're a minority.

So fight me then.

lmao dude ur skin is brown, here's your job

Pro-tip my underage friend, they do. If you had any reading ability you would have stumbled across the phrase >requires a minorty candidate to be INTERVIEWED, not HIRED. Historically minority candidates were never given the chance to even get through the door due to bias at best and racism at worst.

How do they do it lads, how do they find new ways to make themselves look stupid every single day.

To be American is to be a walking joke for the rest of the planet to laugh at

You have 10 seconds to name a good black manager. Argentines don't count.

Institutional racism now exists

managing is racist la

>minority
>world sport
>whites are 7% of the world population

no u

>the quality of that jpeg
>the quality of that argument
>Sup Forums

What will be done about the overrepresentation of african players?Genuinely kill yourself.

Nah you're alright, my race is thriving yours will be down the toilet by 2020

Darkie and Paki will go extinct when they don't have whitey to leach off

You will always be a worthless nigger.

>overrepresentation of african players
I can count the amount of African players in the PL on my fingers.

Did you think this post was clever, or are you just retarded?

Maradona new favourite for the Stoke job.

Well go on then. List all African-born players in the PL. Mahrez, Salah, Mane. Feel free to continue the list edgyboy.

Don't seethe too hard, my good fellow. Wouldn't want you to get too mad and become the next Anders Breivik

Does Magath count? Pretty sure he's like half black.

Toure
Bailly
Matip
Elneny
Iwobi
Aurier
Ayew x2
Chopou-Moting
Diouf
Masuaku
Niasse
Slimani
Iheanacho
Ndidi
Bolasi
Atsu
Bony
Bong

Just how inbred are you with this many fingers?

Grand total of 19 in a league with 534 players. Such over-representation!

Plus the three you mentioned, I could go on a lot longer but I didn't think you'd have more than 22 fingers.
What % would be normal representation to you?

Stop moving the post faggot, he asked to name one he named 19. Yeah there isnt that many africans in europe besides sweden u tard

>What % would be normal representation to you?
Maybe 10-20%? Africa is a pretty large continent. Tons of players from there too. Not like I'm complaining about a lack of representation, I just find it ridiculous to complain about OVER-representation.

I never once asked for anyone to just name one player. I asked for ALL players.

Brits will be extinct in our lifetime thank god

>Leaving the European Union
>On a democratic vote
>Saying any other collective groups is the laughingstock of the planet

>that flag
>that post

>electing a fraud

By that logic about 60% should be Asian and 5% should be American. Except this is the Premier League based in England and Wales and Asians and Americans are shit at football.

Africa likewise achieves fuck all in international football but there are loads of them in the premier league. We have a higher percentage of foreigners than any other league in the world.

You lack the ability to read

It's not an American thing, it's a neo-liberal thing, although I guess you could argue that's an American thing

>By that logic about 60% should be Asian and 5% should be American.
No, not really. A lot of the big population Asian countries do not care about football much at all. Same with the USA.
I'm not really arguing about there not being enough representation. Really, I'm not. I'm arguing that it's ridiculous to complain about over-representation.

Thatcherism is neo-liberalism as well, it's not just American

Ok true about Asia and USA but you agree the size of the country/continent is only one factor, how good they at football is probably more understandable justification. Also proximity to the country (loads of Irish for example).

So explain to me why there are 8 from Senegal, 6 from Nigeria and only 5 from Sweden and 5 from Portugal?

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3224835/Premier-League-Nations-England-lead-way-s-international-league-21-Dutchmen-Kenyan-midfielder-winger-Gambia.html

Alternatively, if it doesn't matter how many black footballers there are then why does it matter how many black managers there are?

Amazingly you make more money playing for Malmo or Porto than for some club in Senegal or Nigeria

Well then you are lost!

Right so they came here for the money then. Relatively cheap labour, not because they're better than footballers from other nations. So that's over representation in my view even though it's not born out of prejudice.

LMFAO what fucking Asians are actually good at football though
Those pakis are passionate, i'll give them that. but i seriously doubt they have the people/management skills or the tactical knowledge to ever have take up administrative roles in the FA besides treasurer-type shit

yuros are a global minority

all non yuros should leave europe

>The Football Association will interview at least one applicant from a black, Asian and minority ethnic background for future roles in the England set-up.

I don't see what the big deal is. It says they'll interview them, not hire them.

Omar Al-Soma is elite

They wouldn't get the job if they weren't good at football you nonce

literally who
By Asians i was referring to south asians which is what i assume most brits mean by asian
Do they seriously call middle easterns like syrians asians?

Asian to a European is anyone east of Turkey, because history

No GM in the NFL actually follows the Rooney Rule. Its entirely for show

do any of the deep east asians like south asians and chinks get involved in the actual playing/management side of football instead of just occupying a good portion of a top 6 team fanbase

>"The FA wants to become a more inclusive organisation where the workforce more represents the people who play football today,"

what a joke. should monkeys and lions be given administrative posts in zoos?

Honestly never seen an East/South Asian manager in England. There's a handful of players, mostly Korean or Japanese and some clubs are powered by asian wealth, but no managers I'm aware of

If you really think players like Benalouane and Barrow are good players and there aren't masses of equivalent quality players across the UK, Europe and the Americas I don't know what I can do for you.

Have a look at that list in the link I posted, around half of them got relegated or released in the next transfer window. There's a continuous cycle of average african players coming in and then getting moved on again.

I count about 40 africans in that list and maybe 10-15 have any real quality at all. It's nearly 10% of the league and I don't think you can make the claim that nearly 10% of premier league quality players are African. Certainly teams in Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga don't seem to think so.

>black, Asian and minority ethnic background
how long before they're sued for not considering someone black or brown enough?

BAME?

>Dude H&M lmao
>Dude Rooney Rule lmao
>Dude Beardsley was racist lmao
>Dude diverse cabinet reshuffle lmao

FOUR FUCKING STORIES INVOLVING WOGS. Literal obsession today, christ.

Why the fuck are we copying America when the population percentages are nowhere near the same? Blacks make up like 15-20% of their population, they make up just 3% of ours

What did H&M do?

Diversity is just marxist scum telling white ppl they dont have free will and to treat non whites not as equals, but charity cases.

employed a white guy, sick bastards

>(((great))) britain

lmao next up the 'OP Rule' where the FA will interview at least one faggot

They forgot about black fragility. This little niglet is now the symbol of the Resistance.

Yanks, how has this rule affected your leagues?

chris hughton

His dad was a Puerto Rican in the US army apparently.

His dad also abandoned the family when he was a baby, as if that would be a shock to anyone.

im not sure, i only watch your league.
Good to
Good to be
Good to be a
Good to be a gooner

In 1985, Magath played in a simultaneous exhibition chess match against Garry Kasparov
#respect

Why don't you become a Muslim and kill another white lad on the street you fucking nigger

Because it hasn't been succesful for the last 52 years.