Walking around main street playing pokemon go with a few friends

>walking around main street playing pokemon go with a few friends
>work all day, different shifts so only time we can play together is at night
>cop pulls up
>"I don't give a shit if you're playing your stupid ass game you can't be running around here at night bothering people and getting me involved.
>no law/ rule about a curfew or running around town
>literally just walking around talking and collecting

Why are cops such dicks Sup Forums ?

Make me not give a fuck if they die anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3134496/Maryland-free-range-family-2nd-neglect-case-cleared.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are you playing a children's game?

How many children have smartphones?

That photo looks like the cops are participating in whatever shenanigans the civilians are up to.

A ton of them. If you had left your house before pokemon go came out you would have noticed such things

Pic's only semi related.

From a news article where the cops joined them.

I don't hang out around elementary schools.

Apparently you don't go to airports, restaurants, supermarkets, or walk down the street either.

Way too many

so you frolicking about bothering a neighborhood with your immature mates yelling about anime characters, and were meant to be upset someone wanted you to shut the fuck up?

You're going home you fucking fag!

Most of them just get their parents old phones when they get a new one.

>Why are cops such dicks Sup Forums ?

Don't insult the police force for doing their jobs. KEEP THE DEGENERATES OF THE STREETS!

Don't act like a child and you won't be scolded like a child, OP

Sure, let's make walking around in public and doing a non threatening thing illegal.
Sure isn't a slippery slope.

Too busy with Pokemon Go to notice.
The issue with these manchildren, you see, is their attention span is incredibly short. Society then keeps them being children and encourages autistic behavior.

You degenerate need to be beaten by our morally conscious pardo brazilian men.

we're you disturbing the peace or otherwise being a nigger?

They probably kept getting calls about a gang of kids wandering around after dark on people's property.

im glad you agree

Dude you know everyone here wants to have the cool unpopular opinion. All your gonna get is 6' 190lb 8in cock chaxs answering your thread

He should've tazed you for playing a child's game. Grow up faggot

happened a few years ago to me. the cops said that there was a town statute saying that we couldn't loiter after businesses were closed.

We actually looked it up and could find nothing, the next night he did the same thing and we were as polite as we could be, but firm. Eventually the cop went into his car for about half an hour and eventually emerged to tell us that we were basically right, but that it "wasn't a good idea to be out loitering anywhere late at night."

there is no point to being a dick to the police, they are just working a job too like everybody else.

>Cops pull up
>Illegally stop you
>Illegally tell you to leave
>Actually comply

'Murka.

JUST COMPY NIGGAS. WHY DON'T THEY JUST COMPY?

I guess that's what these hugboxes and safe spaces gets us. People have no shame anymore. If I went frolicking around with a few other 30-somethings I'd feel ashamed of myself

>there is no point to being a dick to the police, they are just working a job too like everybody else.

>American mentality

How the fuck do you end your post on that conclusion, when the gist of your post is that the cop you dealt with more or less sent you away, in public, illegally and when you confronted him with the fact that he did so, he reluctantly told you you were right, but said really you'd best fuck off anyway.

>N-no point i-in being a d-dick to the nice g-gentlemen that viol-lated m-my rights
>v-violating my r-rights is his j-job, you know..

Knicca what?

>If I went frolicking around with a few other 30-somethings I'd feel ashamed of myself

Why do Americans hate fun?

There's no point being a dick to them, but they absolutely feel like they can be a dick to anyone else for any reason

cops have carte blanche to enforce rules that don't actually exist and the only way you'll ever get justice is if you have tens of thousands of dollars to buy a lawyer.

How many children are allowed to run around vast distances in order to play a game on their phone? it's the original 150 for a reason. The game is geared at millennials who's childhood revolved around pokemon. this is a nostalgic childhood dream for many of us, and it gets us moving and out of the house.

>How many children are allowed to run around vast distances in order to play a game on their phone?

Lmao, I sometimes forget that Americans don't let their children explore their own neighborhoods, parks and towns before they get their drivers license...

This Pokemon GO hype is giving me a new view into American society at large, and it's hilarious.

Not at all. Apparently someone called the cops because people were just walking around.

It sucks but it's true.

I've seen 0 kids playing this it's all adults.

