How much did Peter luck out with Viggo as Aragorn?

How much did Peter luck out with Viggo as Aragorn?

He wasn't first choice and he was given the role like a few weeks/days before shooting.

Other urls found in this thread:

u.pomf.is/znvmhz.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How much did Peter luck out with Viggo as Aragorn?

LOTR was Viggo's big break, if anything he lucked out
Jackson is a good director he knows who to cast

you seen the hobbit movies lewl

And with Ian McKellan... holy shit... just the perfect Gandalf. I mean Lee could have done it well...but Ian put a lot of heart into the character.

The hobbits were all fine.

The elves, except for elrond, were all terrible vampire-ish faggots.

who was the first choice?

Viggo does add some kind of credibility. I can't really explain it, but it's like if he believes what's happening, so we have to take it seriously as well. There's no way we could be as into it if it were Nick Cage asking Legolas' what is elf eyes see.

>le peter hackson is a horrible director meme xD

Wasn't he in The Prophecy?

Kek

>There's no way we could be as into it if it were Nick Cage asking Legolas' what is elf eyes see.

noob down

I was just listening to the cast commentary for Fellowship a while ago, it turns out he's had that 'how do I act against a green screen' thing even back then, but he still delivers really well.
Stuart Townsend

ye he played satan.

Gandalf was first offered to sean connery

Can you IMAGINE if they got David Bowie for Elrond like they had wanted at some point?

Well, that would have been awful.

i love Viggo Mortensen

please reply to this post so i'm sure everyone acknowledges the fact that i love him

Sean Connery was the first choice for Gandalf...

Viggo started out as the literal prick in movies. Dudes got some defininite charisma, which is a plus in anything potentially silly like high fantasy.

BASED VIGGO NEVER FORGET
u.pomf.is/znvmhz.webm

Acknowledged : )

that wouldn't have been too bad tbqh

different from ian but i dont think it would have been bad

One of the elves looked identical to David Mitchell in that Bond sketch

When they reboot LOTR, and you know they will, Cage will be old enough to play Gandalf,

I like.

Craig Parker is the dumpiest elf.

kek, youre right though certain actors just have it. Its the same with Liam Neeson as Ra's in Batman Begins. Its more believable coming from him when he trains Batman and shit.

>Crimson Tide
>Prophecy

I cba looking up IMDB for more.

No. I would cast Nic cage as grima wormtongue

He was only one of the bigger miscasts of the movies

Read the books

1/10

>Read the books
no

It's you the hero of Kvatch! That meme still fits right? I mean it's all gay ass fairy tale shit that could be canned and sold as pussy repellent.

I'm surprised anybody could hear the movie in theaters. With all the lard breathing and ear shattering junk food holocaust.

How did the DVD make it home? Didn't you believe you were going to starve to death on the 20 minute car ride home and eat the 4-disc set?

gandalf, theoden, saruman, boromir, gimli, samwise and aragorn are all 12/10 casting

Making anything as good as the LotR trilogy always has some luck involved, as well as the talent and hard work. They had all three.

Read the fucking books.

I hope you don't complain about Gambon as Dumbledore

>they followed the ancient Jewish shekel formula
>ftfy

Was also true for Stewart/Mckellen in the X Men movies and to a lesser extent Jackman. The plots and dialogue were so campy, but their performances saved the franchise.

Viggo doesn't really care about being famous or being in big Hollywood movies though.

>The elves, except for elrond, were all terrible vampire-ish faggots.

So, they were portrayed correctly.

He passed it up because he just plain didn't understand the content. Then he took up a role in league of extraordinary gentlemen because he felt like he missed out from lotr.

Nic Cage gives every one of his roles 100%

He turned down
>Gandalf
>Morpheus
>Dumbledore
All because he couldn't understand the scripts

Elves(depending on where they're from) can be jolly, they're prone to sing

I second the acknowledgement

Great casting by Jackson. Isildur could have taken some pointers at Mount Doom.

Connery thought Hobbits were ridiculous, but was ok with doing Highlander 2 tho

>that orgasmic Christopher Lee voice
There couldn't haven been anyone better to portray Saruman and his Voice

Didn't your 2.5 ton combined family raid the bookshelf for napkins and toilet paper during BBQ rib week?

>Connery as Morpheus
those films woulda' been pretty different with Will Smith and Sean in them

Can't you /got/ fags just stay in one thread?

101% user. And the word is Schlock.

You seem upset

Forget to take your meds?

I can actually see that, and I can never see Nic Cage in anything usually.

I'm still trying to picture what that would've been like in the role.
>A wizzard is ne'er late. Nur is he early, he arri'es eschactly when he means tae.
>Flyah, ye fools
Ian was probably the better choice.

