/180/: BDO LAKESIDE WORLD PROFESSIONAL DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 7

Friday at the Lakeside means it's men's quarters and women's semis. The men's last 8 could be a pivotal moment in the career of one BDO World Champion.

That person is Glen Durrant, who has set out an ultimatum: if he fails to beat Jim Williams this afternoon, he will go to Q-School. Make it through to Saturday and he will never play in the PDC. It's hard to see how Duzza will lose; he has averaged over 95 in both games so far, obliterating Darryl Fitton on Wednesday, while the Quiff barely got over the 90 mark against Conan Whitehead. The other quarter-final in the afternoon sees 2 time champ Scott Waites against Belgian debutant Andy Baetens; both men were impressive against Dean Reynolds and Scott Mitchell respectively, and this could be close if they play like that again.

The bottom half is an absolute mess. The highest average down there has been 95, from Wales' Wayne Warren who takes on BDO #1 Mark McGeeney. Warren scored well again against Willem Mandigers, while the Gladiator had Danny Noppert's Q-School surrender to thank for his first Worlds quarter-final. The other evening quarter-final sees Richard Veenstra against surprise package Michael Unterbuchner; Flyers was gifted a last 8 spot thanks to Geert de Vos not bothering, and the German outplayed Martin Phillips with scoring power that's sure to trouble Veenstra.

The ladies semis have finals from years gone by as Lisa Ashton takes on Deta Hedman (2014) and Anastasia Dobromyslova plays Trina Gulliver (2008).

Coverage starts at 12:05pm on Channel 4 before switching to BT Sport 1 at 6:45pm.

All matches are best of 9 sets except women's (best of 3 sets... still). Women's matches are in greentext.

>Today's matches (12:05pm - 5:00pm)
Scott Waites v Andy Baetens (13)
>Trina Gulliver (7) v Anastasia Dobromyslova (6)
Glen Durrant (1) v Jim Williams (9)

>Tonight's matches (6:45pm - 11:45pm)
>Deta Hedman (1) v Lisa Ashton (4)
Richard Veenstra (11) v Michael Unterbuchner
Mark McGeeney (2) v Wayne Warren

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R28eNM7Wqd0
youtube.com/watch?v=cBRdy5douIs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If Glen Durrant decides not to switch, this will prove just one thing: he does not have the mentality to be a professional darts player.

By surrendering to the utterly pathetic BDO "contract" to return to Lakeside next year (which any lawyer could rip to shreds in about a minute) and severing any chance at making it big, it will go to show how little ambition and bottle he truly has to compete with the big names. Yes, Duzza has admitted he would be swallowed up by the PDC before, but he's playing probably his best darts at the moment; does he really want to forego the opportunity to EVER go pro? Does he want his only big TV appearances to be at the Grand Slam (or UK Open if he tries to qualify for that)? It will be a huge shame if he decides to stay, but it's his choice at the end of the day. It'll make his Grand Slam interviews about wanting to switch look moronic though.

This sort of decision by a player is why the BDO is what it is today: a past-it shambles of an organisation that some players consider to be extinct. If you are so insecure about letting your star names go that you're tying them down to illegal contracts restricting them from plying their trade elsewhere, you really need to look at yourself in the mirror and accept that you're not the daddy of darts any more.

I know I've said this repeatedly over the week but someone outside of darts needs to take over the BDO and try and work with the PDC to get two organisations that can work with each other and recognise their places in darts: the BDO is the grassroots amateur game, and the PDC is the professional entertainment game. There should be no issues going from one to the other; if you're good enough in the BDO, you go to the PDC, and vice versa for those pros who have lost their Tour Cards, like what Andy Hamilton's going to do this year.

I hope the BDO finally crumbles.
Because that would spell disaster fornthe PDC, with absolutely no new talent able to come through.

It's a really strange situation where there is actually an incentive for people to either not play or to intentionally lose so that they can potentially advance their careers by going to Q School. It damages the integrity of their own tournament.

Watching the BDO tournament and seeing how funny and terrible it is at times is as enjoyable as waching a PDC tournament with great darts.