They can't illegally tell you to stop or illegally tell you to leave. They can stop you and ask you questions and you are "free to go" unless they state they are detaining you. Typically they won't tell you until you ask if you are free to go. That's how they get you to stop. Perfectly legal.

But you are right. God damn bootlickers always saying to comply. The best thing to do in this situation is to not comply, leave, and then wait until they are gone. No, the best thing to do is chimp out and reach for their gun.

I go grocery shopping when kids are in school to avoid your wife's son that you can't control.

I live in a college town as well.

>the cop you dealt with more or less sent you away, in public, illegally

What the fuck do you know about our laws Dutch boy? They can't "illegally" tell you to leave. They can tell you to leave and if you are dumb enough to leave that's fine. If you say "No, I don't have to leave." There isn't shit they can do unless someone actually called and complained about whatever it is you are doing or there is a "no loitering" in effect in that area.

Sup Forums is for adults
fuck off please

What do you do for fun?

Cruising down the street playin Pokemon go
Haven't showered yet, either have my bros
Go to the park to get the scoop, neighborhood betas all don't approve.

I'm a mailman and I keep seeing working age millenials running around glued to their phones looking for Pokémon.

During work hours... Get a job you fucking bums

> a curfew

Children have curfews, why aren't you respecting your curfew? Why are you trying to upset your parents?

Same is true in Europe. Let your white children run around and they are likely to get raped by Ahkmed.

This isn't the 1960s anymore. Don't be delusional thinking in certain Urban areas it is fine to just send kids out exploring. No, this is only okay if you actually live in a good neighborhood.

It's all beta cuck nu-males and other millennial faggots.

>ban it from the holocaust museum you filthy stinking goyim!!!!

>That's how they get you to stop. Perfectly legal.

Still a violation of your rights, because the fact that they talk to you at all in uniform, making stern requests is an implicit way of projecting their authority. Also, in the post I was referring to the cop said the following:
>>"I don't give a shit if you're playing your stupid ass game you can't be running around here at night bothering people and getting me involved.

That's basically an order to leave.

>God damn bootlickers always saying to comply.
Because you'd risk violence commited upon your person because you'd be 'resisting' or some shit, right?

>The best thing to do in this situation is to not comply, leave, and then wait until they are gone. No, the best thing to do is chimp out and reach for their gun.

Why not just politely ask him on what grounds you need to leave?

Why are you posting pretty much the same thing twice? And why are you defending police abuse of power?

>Americano's
lmao.

Not everyone works the same hours as you bro.

>Why are cops such dicks Sup Forums ?
>Make me not give a fuck if they die anymore.

He said
>"I don't give a shit if you're playing your stupid ass game you can't be running around here at night bothering people and getting me involved."

It's not his fault that people are calling the cops on you. If he gets a call he has to respond and deal with the problem as a civil servant.

>Same is true in Europe. Let your white children run around and they are likely to get raped by Ahkmed.

Great memes. Meanwhile in the US.
>Be at park with kids
>Mile away from home
>Go home to start dinner
>Tell kids to be home before X time, and walk home by themselves
>Cops see kids walking home by themselves
>Pick up kids
>Take kids downtown
>Child Protective Services are called
>Parents are convicted for neglect

>This isn't the 1960s anymore. Don't be delusional thinking in certain Urban areas it is fine to just send kids out exploring. No, this is only okay if you actually live in a good neighborhood.

So you basically live in a good neighborhood, OR a totalitarian regime? That's pretty hilarious.

>I don't give a shit if you're playing your stupid ass game

Is this how the police talk to you in America??

So why be a dick about it?

>It's not his fault that people are calling the cops on you. If he gets a call he has to respond and deal with the problem as a civil servant.

No he doesn't, you fucking imbecile.. If he gets a call from citizens about something that isn't illegal, he should say 'stop bothering me, I have fucking work to do you fucking imbeciles'.

all cops need is reasonable suspicion to stop someone. IF you see some people outside walkiung/running around that is out of the norm and would make any reasonable officer that something is wrong and they proactively go after it.

I was surprised to. Never had a coo talk to me like that even when I get pulled over.

Because fuck you. Your an adult playing fucking Pokemon. Let that sink in, an adult playing Pokemon.

