Guy in one of my college classes is a Warriors, Patriots, and Alabama fan

>guy in one of my college classes is a Warriors, Patriots, and Alabama fan
>starts talking shit about how good his teams are today
>call him out for his bandwagon faggotry
>he unironically claims he's not a bandwagoner because, "My dad went to Alabama, I became a Warriors fan when they drafted Steph, and I've just always liked the Patriots"
>tfw

Any of you ever know anybody like this?

by "calling him out" do you actually mean being too awkward to confront him?

No, I pointed out that he only roots for teams that win.

tbqhwy all my favorite teams i first bandwagoned during their successful seasons, but the key is to not jump off the bandwagon when they start losing or move to the new champ

>"he unironically claims he's not a bandwagoner because, "My dad went to Alabama, I became a Warriors fan when they drafted Steph, and I've just always liked the Patriots"

Seems like a pretty good justification for why he likes those teams desu.

>tfw i am an alabama fan that also likes manchester city

I graduated from Alabama and studied abroad in Manchester, I swear. ;__;

>caring about what team other people like

85% of Ameri/sp/ except it's being a LeBron fan, not a Warriors fan.

>college classes
>fan of another college
What school?

but that is a legitimate reaction against the way the Golden State Chuckers play

look at this guy, mad about sports

>muh chucking
They're 9th in 3 pointers attempted

>be Angels and Ducks fan living in Los Angeles
>people think I'm a bandwagonner for supporting these teams instead of the Lelkers Doyers or Raidniggers
>tell them I don't even like NFL/NBA
>they tell me I'm not a "real" sports fan
Anyone else like this?

>now more teams are throwing up more threes than ever before
they've almost ruined the sport

>giving a shit about why people root for any team

UNC Asheville

>tfw dodgers and rams fan living in orange county
>no one says anything because everyone here is a bandwagoner

What college do you go to op?

>this argument again
They're not cheating are they? In sports if you find am effective strategy, you use it to win. Never did I think Sup Forums would argue in favor of bigasssniggaslamjamhoopdunkin'mayne over you know, skill and elegance

never mind

>going to a public uni
lol what do expect when hanging around plebs, pleb?

It still blows my mind that people from other cities aren't exclusively fans of their city's teams.
>inb4 living in some bumfuck flyover state that doesn't have local teams
Even worse, when people somehow blame a city or team for having bandwagoners in other parts of the country. Like nigger, if people from your city would rather root for teams halfway across the country, that speaks badly on YOUR city's residents.

No point replying to these types of people that think stumbling to the rim and drawing a foul is more skillful than making a jumpshot.

Go away, Jamal.

>tfw was born in Oakland, went to school in Boston, and spend 4 years in Barcelona with family

Who /warriors+patriots+barca/ masterrace here?

You have never known pain

I live in Canada now. I know pain

Yeah there's always that guy on FB whose "Team" always seems to win, regardless if they've contradicted themselves in the past. Also there's Colin Cowherd

No
1. You should only root for schools you personally attended
2. You should only root for the pro teams based in the area/state where you grew up
There are no exceptions to these rules

I was born in Ohio while my dad attended tOSU. So I usually root for them in NCAA football, because my university doesn't have a team. But I only root for Carolina sports teams because I didn't start watching pro sports until 15 years after we moved to NC. Used to follow the Redskins because we lived in DC for a time but, my heart wasn't in it so I dropped them. Can't follow too many teams. I'll stick with the Panthers, Hornets, Hurricanes, and tOSU.

>tfw Yankees, Rangers, Rutgers, and Jets fan

I'll let you guess why

This. If you root for a team outside of your state or next closest state you're basically saying you hate where you were raised

trust me its worst being a ducks fan in broons country when the only players they know are chara and tim thomas and call me a bandwagoner

Being a sports fan is supposed to be crippling agony. Glory hunting fuckers, just get out of Sup Forums

do Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne still play for the Ducks?

no and no

Elite players though

I grew up mainly in Los angeles, Boston, and went to college at Alabama (i went to highschool junior senior year in Alabama and stayed in state) I've lived a bunch of places growing up however

My dad was in the military. So now I root for the patriots/celtics, lakers/49ers and Alabama.

Get this one:
Parents are from Madrid Spain they are huge Real fans. So am I. Go to El Classico in Madrid every year.

