Other urls found in this thread:

nflbreakdowns.com/2015/02/lynch-vs-8-box/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>need 2 yards to win SB and start a dynasty
>throw pick

That's why Wilson will never be elite

Look at this doood!

OH NO NO NO NO

No one ever talks about tyree's catch and how eli beat belichick twice. The seahawks and falcons saved their legacy with retardation

Friendly reminder that running the ball would have been a stupid idea.

>playing madden
>1st and goal from the 2
>throw it complete for td

i'm more elite than wilson

PLAY CLOCK AT FIVE

The essay of this play that autist did in the other thread was GOAT

How many years ago was that? It WAS a great catch, and it was great fun when it happened, but
a) this happened more recently
b) the Xeahawks are annoying
c) their core fans are annoying
d) 99% of their fans are bandwagonning shit bags

why are you living in the past? And the edleman catch last year...that was pretty good too.
great catches happen, it's not the only one. in the supper bowl

friendly reminder there was no one to pick up lynch o the left, pats were playing "pick play" all day and all night. Watch the vid, lynch has a free run in.

>playing Madden
>2nd and goal from the
>run it up the middle for a TD

I'm smarter than Pete Carroll

post it

Go the archive and search for
Was made last week. Also,

>going to football school
Most american thing in the world. Imagine the school shooting there lmao

>Previous snap should be a touchdown without a wonderful elite clutch tackle from Hightower
>running the ball would have been a stupid idea.

When will this meme die ?

I am that autist. And thanks d00d! But pls no bully about my football school. I was too autistic for regular university. Or as you say in your country, "collage".

>1 yard

>Wilson is 2-1 against the Pats
>53-85 (62.3)% 8TDs:1INT vs Patriots D
>made one mistake
>this is all people will remember

crazy how that works.

>made one mistake

doubt it

>Made on mistake that lead his team to lose the biggest game possible

>wins two meaningless regular season games
>loses the super bowl

Gee I wonder why people remember one over the other

I wrote my thesis in football school on this play. You can absolutely make an argument for that play. There's also an argument to be made that the reason the Patriots were able to capitalize there was BECAUSE the play made sense, so they had an idea of what the Seahawks were going to do and could counter it effectively
The first thing to remember is that the score was 28-24 New England. This is important because it means a field goal is completely off the table. The possibility of a field goal play does not exist. Seattle must score. Seattle begins their drive on their own 20, 2:02 on the clock and all three of their time outs. Also important to remember that in the first thirteen minutes of the fourth quarter, New England has scored 14 points and Seattle none. All the momentum is with New England, the crowd, which started the game VERY pro-Seahawks is now cheering for the Patriots
>Wilson throws a wheel route to Lynch, who makes a beautiful catch over Jamie Collins. About a thirty yard gain. First down Seattle, at midfield, 1:59 on the clock, two minute warning
>Seattle pass broken up, great coverage by Malcolm Butler, who no one has ever heard of.
1:50 on the clock
>2nd and 10, Wilson has to burn a time out as Seattle can't get the snap off before the play clock winds down. 2 timeouts left, 1:50 on the clock
>Seahawks bring in Chris Mathews, the big receiver that killed New England in the first half before they put Brandon Browner on him. 4 catches for 109 yards and a TD so far
>Wilson attempts to go deep, to the end zone for Mathews, Browner knocks the ball away. 3rd and 10, 1:41 on the clock.
>Wilson to Locket for 11 yards, first down, clock keeps running.
>Seahawks go no huddle but there is visible confusion and it still takes them 20 seconds from the end of the last play to get the ball snapped
>Wilson to Kearse for the Kearse Catch. Crazy ass play that looked like was going to doom the Patriots. Again. 1st and ten, ball on the 5, 1:06 on the clock