What if Duzza just wants to be the big fish in the small pond?

>The new Wolfie

The standard at Lakeside, certainly past the first round is honestly not that bad when you consider that most of these players have a job beside their darting careers. Whereas most of the top 32 players in the PDC are fulltime professionals these days, so it's no wonder the standard is considerably higher there.

>£15

>9 Times PDC Major Finalist

And we're on now.

Fallon must be raging at the picture they've been using for her

>Anastasia

>that British teeth banter from Nicho

>Geert de Vos montage
>mfw I had money on him to win it

>that DUDE WEED suit

>Scotty

The Belgian Chizzy?

>Scotty 2 Hotty wins a leg

>this leg

Ah yes, BDO finishing.

>BDO

BDO board will be loving the foreigner's fuckups in that set

>How the BDO treats foreigners

>Sloppy 2 Shitty

Best ever moment in darts?

youtube.com/watch?v=R28eNM7Wqd0

DAT 116

>CM Cunt chatting about wrestling in every match.

That feeling you get when you cringe for someone else is the worst feeling ever.

He must be trolling with everything he's said this week.

>Anastasia before she got relationship comfy and preggers

I miss those days lads

We've had the Scotty 2 Hotty mention. If he mentions Durrant's palsy face reminding him of good ol' JR then he's definitely trolling.

Will we ever witness a woman that will challenge MVG/Anderson/etc.?

I doubt it, there's just not enough women playing the game. Chances are the ones with natural talent will never even play the game.

Beau Greaves possibly...

youtube.com/watch?v=cBRdy5douIs

dont follow darts much. can someone tell me what the point of the BDO is at this stage? how does it sustain itself when the consensus seems to be that its utterly irrelevant and second class compared to the PDC?

>I had less problems with Jamie Caven the other day

Unfortunately you're probably right.

He's a cheeky cunt that MVG!

>that third attempt at D16

>lelgium

>Wafflemong

>Channel 4 have had most of the best games and BT Sport the shite

[contract renewal intensifies]

We got a Lakeside classic on our hands now

>throwing away a 4-1 lead
Baetens surely beaten now.

>the independent microstate of Belgium

THE DRAMA

>Baetens

Baetens bottling like fuck now.

kek

>literally me for the past 3 sets

Make some room Shitlock

>not putting duzza and waites on friday evening
the bdo ladies and gentlemen

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

[flops]

>Lelgium

At least that's over, now we can concentrate on the proper tournament

Poor Baetens

How do I get a darts slag gf?

>Baetens holding back the tears

>Wafflejobbers

Noice, saved.

Agadoo playing in the background

>The impoverished, disenfranchised 80's hovel that is the BDO

>never noticed that Scotty has his tongue pierced

Tears STREAMING down his face

Get yourself into Q school lad.

Even if it doesn't work out it's better than returning to this shit hole.

>You Sexy Thing

mfw

WAKE ME UP

WAKE ME UP

>using the official JUST theme tune as your entrance music

She has lost before it has even started.

>Joseph isn't a Russian name? Tell Stalin

bantz

>Not a Russian name? Tell Stalin.
>Stalin born in Georgia
What did he mean by this?

This.

Unterbuchner surely has to go there too.

>D14

Beating a lesbian with the Mens

:3

Based Annie

Just need Deta to beat Ashton now

Someone post that pic of the 08 women's final with Trina SEETHING

>Just need Deta to beat Ashton now
Deta can't play, she's been called in to cover the late shift.

DERDERDER

GWAN DUZZA

>Stealing Snackpot's Theme

Cheeky bastard.

>yfw Duzza throws the game

DAT BULL 132

Glen 4 sets away from Bazza.

Best stream?

>Amerilards

This is hilarious

Making us look bad, desu

>they even started chanting USA USA USA at the end
Adorable 2bh

Duzza doing his best to slyly job

Duzza's gone here, I can feel it.

>tfw you get to go to the PDC

Why are women worse at darts than man if they aren't inherently inferior?

He isn't good enough and I don't think he has the determination to put the extra graft in to make it.