Sup Forums will defend this

Sup Forums will defend this.

what? Sup Forums has been shitting all over the death note casting

But light wasn't that gay looking.

maybe it's because he looks like a weird plastic man and can't act

the character is called LIGHT not YELLOW and his hair wasn't black, prove me wrong

ts probably because hes a bad actor.

asians can't act for shit. Weebs need to be gased

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

GET FUCKED WEEBS

he should consider himself lucky to still be alive with those poncy eyebrows

wtf?

>deztiel

literally watched the tumblrism video right fucking now lol

Its not that I'll defend it. Its that I dont care.

At all.

I just didn't really like Death Note in the first place. It would just be hypocritical of me to say there's a certain way it should be done when I wouldn't like either

>get rejected because you're a shit gayboy actor
>Cry and say instead that it was because you were asn

>White washing
What about L getting switched to a black guy?

>look up the character
>looks white like all chink cartoon characters

Light is supposed to be tall and attractive. Like basically perfect, which is part of the reason why he develops a god complex to begin with. Letting some scrawny gay-looking guy play Light makes no sense if the movie is set in America.

>Asian Americans want asians cast for Death Note
>Forgot Japan already made it

B L A C K L

>Light
>asian

oh fuck off

Theres an Asian adaptation of Netflix. Isn't it good that they're trying to differentiate themselves from those films?

>What is it with this outrageous yellowwashing?! All the cast for this Japanese flick should be germans!

This is how retarded you sound

Only whites can be racist

He wasn't Japanese so it isn't as unrealistic desu. But yea, him being pale and autistic doesn't fit many black people.

>No one wants to acknowledge that black washing is a real thing though

>he was rejected because he was asian
[citation needed]

I'm honestly willing to bet his English isn't great.

People in Japanese cartoons don't look Asian. When there are Asians, though, they look explicitly Asian and have Asian features such as slanted eyes or some shit.

>don't get a part
>whine on social media

wew career dead

Damn sooo Asian looking. Seriously though are Japs/SJWs deluded? Anime characters look like the whitest people I've ever seen

He looks like a fucboi

>rejected because i was asian
>even though they took the time to interview an asian

I thought gooks were supposed to be good at math

Does netflix deathnote take place in nipland?

didn't think so faggots

If Death Note is so racistly white-washed then why did they make L a black dude? I'm not full-on white supremacist, but that was a poor place to insert diversity.

Now for the case of Light, it makes sense to cast all characters as Asian if the movie takes place in Asia, much like the Asian Death Note movies that already exist and already have Asian actors.

The Death Note anime had American Voice Actors, and American Death Note fans would be more acclimated to white-casting, since America is still 60% white (and declining).

Honestly I care about L's character alot more and I'd take an Asian or Black Female Tranny SJW-power Light over any kind of diversity-hire L any day of the week.

Eh to be fair, that's how Asians see themselves. It's only Americans that imagine anime characters as "white"

What about all the shows that are set in Japan and all the characters have Japanese names and speak/write Japanese?

wtf I hate netflix now

>American adaptation
>casting American actors

The fucking nerve of them.

>This guy
Yeah, he doesn't even know his name, has probably never seen a movie he's in, BUT they both believe he should get the role simply on being Asian.

>western adaptation features westerners

Would people lose their shit over a Nigerian remake of Friends not having enough white actors in it?

>the character is called LIGHT not YELLOW
KEK

L is supposed to be a hapa anyway.

Yes but not black.

That's bullshit.

They still don't LOOK Asian. That's the point.

It's the A.Z.N, nigga fuck the rest.
Dallas to New York jigga, we the best.
Vietnam to Japan to Mongolia. Philippines to Taiwan to Cambodia.
Korea, ah... ah... Hometown: China, who you got, huh?
You got shit nigga, feel the size.
It's the A.Z.N better recognize.

L was always hard for me to guess the race of. More than anything all that really matters for that character is that he looks like a fucking ghoul

>L is supposed to be a hapa anyway.
Is he? I knew he was supposed to be British, and thought the jap Death Note movies screwed by casting an Asian. what episode/issue is L being "hapa" revealed in?

>Eh to be fair, that's how Asians see themselves.
Then they're obviously retarded.

wut

He's 1/4 Japanese. Basically he's as Asian as Asuka is

Actually, when you ask asians if Goku looks asian, they say yes. If you ask whites if Goku looks white, they say yes. If you ask saiyans if Goku looks saiyan, he says yes.
most anime characters (most, not all) are either or, depending on who is watching. asians think lots of anime characters look asian, and then we think otherwise

and 3/4 british, right?

If the licence holders were so against a "white washed" version of Death Note, then surely they wouldn't have sold it to an American company?

Also, why the fuck do people feel like movies are a tax payer funded service that are accountable to the public? It boggles my mind. If you aren't happy the product, don't buy it, it's not the end of the world.