Kearse made this catch over Malcolm Butler.
>Seattle can't get down field fast enough after the Kearse catch. Burn ANOTHER time out (THIS IS WHERE SEATTLE LOST THE SUPERBOWL)
1st and 10, ball on the 5, 1:06 on the clock, 1 time out
>Give is to Lynch, looks like he's going in to the end zone until Hightower grabs his leg.
2nd and goal, ball on the 1, 57 seconds remaining.
Here is where it all fell apart.
Seattle meanders back to the line as the clock continues to run, and the commentator even mentions that New England should think about taking a time out. But this is what makes Bill Belichick the greatest coach of all time. Any mortal man would have taken the time out, thinking that Seattle has a 100% chance to score given that they have Lynch. Best you can hope for if you're the Patriots is that they do it quick then you get the ball back with as much time as possible on the clock and two time outs.
But not Bill Belichick.
He says "fuck you, I have the lead, the clock is against YOU, you have to beat ME with more pressure that's ever been on you in your coaching career. Your players aren't as good as mine, you got fucking lucky, take your best shot."
Carroll sees the clock is running. If you're Seattle you have three plays left in the game, but only about 25 seconds and you have only one time out. Your team has shown you during this last drive that they can be lazy and undisciplined about getting to the line. You've burned TWO of your timeouts during this drive to avoid taking delay of game penalties. IF you run on this play, and Lynch does not get in you will be forced to use your last time out. (Lynch was 1/5 during the season on converting from the 1 yard line, he had several plays in this game that were for negative or zero yards)

If you throw a pass play, from the 1, which at this point in the 2015 season had been done 100 times and not one had lead to an interception, there are three possible outcomes.
1. Lockett catches pass, touchdown, you pretty much win the Superbowl. (50% chance)
2. Pass is incomplete, either he can't make the catch or you throw it out of the back of the end zone, clock stops. On third down you now have the option to either pass or run because you still have a time out. On fourth down you will also have the option to pass OR run. (50% chance)
3. New England predicts our play perfectly, Brandon Browner stops Baldwin from jamming Malcom Butler, undrafted rookie corner who was working at Popeyes at the start of the season makes a perfect play on the ball and is able to knock a larger man away to grab it himself. (0% chance)
Brandon Browner, who played for the Seahawks the previous year knew this was a play Seattle loved to run in these situations. Belichick prepared for this particular play in the weeks leading up to the Superbowl. His guys ran against this very play over and over again. Not once in practice had Butler intercepted the ball.
For Carroll it makes sense to throw, it seems incredibly safe, you'll save a time out, it gives you more options on subsequent downs in case you need them. Plus there's the added bonus of making Wilson, who is Carroll's boy, look like the hero of Seattle while the contentious Marshawn Lynch is downplayed.
To Russel Wilson, before the ball was even in his hand he knew who he was going to throw to, he never looked anywhere else.

The end result was pure Malcolm Butler. He executed the play perfectly. It's like something out of a fucking anime how Butler was all charged up on emotion. He was the one who had given up the Kearse Catch, he had let his team down. He was determined to make up for it, to not lose this game and he went at the ball as hard as a human can go. Lockett did not. He thought the game was in the bag, he got lazy for half a second and he lost the Superbowl. That's just that little extra Belichick is able to get from his guys that makes him the best coach of all time.
Calling that play when he did made logical sense. That one play was not the reason Carroll lost the Superbowl. He lost it over the course of the year at practices, in game situations, in the locker room by not instilling his incredibly talented team with the discipline that makes great coaches great. They wasted two time outs because they couldn't get a play off in forty seconds. Then in the most important moment of the game, at least one player was distracted, probably already celebrating the inevitable victory despite being behind in the score and the clock running against you. Immediately following this crazy series of events the Seattle defense piled up multiple penalties for again, being undisciplined and overly emotional.
There have been stories all over these past couple years about the Seahawks breaking up, about Wilson and Sherman splitting the locker room, about Carroll being powerless to stop any of it. You would never hear something like this from a Patriots locker room. Because they would remove a contentious element. Carroll simply doesn't know how to lead a group of grown men. He did well with eighteen year old kids in the NCAA but this is the same issue he had in New England where the players just walk all over him. But he's fantastic at putting a team together, and the Seattle front office is pretty great too. So he's assembled a great team but he can't reign them in.