LAND OF THE FREE

>meanwhile in Russia
>drinking in park at night with squat friends
>cops rolls in
>join, drinks together

Comfy as fuck.

Your an adult on an anime board. Let that sink in.

>all cops need is reasonable suspicion to stop someone.
Stopping someone isn't the same as telling them they 'can't be here', user.
>IF you see some people outside walkiung/running around that is out of the norm
>people walking outside is out of the Norm in the US
Do you usually walk indoors only?
>and would make any reasonable officer that something is wrong and they proactively go after it.

And when he finds out those 'suspicious' people are merely autists catching Pokemanz, he should assert his authority to tell the autists that 'I don't give a fuck about your stupid ass game, you can't be here at night!1'

Great society you've got there m80.

>all these bootlickers ITT

Truly oppresive. How do you guys cope?

>Implying that even happened

I can't believe people like faggot OP are acceptable in society

What went wrong?

Dear Pokemon Go players.

Get your Reddit nu-male stink off Nintendo's brand.

I invested too much money into the WiiU to have people as pathetic as you cuck me.

Cop life sucks I guess and you're always on edge since you have to deal with niggers pretty much 24/7.

Dispatch gets the call and relays it to an officer. so he can't directly talk to the person that called in unless they physically met.

This is all kind of a grey area. Citizen is not doing anything illegal, but the cop isn't threatening arrest or anything just suggesting they cut it out. I'm not going to berate the police or say OP is in the wrong.

There are some who are dicks or don't understand that doing something odd is not cause for suspicion of doing something illegal.

The thing is our cops have a lot of autonomy, so if they are mistaken about the legality of a thing, they are usually prepared to bring you in for it without checking the legality of the thing with their superiors.

I don't about him, maybe he has 2 tabs open, but I'm on a political board instead of the anime one.

How black are you?

You realize your country is seriously .4% the size of the US, right? I'm sure yours has bad neighborhoods as well. Many parts in the US are perfectly fine and children can roam and play safely.

The last part of your post is a non-sequitur.

Don't watch anime, this is Sup Forums an 18+ board. Not to mention in my miniscule knowledge of anime, most of it is geared towards adults. 4Chins is also one of the last bastions of free speech on the internet. Pokemon go is well, Pokemon outside.

Not at all but my friends were.. Oh fuck.

By the look of your flag you are already cucked my friend.

>Dispatch gets the call and relays it to an officer. so he can't directly talk to the person that called in unless they physically met.

So dispatch should be telling people to not bother them with bs, or the cop should relay that to dispatch upon discovering that nothing is up but a few autists catching imaginairy creatures.

>This is all kind of a grey area.
Nothing grey about it m8..

>Citizen is not doing anything illegal, but the cop isn't threatening arrest or anything just suggesting they cut it out.

"you can't be here" is not a suggestion to cut it out, user. It was a suggestion on the second encounter, after they confronted the cop with the lack of grounds for his request.. The first night however, it was de-facto an order.

>am I being detained?
No??? Then leave, you have every right man.

>Russian law are strict but not mandatory
Actually there is laws against public drinking now and they are enforced. Sometimes. Acquaintance of mine (barely known to me) were caught these summer. We are strolling in the city center and they drank beer in the open, get arrested and fined. If you want to drink fool proof in the public now you better pour alcohol in non alcohol package.

>You realize your country is seriously .4% the size of the US, right?
You realise not everyone gets geography at the level of hte US, right?
> I'm sure yours has bad neighborhoods as well.
Not really. Not like the US does, anyway.
>Many parts in the US are perfectly fine and children can roam and play safely.
No doubt. Which is why it's absurd that parents are convicted of neglect for letting their children do so..

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3134496/Maryland-free-range-family-2nd-neglect-case-cleared.html

The case got eventually thrown out, but it's still an utterly surreal situation..
>Having kid walk home a mile from the park is criminal neglect
>Having those kids picked up off the street by police and held by CPS for FIVE HOURS is totally fine

Lmao.

I honestly don't know. My younger brother played the hell out of Pokemon but grew out of it by 17 and picked up other hobbies which have changed over the years but, had a positive net gain. sports, work skills like masonry, carpentry or felling trees. Just blue collar beer drinking redneck fun aka work.

