>proceed to slowly clap
>someone lunges at me from 6 rows
>stabs me in the scalp with a licensed butter knife
>slowly die in my rental cinema blanket
>mfw

wew

>rental cinema blanket didnt come with a protective helmet
Fucking eurotrash theater

they're going to charge your family for the dry-cleaning deadanon.

>licensed butter knife
Kek

Do Americans really clap after watching a movie at the cinema?

TECHNICALLY you're supposed to clap the entire way through.
It's in the constitution. but you know...things change.

you mean you don't?
How else are you supposed to show your appreciation for the effort that goes into movies?

If I'm gonna pay the additional price for the singles tax, I'm sure as fuck gonna clap to get my money's worth

I live in NYC and most theaters have traded the traditional applause for a 1-3 minute chant of "USA, USA, USA". A Euro was in the theater and joined in, but he actually forgot to remove his hat as they raised the flag. It was cringeworthy beyond belief. I was actually so afraid for his safety that I was trembling

No joke, I have been to like 4-5 movies where the audience clapped at the end.

None of the movies deserved it.

Wait is the blanket thing a real thing in euro cinéma? Is it just a few select countries that this is normal in? I think my friend mentioned something about it in France?

In most movie viewings in my area in the West coast, you get applause 4-5 times per film. Thank God most of the theaters actually edit the comedy films to add a pause after the funniest parts. Sometimes these low life scum go past the allotted 10 seconds for the applause break

Does your theater have an actual flag pole?? The ones around here just put an image up on the screen of the flag waving while the national anthem plays. Seems more cost efficient, No ?

reporting this post for lack of kinopatriotism enjoy your eternal ban.

Had something similar happen to me in the west, some goddamn tourist started screaming and shouting his lungs out after we started launching fireworks at the halftime movie check point. We managed to calm him down after 5 minutes, but the manager had to pause the movie. 15 minutes later he's screaming about carbon monoxide or some crap. At that point we collaboratively removed him and his stupid kids playing dead from the theater. Everyone clapped as they got shoved out the door.
>Fucking Europoors

>uh oh
>gotta take a whiz

Fucking immigrants dude. I'm not allowed to say that their turban makes me uncomfortable on a flight, but they can bitch all they want about the releasing of the trained bald eagle into the theater to prevent people from using their cell phones.

Like, your fucking bright screens are ruining the movie experience. Your texts to Syria can fucking wait

New Zealanders clap after a movie at the cinema
Only yurocucks are emotionaless fucks

Honestly though we new Zealanders mostly clap just to scare off the wild Emus that always seem to find their way into the theater

>watch movie in Europe
>*vroom vrooooooooom*
>car crashes through wall of theater
>"Allahu ackbar!"
>muslim man jumps out and starts stabbing everyone
>I don't know what to do so I start clapping

>This whole thread

Those Avant garde films are fucking weird

0/10 would not clap

>go to theater in europe
>no screen
>the staff stand up in front of the audience and start shouting something european
>probably an apology since they never showed a movie

On the plus side, everybody started clapping when the apology ended, so I felt comfortable about that

I went to see an early showing of power rangers and I wish I could tell you all my thoughts but I couldn't hear anything after the opening credits. Everyone clapped for the title screen (it was pretty emotional, to be honest) and every time the clapping started to die down somebody would start clapping again. Of course the rest of us couldn't turn down being part of a clapping but it was just a vicious cycle.

It was really fun though so I give the experience a 8/10

- cheap visuals
- cheesey plot
+ Great claps

Oh man, I bet the blood moppers had a hell of a time cleaning up after that many chapped hands

Coming from someone who worked in an American theaters fried Oreo stand, I definitely didn't envy the biohazard crew. Always understaffed and overworked