>I will show them what Im capable of

So the blame for the result of this play lies in the following in order of most blame to least blame:

1. Pete Carroll for not getting his team disciplined enough to beat the most well coached team in NFL history.
2. Malcolm Butler for making a perfect play
3. Tyler Lockett for being too lazy to win the Superbowl
4. Belichick for not only calling the play but getting his team to play for all sixty minutes even when things look hopeless.
5.Brandon Browner, for BTFO his previous team. I like to think of Browner like Batman in the Justice League story where it turns out he has contingency plans in case the League ever went rogue and he had to kill them.
6. Russel Wilson for telegraphing an obvious play and not just throwing it into the back of the end zone.
7. Hightower for stopping the first Lynch run
8. Marshawn Lynch for having shitty numbers from the one yard line to the point where his coach didn't believe in him
9. Pete Carroll for calling a pass.

Thanks for reading all of that and hopefully we can move past this overly simplistic "durr he called da wrong play" and start giving the Patriots the credit they deserve.

Inconsequential but for fuck sakes that 1st and 10 when it should be 1st and goal is driving me bonkers.

Lynch's numbers were not that great that year but the Patriots were bottom of the league against the power run. Lynch gained at least a yard on every run against eight in the box in this game too.

nflbreakdowns.com/2015/02/lynch-vs-8-box/

They should have run it.

>Lose to the Patriots
>Patriots win super bowl
>Beat the Patriots in a meaningless regular season game
>Patriots still win the super bowl that season
I wonder why

goat

excellent analysis

They did call a pick play

nah people bring that up all the time

the pats winning two owls since then and the giants not even coming close makes it a bit less relevant

A good read.

Why did he throw an interception when he should have thrown a touchdown?

he scored a rushing touchdown even further away from the goal line earlier in the game. the only people who say they shouldn't have run it are pats fags who don't want it to seem like brady got a free ring.

5D chess

It’s true he literally didn’t make 2 4th quarter td drives and the Kearse catch happens all the time

they scored too soon, and seattle manhandled the patriots defense on that drive. fair is fair, brady didn't build enough of a lead to prevent that from happening.

What you fail to realize is Belichick goated Carroll into the play by stacking the box and seeming to play off coverage.

>manhandled
>literally a 1 in a million catch
Nah

that's a dumb strategy because if pistol pete called a fade it also would have resulted in a score.

apparently you missed everything that happened before that. and he lost sight of the ball for a very short time, it was only about 20% luck.

OH NO NO NO NO

He did call the wrong play, so what if Lynch doesn’t get in the endzone and you burn a timeout? So the next play if you throw the ball and it’s incomplete the clock will stop again unless you go full retard like throwing the ball backwards and getting tackled to let the clock run.

Saw it live, it was worth staying up

Seattle never recovered. M

T. Brainlet Leaf

So you run on 2nd down and get stopped (Lynch was 1 for 5 during the season getting in to the end zone from the one yard line), now you have to burn your last time out.
What's your play on third down?
It's a pass and everyone in the stadium knows it. Much easier to defend if your opponent can only pass.
2nd down was the only chance to surprise the defense. Passes from the 1 yard line had been run exactly 100 times in 2015 and not once had there been an interception.
It was as safe a play as there is and the real credit for the outcome belongs to Butler and Belichick.

>play clock at 5. Pass is INTERCEPTED AT THE GOALINE, BY MALCOLM BUTLER
>UNREAL

>comparing regular season games to the super bowl
and you call other people brainlet, ironic.

too complex for these idiots to understand

Except here's the video, and...you're wrong:

Oh I'm sorry I forgot about the magical super boost that all players get during the Superbowl, of course, how silly of me.
I forgot in the Superbowl all the players take off their weighted clothing, ala Piccolo, and reveal their TRUE power levels.
Your analysis based on fact and research is so valuable to this board.