The creator says British, Russian, French, and Japanese. It's never said in the Manga or anime

Another reason to spit on subhuman monger Americuck face

Is it really news to these people that casting has always been superficial as fuck and is largely controlled by what higher ups think will result in the largest potential audience rather than any kind of artistic credibility?

This is a white person in anime. The soft features are asian.

i love it when the left eats itself, i don't think there's a more "progressive" film related company than netflix, maybe just maybe disney

nigga you ain't black
ching chong ling a long you wack
better you speak Chinese than try to be like me have you OD on crack
I can whip my dick out and knock you out with one smack

It's an American take on the story taking place in the United States. The characters can be any race. If it was an American take on the story taking place in Japan, you might have something to complain about. I'm sure it's not very good anyway so maybe this guy dodged a bullet.

Ran is a great movie and that's a different cultural take on a story. Apparently it's only bad when "white" countries do it.

>guy

In Baccano the japs reveal that they have no love for slanty-eyed Chinks.

Its probably because they never draw slanted eyes unless they really want to get across the guys asian

>brown eyes
>white
You need to go back.

Were you in the thread I made last night?

Light is supposed to be Japanese you fucking retards

what anime is this?

Americuck """"humor"""

Light Yagami yes, not Light Taylor

Anime was based off western animation which is why so many characters look "white". Personally, I never considered 'race' to play a part of anime characters. To me they just look like...well anime characters

Inuyasha

Full Metal Panic

Says the mouth breathing weaboo subhuman

>Light Taylor
Don't you mean Lind Taylor

Guys. Is the race of the main character in a story about as universal as Death Note really important ? The paradox of the death penalty isn't something new.

fairy tail

Everyone is messing with you. It's Full Metal ALCHEMIST.
It's pretty good show.

Was he the only one to show up to audition for the role? Fuck man does everyone think they get a trophy?

>all asians are mongoloid
Stop posting these retarded fake Sup Forums charts.

it's actually Light Turner my bad

Looks FtM.

Looks literally nothing like light

>doesn't really look like Kira at all
>could absolutely work as L though
>except L is already set to be played by a black guy who looks nothing like L for some reason
>somehow those fucking crackers and their whitewashing are the problem here

>Light Turner
>mfw Netflix is casting half-jew who looks like (((Elliot Rodger)))
>mfw this decision makes sense.

i want twitter fags to leave Sup Forums

FUCK ALL OF YOU

worse than tumblr
worse than reddit
worse than Sup Forums

i've seen plenty of jap actors who could pull the look but this guy looks like a trap

Making him look like Elliot Rodger was deliberate. Have you seen the teaser trailer? They made Light into a generic angsty school shooter guy. It's completely missing the whole point.

>98% japanese nation vs mixed nation
retard

>They made Light into a generic angsty school shooter guy. It's completely missing the whole point.
Is it?

notice how angry all the white guys are in this thread, they know they're wrong

Yeah, L is supposed to be part Jap, part British, and part something else (French, maybe?). He was born and raised in London.

It's set in the USA. There aren't that many hapas running around over here. Tons of blacks though. Like, literally tons. Their obesity rate is off the fucking chart, the average black woman weighs as much as the average white man (190 lbs).

we was anime and shit

Retard.

Nice Argument senpai.

Yeah, it is. Light is supposed to be a handsome, popular, charismatic, athletic genius. That's why he decides that he can become a god, he's literally better than everyone around him by basically every way that we measure a person's value in society. It's why almost nobody suspects him for most of the story. It's also part of the tragedy, a kid with so much potential who had a terrific life ahead of him became a maniac.

Making Light into a creepy emo kid kind of undercuts that.

he sounds like one too.
also what's the problem with not casting him because he is asian? a lot of roles when you go to auditions are race and/or gender oriented, that's the artistic vision of the director and there's nothing wrong with that, i've seen many times lead roles that require only black guys for instance (and no it wasn't for yo mama's "business trip" LMAO) it is what it is and it is everywhere in the world not just in the U.S, it happens everywhere.

we live in a world where grown ass men get offended over cartoon characters, sad!

>Light is supposed to be a handsome, popular, charismatic, athletic genius.
To be honest, the anime doesn't really go into this too much. It *is* touched on a few times, but it takes a major backseat to the 4D chess games.

Being a handsome, popular, and athletic aren't really super important to the Light character is it? Charismatic and a Genius, sure, though.

People thought Eric Harris was a sweet little angel before he shot up Columbine. I don't see a big contradiction, t.b.h.

good pick for mayes.
can't wait to see him die in live action

how can Tatsuya Fujiwara look more like such a gay dork?!

This is an American adaptation of the manga. Just like GiTS and even DB. No need to force chinks in it.

>To be honest, the anime doesn't really go into this too much. It *is* touched on a few times,

It's constantly reiterated. Constantly. He uses it to his advantage so many times. So many different episodes of Death Note revolve around Light charming the pants off of some girl?

>Being a handsome, popular, and athletic aren't really super important to the Light character is it? Charismatic and a Genius, sure, though.

It is. Because that's what feeds the hell out of his ego and causes his god complex.