They moved to Dallas, TX where I was born. Cowboy’s fan

I went to school in Mass so become a Red Sock’s fan

Studied abroad in London unironically became a Arsenal fan

I like Tx Rangers and Mavs Basketball too (Dallas)

My undergrad college’s team is top 10 in basketball/baseball sometimes football too

both those guys are retired and nearing 50. what year do you think this is?

>go to el classico every year.
>classico
load of shite, also stop being a faggot who supports two football teams

>tfw a Georgia fan
>tfw a Cowboys fan
>tfw a Spurs fan
>tfw a Stars fan
>tfw an Oakland Athletics fan

What am I?

It’s worse if you are a new yorker and you like the teams that aren’t the yankees, Giants, rangers or knicks.

>”oh your a hockey fan?”
>”you like henrik lundqvist or derick jeter?”

Every fucking time

unironically warriors and real madrid fan here

Millennials are the worst type of sports fan. They pick their teams a la carte because you can watch every team play on TV now instead of only getting your local team on TV like it was in the past. So now you have idiots who are Red Sox/Packers/Spurs/Penguins fans.

>From DFW
>visited uncles in Georgia, became a fan then

>got a David Robinson jersey when I was 7 years old

>got baseball cards when I was 7, first one was Dave Stewart when he was on the A's

This is fucking retarded.

I'm a Clemson fan; always have been. I come from a Clemson family. I did not go to Clemson because they did not offer the degree I wanted, and instead went to Presbyterian College, an FCS school (I do cheer for PC only in basketball).

Likewise, I am a Panthers fan and a Hornets fan, but I am a Nashville Predators fan because I'm not going to cheer for a team all the way in Raliegh just because they claim to be my home team. I cheer for the Red Sox because I don't like the Braves and my city's baseball team is a Red Sox affiliate. Before the Hornets came back, I was a Celtics fan because I liked their mascot and didn't give a single cold shit about the Bobcats.

I should mention the reason I support Nashville is because my mom's family is from Tennessee.

I am a loyal Real Madrid customer of almost 10 years now. I have watched every game since Ronaldo joined.

I don't understand people that are like "my dad went to X school so I am a fan" but the worst are the "I studied abroad for 4 months so naturally I am a fan of X euro team"

motherfucker, sports fandom requires years of living in an area to get acclimated to the ups and downs of the city, the culture, the history, etc. It's mostly just pain

ameriplastics lmao

So are you saying an American shouldn’t be a fan of any soccer or abroad team?

If so wouldn’t you think they would become a fan if they lived that town for some time and came back and wanted to keep up with the team

Or nah?

>devoting your life to other people who play sports and don't know you exist

You're a bridge and tunnel goomba shitter

Grew up in anaheim, and I get shit from doyer and kangz fans in anaheim as well, I at least like the lakers, and its the only thing that shuts up the LA fuckbois

cringe op

>all these autists justifying their bandwagoning

My sides, most reddit thread on Sup Forums in a month

Remember the good old days when Sup Forums used to call Lebron, Brady and their fans out for their pussy faggotry instead of sucking them off?

I moved from New Mexico to Nor Cal when I was 8 years old. Which teams am I supposed to like?

What if you hate where you were raised?

>You should only root for the pro teams based in the area/state where you grew up
This. It's why as somebody from Pennsylvania, America I root for America's Team

then you are a faggot

At least I get to cheer for good teams.

>2. You should only root for the pro teams based in the area/state where you grew up

That's the secondary option, the first option is always to root for your father/family's team. I don't live in the same state my family's from, but I root for my father's team. It is ACCEPTABLE to dump your father/family's team and pick a team from your region.

At least those are the rules in the rest of world, where we don't have franchises or barely any bandwagon, because everyone instinctively follow those rules.

i grew up in ny with a patriots bandwagoner. he was an annoying ginger who wore neo sunglasses to school. never saw him again after high school for 12 years...until last year, i saw him on fucking tv at a jets game smiling after the patrtios scored a fucking touchdown. at least he's a dedicated bastard.

Maybe he likes the patriots because he is a real American who will die to protect the constitution, you commie bastard. Ever thought about that, huh?

>tfw I live in the midwest, but have spent a lot of time with family in New England so I get to be both a Vikings and Patriots fan

also
>not having an NFC and AFC team so that you may end up seeing them in your ultimate super bowl

It's looking pretty good for me, dudes.

