What do you make of critics being mixed on Power Rangers but pretty much everyone else liking it?

What do you make of critics being mixed on Power Rangers but pretty much everyone else liking it?

Disney shilling.
Name literally one criticism you can apply to Power Rangers that can't be applied in the better received Marvel movies.

>2h 4min

Why are trashy blockbusters so fucking long nowadays

What did they mean by this?

It's surprisingly not really structured like a blockbuster.

Hahaha holy shit. Guess Disney's checks bounced. Imagine if this happened with a Marvel movie?

Critics are paid by Disney, that said theres a limit and this is...that shit was painful to watch.

>5 critics vs 161 user critics
hmmmmm

obsessed

FUCKING ALT-RIGHT FUCKING SHITS!

It's not like the original movie did any well with the critics.

The original movie wasn't really made like a normal movie though. It was produced like an episode of Power Rangers, that's why it's so terrible.

Power rangers wasn't diverse enough

Don't pay attention to the user score, ever.

RT is literally infested by bots who just give the score a 5/5 because voting on the movie requires no effort, and no work is put into try and stop this from happening.

I also want to mention that I know this is a factual statement. The only thing you can do on RT now by making an account is vote and comment on movies in their movie page. It used to be that you could post on the forums, but AFAIK those closed down a year or two ago.

Since you have no reason to actually make an account (no discourse), would you really go through all of the effort just to give a movie 5 stars? I mean, look at it objectively.

30,000 people on RT made accounts at one point, and then decided to score the film? I don't buy it. Compare this to IMDB, which you can literally see in the OP's pic. Power Ranger's has only 3.5k votes.

Yet according to Alexa, RT is the 158 most trafficked site in the US where as IMDB is number 28.

Do you guys understand what I am getting at now?

It actually was diverse without being too preachy, they treated the /autistourguy/ pretty well and Trini being a lesbian too.
It really doesn't feels like a political reaction, it feels like the critics were in expecting something that is not Power Rangers while the fucking movie, in a unexpected turn for this era, actually was a kinda campy Power Rangers movie...

did anyone go to krispy kreme after seeing the movie? i sure did since there was one near by the theater

IMDB lets you vote on the movie before it ever comes out.

I never trust user scores to begin with, normies have bad taste.

It's shit but the kind of pleb trash who watch it eat it up

huh, guess so

That lightning bolt looks like absolute garbage and should be pointing the other way to balance the composition.

Because the general masses are mouth breathing morons with double digit IQs, that shove popcorn in their mouth and choke down their extra large soda while clapping and cheering in the theatre. They most likely exclusively shop at Walmart, or work there.

The ones actually voting on these websites are probably incredibly overweight, have poor hygiene, neckbeards, live with parents, etc. They're the reason why we have soon to be 5 transformers movies, they're the reason why Power Rangers was even considered as a reboot, or TMNT, or why every single obscure comic book character is getting their own live action adaptation. The fanboys of this world are ruining art, because Hollywood is a business. These studios are in it to make money, and when the masses line up to see this shit, they create a market for stuff like it. So when a director or writer with a unique story or vision comes forward with an idea, the studios have to look at whats popular, whats in, whats going to sell. They have to appeal to the lowest common denominator in this world, or else there will be a giant shit storm on twitter and facebook by these fanboy idiots, crying that they're childrens movie took too many risks and wasn't enough like the source material.

Its fucking trash. Yes I'm mad.

I know that but I didn't have much hope this one was going to do much better.

Work will set you free.

if we start posting reviews/score caps from letterboxd, mubi, rym and sac instead

are you Sup Forumsedditors going to still complain if they didn't rate your flavor of the month meme flick highly?

this. If a movie's going to have token diversity, this was the best way to go about it.

It really was. Iron Fist is not great, not even good, by any means. The fight scenes suck in what should have been the show with the best ones. And it's all the fucking director's fault, like everyone knew it would be.

Yet, somehow, the only thing critics want to talk about is race, and that fucking infuriates me.

the show was bad, but not nearly warranting the bullshit reviews it got. I can agree with most of the criticism, but the level of amaterurism that they're describing isn't reflected on the show either.

>he thinks user scores are reliable

Both of those are bad though.

This is a genuine question by the way plebs. The last time it happened most of you were sent back to your home boards and reddit. People like picture related ruled over the boards film half and it was actually better

here's the (you) you're fishing for, enjoy, another one might not come around for a little while

Something dumb about political agendas and SJWs I imagine is the right answer I'm sure