So what is the best show, Vikings or The Last Kingdom. Keep in mind that I care about historical accuracy...

So what is the best show, Vikings or The Last Kingdom. Keep in mind that I care about historical accuracy, but I also want a good story.

Other urls found in this thread:

africaresource.com/rasta/articles/the-ancient-celts-and-vikings-were-black-people-by-dr-clyde-winters/
herodotushistoryblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/20-things-the-last-kingdom-got-wrong/
herodotushistoryblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/a-historian-watches-the-first-episode-of-vikings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vikings is entertaining for the first couple of seasons. More mythical than accurate. No dragons or snow zombies tho. Never seen Last Kingdom.

If you care about historical accuracy then The Last Kingdom by an absolute mile. Vikings is embarrassing at times in that regard.

Spartacus

>Made by History Channel
>Is not historically accurate

The original author of the Saxon book series that the Last Kingdom is based on actually cared about historical accuracy although many of the characters are fictional.

The TV series naturally uses some artistic license and all the typical tropes of a medieval tv show are there, biker gear, leather straps, longswords etc. But unless you're a history sperg its easy to get past that because the story is pretty compelling, the first series was good, and this new series seems to be up to the same standard.

Overall I'd say its better than Vikings although I only saw up to about season 3?

Yeah the Vikings don't wear typically Viking gear, and Uhtred gets a somewhat long sword, which was not used back then. They look like characters from fucking Skyrim

Last Kingdom is irrefutably better in just about every way. The only people that put Vikings higher are people who haven't seen both.

I've seen both, The Last Kingdom seems a little cheap in comparison but its been awhile since i've seen it.

Yeah, don't get me started on this.

>all the characters wear bland earth toned clothing because that what tv producers think people expect the dark ages looked like even though vikings and saxons liked to wear bright colours as a sign of status
>the protagonist has to walk around with fucking excalibur
>the helmets and armour look cheap or ill fitting

Its petty stuff though mostly.

You missed Lagertha turning into a lesbian warrior queen and husbands getting cucked "because we're Viking" then. Good for you.

Ah good, it's not enough that there should be an unrealistic amount of shielfmaidens, empowered women have to be sexually promiscuous too and challenge patriarchal sexual norms to be truly liberated.

I got bored of it to be honest.

The last kingdom is better in every way imo. Better story, bettet characters, better setting and better direction. I enjoyed the first couple seasons of vikings but ive since stopped watching it. Havent watched the newest episode of TLK though

The Last Kingdom

I like Uhtred more because he used to play for Italy's national team

They're both terrible, read the books The Last Kingdom is based on, they're far superior to both.

Yes

TLK has cuter qts

>butted mail
Every time

FUCKING UHTRED REEEEEEEEE

Can you explain to a non-Native English speaker what is the difference between riveted and butted mail in a way I can understand?

Lagertha >>>>> that

pleb fuck

I've seen both and Last Kingdom is a bit one dimensional and doesn't cover any topic except nobility/running a country. Vikings becomes total shit towards the last season but the first two seasons cover so much - family, divorce, exploration, culture clash, religion, court intrigue etc

Last Kingdom has some good things going for it but let's not blow it out of proportion.

She looks like she would chop my dick

Funny you should say that.

You don't know the half of it.

She looks like a lizard woman, even her name sounds like a lizard name.

There is no historical accuracy in Vikings

Bernard Cornwell also wrote the Sharpe series.

Historical accuracy is absolutely trash, so it doesn't matter what you watch.

OE'R THE HILLS AND OE'R THE MAIN

>no black vikings in either show

This is not historically accurate!

africaresource.com/rasta/articles/the-ancient-celts-and-vikings-were-black-people-by-dr-clyde-winters/

More like "you don't know the inch of it" am I right?

If The Last Kingdom is 'historically accurate' I don't want to know what Vikings is

herodotushistoryblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/20-things-the-last-kingdom-got-wrong/

>arseling

>tfw no qt Lagarta gf

Even less historically accurate, according to your source? And that's just the first episode.

herodotushistoryblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/a-historian-watches-the-first-episode-of-vikings/

Why is it so fucking difficult to use authentic costumes? They are probably easier to find anyways, you only need to find someone who does historical reenacments and ask them to make gears for you. Also they look much better than the shitty ragged leather look that Vikings/Danes have in both shows. They look more like some kind of hunter-gatherer steppe peoples than an agrarian Iron age society.

anyone looking for historical accuracy in either of these shows is just simply a fucking idiot

>Ancient aliens
>made by history channel
>is historically accurate