>Presbyterian college

>playing Madden
>they pick the Patriots

Patriots fans are mostly libcuck massholes. Also Warriors fans despite their name are all beta soyboys.

The only reason why I hate the Warriors was because of that stupid commercial they would run on ESPN or TNT where it's like "Warrrrrriors, WARRRRRRRRRRRRIORS"

>caring about a persons choice of team that he supports

I'm Catholic. Can I root for Notre Dame, even though i am not an alumnus?

I dunno I'm a Detroit Pistons fan because I just liked playing as them as a kid in pic related video game. It has stuck over the years and now I'm just a normal fan even though I'm from the deep south and have never even been to Detroit.

You don't really need a reason to become a fan. Though I agree bandwagoners are annoying, they're just something you deal with.

>tf
>tp

ofc since India has to go out-of-continent for elite team sports

>Red Sock’s fan
You type like such a spic

a whore

Another Steelers fan! Here we go Steelers here we go!

>my university doesn't have a team
Too bad. Should have factored that into your application.
Just admit you couldn't get into Clemson bud
You're free to pick, it's based on when you got into sports
I don't care what happens in the jungles of South America, we're talking about the civilized world
No
>Though I agree bandwagoners are annoying
Then why'd you choose to become one?

>implying my life is so empty I listen to what retards on the internet tell me

>try to talk about sporting loyalty

>leagues are made up of """"""franchises"""""""

Not across leagues like that. Had a friend who did this with the NFL. He was a Cowboys fan, supposedly because he's am Emmitt Smith fan, then became a Packers fan when they won, even though his family is from Michigan (LP) and then he became a Bucs fan when they were good for half an hour, and me and my Dolphins fan friend of his since elementary school trolled him and he has not tried to be some other fan. Near thing when Hernandez went to New England I think.

>I don't care what happens in the jungles of South America, we're talking about the civilized world

That's exactly how it works outside 56%stan, everywhere

Being a fan of whatever fucking shitty team just happens to be in your regional zone is absolute pleb tier

Having an understanding and appreciation of the game and it's players and their history and deciding which team is your favorite and sticking with it is patrician

Works like that here too. I'm from Boston but root for the Cowboys because I grew up watching them with my dad (He's Brazilian so he kinda just picked them randomly)

I live in Tampa now. There's no way I'd root for the Bucs lmao

So you have to follow shitty teams or you are a "bandwagoner"? Fuck that and fuck you. I hated football all my life, but decided to give it a shot in 2012. I started watching Alabama and found that they were really good. I enjoy watching things done at a high level. I would not enjoy watching a team with one or two good players and a bunch of schlubs and a different coach every other year who win half their games. Fuck you.

Absolute waste of quads. Consider suicide for such an abhorrent post.

No. Get fucked faggot.

>hurr durr my team sucks therefore I'm a true fan and that somehow takes away from you.

bandwagon af

>Moved to the Twin Cities from Iowa
>Assumed everyone would be Vikings fans
>Shocked at the number of MN born and raised types I know who root for the Packers

The Vikings and Packers fans have so much hate for each other that I most of the shit I might otherwise get for being a Bears fan

He's a fan of the division

>being a "fan" of a foreign team

If it's completely foreign sports just follow the damn sport you aint got to place fandom on it you weirdos. Imagine actually using such a loose justification as "oh i was here for arbitrary time so I support team I have no connection to" fucking kys yourselves

You're a pathetic bandwagon stop trying to justify yourself

>don't really watch football but like the Pats because I like watching them the most
>Warriors fan because I'm from NorCal
>don't care about college football at all

I don't need to justify myself. I enjoy watching things done at a high level. If this team sucked, I probably wouldn't watch, because who wants to watch a shit team play? Eat shit faggot.

What's wrong with liking a certain sport a big deal and taking an interest in foreign leagues as a side? Not me with soccer/football but with baseball or hockey I'm interested in foreign leagues and therefore I'll pick a team to follow and stick with it.
Are you 12? Or a middle school girl? Either way, that's what you sound like. I worry for Gen Z's """fan""" culture coming up.

This is why foreigners hate Americans.

>implying the opinions of foreign trash matter to a single person anywhere

I literally never even applied to Clemson for the reasons I already said, but I got into Tulane, Vanderbilt, and St. Andrews, so I'm sure I would have gotten into Clemson considering some of the bottomfeeders in my high school who did.

ITT autists complain about other people enjoying sports