Nicolas Cage could have done Denethor if he put on a little weight and learned British English

Take that back!

Honestly I'm glad he said no. It would have been too cheesy, like an 80s fantasy film.

Is he like really stupid? I've heard Harrison Ford is pretty dumb as well.

Well Ford has managed to crash two planes

>lotr
Save it for reddit

He's not miscast, they could have made him look like in the books if they just cleaned him up a little. But the rugged looks are perfect for the movie.

The whole cast of the original trilogy was so fucking perfect. I can't think of one character who stood out as not fitting in or anything. I love those movies so fucking much. They are by far my favorite movies of all time for me.

This.

He's one of the few actors who genuinely enjoys their craft.

We all don't take diabeetus pills Lard Ass of the Onion Rings.

Perfect for the 1st movie maybe, he looks like a homeless person in his king getup

Who is perfect /bombadil/?

Brian Blessed

I am not 100% on Orlando Bloom but thats nitpicking. The movies were perfectly cast and I never didnt believe anyone was the character they were playing.

Marlon Brando, and Jackson has to say yes to all his suggestions

OK. Sit on your own nutsack retarded then.

thats because orlando cant fucking act.

I keep imagining how much better Kingdom of Heaven would have been if they cast a actor that could actually act in the lead instead of orlando.

Yeah, too homeless, he is supposed to be almost flamboyant. Instead they dress him like those fanatics in GoT.

Also, the Goblet of Fire-scene is unforgivable. So uncharacteristic it's insane.

It really is weird how well everything came together.

I can't really think of a single character that didn't really fit the part perfectly. Never felt cheesy in any what and you could easily do that with Lotr with the wrong actors.

It's a miracle of perfect timing, perfect casting, just enough time, and the right director at the right time.

The Hobbit movies are so mediocre to downright terrible because the entire thing was rushed.

Hmm, I was thinking Mark Addy, kind of the same look.

>as he sets down the trophy it's in front of the hammer
>in the final frames it pops behind the hammer

This gif is frustrating to watch.

>I hope you don't complain about Gambon as Dumbledore

Gambon was objectively a bad Dumbledore. It may have worked in the movie but it didn't comply with his book character at all.

Some people struggle with theoretical concepts.
I have a co-worker who just doesn't understand fiction at all and generally thinks everything from Lotr to Star Trek and Marvel all take place in the same universe.
He says he does't really watch television or movies because he finds them pointless.
He really lacks all forms of existential thought, not being able to generate hypothetical scenarios like "if you could were a tree, what kind of tree would you be" Since he just replies "I'm not a tree, what kind of stupid question is that"

But he does really well working construction since he thinks in a very simple, direct manner.
Usually he comes up with the best solution for problems before everyone else does.

That's my point

I'm not 100% sure all humans are sentient.

Viggo Mortensen and Ian McKellan definately put some serious performances into these moives. I feel like the acting in them is a big underrated because everyone's always praising the script, costumes, music, etc., but there's some great, genuine acting in there too.

Ian McKellan is probably the best of the cast, the way he conveys so much genuine emotion with his face is amazing.

So to make opening night. How many combined walls were knocked down to deliver your 600lb bodies and your live in doctor to the theater by heavy duty flatbed trucks?

Thats low energy banter.

you try drawing that shit by hand, and see how lazy you get after a week.

also try to find the stop sign from the captcha I just got

I feel you. Talking to that guy is like trying to talk to a golden retriever. It's like we are speaking two different languages.

Patrick McGoohan was supposed to be Gandalf

There is none. That's why there's a skip button. The instructions even say if nothing matches, click skip.

Like I said the LOTR trilogy are by far my favorite films ever. I didn't even bother seeing the 3rd hobbit movie.

I thought the first was OK but very offputting, especially given what I was expecting. The 2nd was enough for me to just say, lets not sully ALL your memories. I've seen some webms of the 3rd movie though, and I can't say I'm disappointed I missed it.

Sounds like your friend is someone from the 19th century, they would respond like he does

You'd know low energy butterball. Did you have to sit in the aisle to watch your fairies buy Peter pan a ring or whatever?

I've been getting images with no stopsign as well today.

Post of the century

It's "precisely when he means to" not "exactly". Not only did you attempt to post a tired Reddit tier meme that has never been funny, but you got the quote wrong. Not only that but you only changed a few words and when read phonetically it doesn't sound like Connery's accent at all. There's no way you would have written this if you hadn't seen this meme before done better. You think it's funny just because you're imitating slightly better executed jokes. So basically you've just written like a retard intentionally and no one found it funny. Wtf are you doing neck yourself

well that's what I did. and it worked. I'll never read the captcha instructions. NEVER

Hm.

>he's using nuCaptcha

numale detected