What is the best sport for a casual to play pickup games in and why is it Basketball?

What is the best sport for a casual to play pickup games in and why is it Basketball?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/waMpCTFaiyA?t=26
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because you cant be exposed
you just run with your man and if you happen to get the ball, just pass it to another guy

>just pass it to another guy
and you get known as the "team player" guy. most /comfy/ way to win

>implying a casual can dribble
>implying a casual can shoot

soccer is first, then football (assuming it's touch/flag football), and then basketball is third

Nah, dribbling a soccer ball is harder. Hell in basketball you don't even need to dribble. I'd go

1. Bball because you can play defense, pass and rebound
2. Football because you can block and tackle
3. baseball because you might get lucky swinging
4. Soccer
5. Hockey because skating is hard for normies

slow pitch softball

Actually no
When I first tried basketball, I couldn't go for 5 seconds without getting called a double dribble by my friends
When I first tried football (that's soccer for you) I couldn't shoot very strong but atleast I could enjoy playing the game

Table tennis

soccer if you're a manlet
basketball if you're a lanklet

You don't have to dribble. There are guys making millions in the NBA who stand in the corner most of the time on offense.

Bowling is the correct answer though because it's funny when people suck instead of frustrating.

You can only throw so many gutter balls before it stops being fun.

Weight lifting duh
Or wrastlin

>1. Soccer because everyone understands it and there is no basic soccer skill that is difficult - for most casuals just kicking the ball ahead and running after it is sufficient "dribbling", and anyone can kick a ball to pass or shoot.
>2. Basketball because you can get away with not dribbling, and the rest is really easy.
>3. Football because blocking and tackling is easy, but throwing isn't and catching while being covered is not.
>4 baseball because you won't get lucky swinging unless you're playing girls under 7-years-old.
>5. Hockey because skating is impossible unless you've been taught, and if you can't skate you can't do anything else. Not even play goal.

Honourable Mention:
>Downhill skiing - if you're an adult and have never skied, just the fear alone, fear of sliding down a mountain full of rocks, trees, and cliffs, can prevent you from learning. pic related.
>Lacrosse - it's tricky, but not too difficult to learn how to chuck the ball.
>Chess - it's a sport and easy enough to learn, just not easy to win.

did he die?

If you have a sense of humor you can roll gutter balls forever and still enjoy yourself and entertain others. Otherwise there's bumpers or the ramp or rolling it with two hands.

Right but thats still not that fun, you can make that argument about any sport. The sense of humour applies to everything

>You can shoot 35 on every hole in golf and still enjoy yourself and entertain others
>You can miss the net with every kick in soccer and still enjoy yourself and entertain others
>You can get pinned in wrestling every time and still enjoy yourself and entertain others

99% of the fun of bowling is just having some beers and chilling with your friends while you a throw a ball at some pins. The activity is secondary. The only people who get super serious about bowling are autists.

he has never played backyard/beach cricket. All others require a decent sized field

youtu.be/waMpCTFaiyA?t=26

I think he has one of those parachute glider things

And basketball is hard for casuals. If you play against actual competition, they will expose you quick. You are pretty much a non threat offensively and a weakness defensively

Basketball is the best pickup sport for actually playing the game (unlike things like sand volleyball, cornhole, bowling etc where the activity is usually secondary to drinking/having fun). That is UNLESS you are on the same team as
>The dude who thinks he's the reincarnation of Steph Curry and just chucks the ball at will from any range
>The dude who thinks he's Kobe and always drives hard, basically never passes, and takes dumbass ultra-contested shots
>The faggots who call fouls for every tiny bit of contact like its the NBA
The 20% of games where you get none of those basketball is the GOAT pickup sport.

this

also hood guy are cool as fuck even if you suck. white kids can be little faggots sometimes

you spelt 'cricket in your cousin's cul-de-sac in the late afternoon, using yellow plastic stumps and a tennis ball' wrong

>a pickup game that lasts a week

if your syrup-addled brain can't manage to concentrate for a mere 5 days you're a child

football

not a sport

The first time I played bowling I got a strike on my first chance. Bowling is completely the best for casuals

are you mentally challenged? or physically

For me, it's Badminton.
Joined a local club and it's full of qts. I pair up with a girl for doubles and offer to cover the back line and just stand and watch her jump around at the net.