Been a NEET for 2 years after highschool

>Been a NEET for 2 years after highschool
>Kept getting demotivated by Sup Forums and /r9k/, and really every other board I used pushing the "You will never get a job, don't even bother trying" meme
>Spruced up my resume and cover letter using online resources
>Decided I wanted to make a positive change and started searching for a job online
>35 sent resumes, 7 or 8 interviews later got job from a decent company making a fair bit above minimum wage with some room to grow
>Learning a ton and actually improving my social skills by the week

Why does Sup Forums push the idea that finding a job is impossible? I'm literally a skill less ex-NEET making almost $16/hr now.

shut the FUCK up you staggeringly retarded canadian CUNT

>living in canada
>thinks he cant find a job

some parts of Sup Forums are an incredibly toxic place.
Even more so Sup Forums and /r9k/.

It's best to move on OP from them, you've outgrown those boards. You don't need them anymore.

holy fuck just kill yourself already

Thank you I think you are right

What? Why would I do that?

>poopaly

Kys fucking normie

Jobs are everywhere especially if you're the superior intellect self deluded boards like r9k and pol claim to be. They say that shit because theyre 1. Jealous 2. Terrified
Also many of them are unironically severely mentally ill

Do you think it's mostly roleplaying or actual though?

I think it is a hug box for pathetic individuals rationalizing their refusal to grow up

Failing for the wagecuck and job meme is the r9k equivalent of feminine penis on b or even bothering to read any words following an Australian flag on int

Don't fall for the memes lads

Makes sense fella. Anyway it's a great feel, getting a job where you actually matter really makes me feel a lot better.

I went through the same. Felt like a real pice of shit bottomed out after 10 months of being a /neet/ after I quit a dead end warehouse job for a meme company.

Took temp work 3rd shift manually loading trucks in fucking frigid winter (I practically live on the Canadian border) bust my ass and hate my life. Honest estimate would be 95% of my fellow Temps are inner city dindus and non English speaking Asians out of China and taiwan. 75% total are dindus. They don't do shit and jokingly rib me for busting my ass. Temp agency gets word I'm doing good sends me to machining gig. Another year of busting my ass I'm making 45k a year working 3 12 hour shifts a week. Working sucks but when you prove yourself and get to the point where you need to use your brain it is strangely rewarding. Rent a small house buy a car become self confident get laid often

Wasnt right for me though. 4 day weekends with a decent amount of disposable income lead me to severe alcoholism and sex addiction. I'd just drink and watch Netflix or play video games when I wasnt rawdawging some girl I hardly know.

Nearing the end of the line very rapidly

Explain to me how you write a cover letter.

Look up a template online and just modify it for your needs, that's what I did. Do you not know how to Google? You basically just tell them about why you're suited for the position you're applying for while kind of paraphrasing the skills you have on your resume.

how many hours you work on average every month?

how much are your expenses monthly?

Uh.... not sure how to respond.

~160 or so hours and I live with my parents so really

In Italy it's impossible to get a good paying job if you don't have a degree, completely different from American countries

why dont you move out? it would be too expensive?

>Look up a template online and just modify it for your needs, that's what I did. Do you not know how to Google?
Just pick one randomly or what? There are thousands of them.

How long is it supposed to be anyway?

desu you just have to show that you are motivated for the job and you want to do your best and even improve on it etc.

It's really good to see people on this website getting their shit together. I think too mamy get lost in the memeing.

I like to save money I guess senpai. Eventually I will though, especially since that would help a lot with getting a better paying job and offset some of the costs.

Right now all I pay is my gym membership, cellphone bill and car insurance/gas as a constant expenses

**not my post, but I saved it because useful**

Good cover letters require:
1) Clear structure
2) The appearance of being custom- research the fucking firm
3) Sell yourself in a manner that links in with the role
4) DON'T FUCK UP GRAMMAR OR SPELLING
5) Make sure you format it professionally
6) Please address it to the correct person or department
7) SELL.YOURSELF.

p1: about you

p2: why you want to work for the company

p3: why youd be a good fit for the job

they dont have to be long paragraphs either

keep it simple, since youre probably going to be writing a lot.

>>Spruced up my resume and cover letter using online resources
Is my English bad or does this mean 'lied on my CV' in your language too?

>Why does Sup Forums push the idea that finding a job is impossible?

If people believe it they don't feel bad about not trying.

Here's my template user.

1- Where I got their offer, or why I feel I may be of use to them. Include the referrals here.
2 - One or two drawn-out sentences about admiring their firm without overdoing it but enough that tney know it's customized. Also specify a departement.
3 - Quality one (for mine, I focus on explaing why I have X quality from education)
4 - Quality two (for mine, I focus on explaing why I have X quality from past work experience)
5- Quality three (for mine, I focus on explaing why I have X quality from ECs)

It works decently well, but then again that might be from being in France.

>go to college
>smoke weed and drink and play vidya and also study sometimes
>get computer engineering degree
>get job making 90k+/yr
>all I do is play with computers all day
I'm white btw

Larp?

No, just mildly talented and incredibly lucky

Uh good work I guess

Thanks.
>education
>past work experience