>Degeneracy Police

>Cop tells you to leave
>Am I being detained?
>No
>Still leave

What exactly would that achieve?

Not getting the ole' wood shampoo.

>Not really. Not like the US does, anyway

>Wat is Kanaleneiland, de Bijlmer, Schilderswijk, etc?

are you a fucking autist. A bunch of adults, if you could call them that hanging out on a street corner in the middle of the night, they could be doing any number of illegal things, the person calling the cops are probably concerned about people loitering around the place. dealing drugs or whatever

So if you refuse to comply with an order the officer is not even legally allowed to enforce, that would be reason for a beating? Seems like a fun court case, with actual brutality, instead of just a nigger claiming brutality.

Yep, autist and activists should be shot on site.

Do you even go outside?
>>Wat is Kanaleneiland,
A shitty neighborhood in Utrecht with a lot of scooter enthousiasts in it. Hardly Camden NJ tier..
>de Bijlmer,
Upcoming Amsterdam, yuppie paradise.. You do realise most of the notorious Bijlmerflats that weren't hit by airplanes were torn down in the 90s, right? I used to be in Bijlmer, ZuidOost & Gein every now and then when I still went to school in Amsterdam... It's rougher than most, but still not ACTUALLY dangerous by any standard.
>Schilderswijk, etc?
I drive through the Schilderswijk regularly... It's brown and shitty alright, but FAR from a ghetto.

Seriously, do you live in Limburg or some shit?

any1 else on this subreddit ever kill a cop? doobs and I tell my epic tale, 'tis a grand one.

>are you a fucking autist.
No, I don't play Pokemon GO.
>A bunch of adults, if you could call them that hanging out on a street corner in the middle of the night, they could be doing any number of illegal things,
But they weren't, which the cop verified.
>the person calling the cops are probably concerned about people loitering around the place.
Loitering shouldn't really be a crime though, and from OPs post I guess it isn't where he was.
>dealing drugs or whatever
Then they should be arrested for dealing drugs, rather than be sent away with no charge, user.

i see fat mexican moms walking around with their herd of 8 year olds and they all have smart phones

I explored all the time as a kid. I miss my childhood so much.
The thought that I can never have that level of enjoyment the same way ever again in my life makes me want to kill myself.
You literally grow up so that you can't enjoy things the same way ever again.

I guess that is what hell is, and you wouldn't know it was hell if you had not yet tasted paradise.

The drug war, OP. It's conditioned them to be suspicious of everyone. Turned our police into some kind of Orwellian investigative prosecutors.

Have you tried not being a felon?

Most activists should just be straight-up drawn and quartered just to scare the others off. They are literally the shit stain of society.

>STUPID GAMERS, GO OUTSIDE!
>Nintendo manages to get millions of shut-ins to get out of the house and walk around outside
>STUPID GAMERS, STAY INSIDE!

I don't even play pokemon go, but this is just silly.

It pains me to say things like this. I also understand that to really live in a free society we need to separate geographically by political ideology and the only way this will be achieved is physical removal.

I desperately want to play Pokemon GO and enjoy time with my community but I just can't justify buying a phone and setting up a plan just for that.

This will probably die out by the time I get into it anyway.

They could also be doing any number of LEGAL things.
The rules are very simple:
Breaking the law -> investigate and take them in.
Not Breaking the Law -> Leave them be.

There's nothing wrong with a cop affirming they're not doing anything illegal. But when they affirm they are not doing anything illegal, that's the end of the cop's involvement.

I'll take shit that never happened for 1000 alex

I bought a cheap ass android for it. 159$ on sale. Finally get to play all those shitty games that aren't out on windows phone. I havnt missed a thing.

Why are there no pokemon in vermillion city? :( help me Sup Forums

>tfw born in '84
>tfw my childhood existed of kids riding bikes and roaming around town 24/7 throughout the 90's
>tfw get older and barely see kids outside anymore
>kinda sad quite honestly
>2016, some shitty pokemon go game comes out that I admit my 10 year old self would have creamed over.
>suddenly there is Teenagers and kids walking all over town

I thought people stopped breeding quite honestly.