How do we make a good film adaptation of an Ito Junji manga?

how do we make a good film adaptation of an Ito Junji manga?

should be like Un Chien Andalou

I find the stories are always shit, they just have a couple of panels of interesting imagery. The best course of action would be for a solid horror writer to hire him as a creative consultant for the visual aspects of a movie.

So

either a real cheesy gyo adaption with good effects
or a tv adaption of spiral

>Ito Junji
>good
You don't.

it should star scarlett johansson

but seriously, i think gregg araki should do it. does he know japanese?

Please no. I would laugh my ass off at people screaming IIIITTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the cinema though.

it needs to be david lynch.

Whichever one they adapt, make sure they rewrite the ending, cause Ito can't write them for shit.

Uzumaki already had a film

fucking this, and the endings are always a let down.

i got three words for you, fuckers.

Drr

drr

drr

This thread is cancer

C H E C K

Quads of truth

why do you guys always want adaptations of shit that functions perfectly well in its own medium?

What if some guy just came along and dumped Ito manga?

why does every single thing need a film adaptation

best Ito chapter was that additional bonus chapter at the end of Gyo, where people go into humanoid shaped holes and end up getting stretched. Really scary and interesting concept

because 10 year olds from Sup Forums and Sup Forums who only watch capeshit incorrectly think they are welcome to post here

i dont know if its the same guy but i liked that episode of the school teleporting to the future and have to figure out how to survive.

every time it's like having blue balls

Does he do it on purpose or is he just shit?

what?

If you want super scary shit, you came to the wrong place. Ito's style is always campy horror / horror comedy like the old twilight zone series.

All of his stories are the same

>Introduce interesting premise/monster
>Heighten suspense as monster grows more threatening to protag
>Story ends before climax or without a satisfying conclusion

this.

Junji Ito is a hack. None of his works is scary or artistic, he's just an autistic paranoid faggot. The gimmick of every little thing around you is a ghost is the most banal japshit gimmick I've ever seen in my entire life, are gooks truly autistic?

Compare this faggot to Lucio Fulci. Fulci was an artist, his horror, stories with the lack of antagonists, is an allegory to the omnipresence of suffering on earth. His imagery delivers this message. Ito's horror, it has nothing of value. It's meaningless vulgar bottom of the barrel schlock for 10 year olds. Don't mention the name of this faggot hack on this kino board ever again.

Nobody reading I guess so I'll stop here.
Hope you liked these two shorts

>this is the chair my dad used to haunt my mom until she's crazy
>want me to make one for you?

Nah people are reading, there's just not really much point in replying to every post.

Want more?

I'm reading.

I like his continuing short stories about the kid who 'married' a monster lady thing.

Why did they need to live in the chair after she met chairman? That can't have been practical. Also that guy that said Ito's endings were shit was right, unless this was intentional comedy.

Wrong

The total opposite the endings are perfect

Faggots like you expect some wrap up or happy ending, Junjo itos stuff is so much more disturbing because it usually just ends with no resolution whatsoever

Case in point The Neighbours Window

Ito is good but I think his endings can be kinda lakcluster. Sometimes it feels that his stories don't really have an ending, but he just had to stop somewhere.

I think the problem is that he walks a fine line between being traditional horror and weird fiction. The difference is that in weird fiction what's important is the sense of "wrongness" that can't really be explained, while horror always delves into an explanation. Ito does that sometimes, tries to explain the source of the horrors in stories that don't need it, and that's why some of his stories feel kinda off, while others that stick to being weird, like amigara fault orzumaki are very successful at being creepy.

Most people actually want a more horrifying ending.

It's kinda of lackluster to end say the one you posted with just "The house is living and the window is moving closer". And the main character even says it himself "We're probably going to move". That seems like a pretty big resolution. Not really scary when the "threat" doesn't actually ever do anything and the solution is to simply just leave.

I haven't read all of his work mostly because I was kinda always dissapointed with the endings, so I still haven't come across these two

I've always found that the fact most protagonists in his stories don't seem to be THAT bothered or scared by what's going on makes it even more fucked up

I personally find it really unsettling, though I will agree when you have longer stories like spiral conclude without a proper resolution it can be a bit disappointing