Are trade jobs the biggest meme in existence?

Are trade jobs the biggest meme in existence?

>Slaving over hot metal all day
>lolcertslol
>choosing to be poor
>dead end career- enjoy doing that for the rest of your life
>no upward mobility
>no degree
>not even STEM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/materials-engineers.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What? You're not a STEM Übermensch? I'll start with 300k!

Everyone I know with a trade job is unhealthy as fuck, either smokes a pack of cigs a day or weighs 300 lbs... is there a connection?

>Get trade job
>Bust ass for a few years
>Become a supervisor
>Move up the management chain
>Perhaps become a quality inspector
>After you learn all you can, leave to start own company
>Become millionair due to your years and years of knowledge from first hand experience

wut?

Air maintenance here. It's fine.

I actually know someone who did this. But like I said in my previous post, he will probably be dead by the age of 50.

trade jobs are the shit. no women. which means you get to call your coworkers faggots. lots of bantz.

>get trade job
>get replaced by a robot
>kill myself

>Choosing to be poor

>choosing bantz over money
Tough decision, but there is wrong answer here.

>choosing to be poor
tradesmen make a lot of money and have huge growth potential.

wish I could get a trade job, I cant even get the training for it

I like working with my hands... and being paid more than nothing

So who do you think should do them if you are too good to do it?

>I worked as a cashier so now I can start my own grocery store chain.
Nice logic there amerifat, I bet you think you can be an accountant because you can add.

I'll prob just kill myself if it doesn't work out. Even if it did I barely have enough reasons to justify existing to begin with.

Either join a union and learn a trade, or learn a lot of various skills/teach yourself and apply them in your own way to generate income for yourself.

I went to trade school, and I also picked up other skills along the way. I have used all of them to make money.

With experience you gain management skills as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o

>its a "millennial gets triggered at the thought of actualy having to get a job" thread

>>choosing to be poor
>>dead end career- enjoy doing that for the rest of your life
>>no upward mobility

literally all wrong

someone got to do it and i would kill myself if i had to be in an office all day.

NEETdom is the true profession of the redpilled Aryan.

Not as much as a STEM major

People who don't take stem, obviously.

>Pagay
>Y-you can earn money being a shit wiper too!

Nope.

I know a group of guys that build custom stove hoods and make bank.

We have landscaper millionaires in my town

>liberal arts fag with no future bagging on middle class tradesman
Drink bleach faggot

wait, please dont tell me youre some 19 year old getting a "math degree" and think you will be a millionaire right after college.

>choosing to be poor
Someone has never held a welding job. I can't even TIG and I make six figures.

>Not as much as a STEM major
And how much do you have to pay for a degree compared to trade school? Do you even know how much the average welder makes?

>yes sir mister shekelsberg I'll do this hot and dangerous job for you no questions asked

Something that baby boomers recommend highly unaware of the changing world around them and that the cost of living has rose since they were 20somethings.

get fucked! trades jobs are awesome. not meme quality. you just need to choose a universally applicable vocation. id avoid welding though, carpentry or some kind of advanced construction trade would be better, electrician, plumber...choose a market with lots of population growth and a foreseable building boom. thats pretty much means the sunbelt and west coast. haters can eat a dick.

Where is all this misinformation coming from?

plumbers and welders who are a few steps above entry level make 100k a year,

Competition is rough though

Nope, Material Engineering from RPI
Go fuck yourself

You have to sacrifice to earn, friend.

I don't give a shit about the people who will work for me.

my tinfoil hat plan is aquaculture. urban fish farm for hungry hippie niggers.

I'm doing welding right now, it's actually not bad. But it for what ever reason attracts the dredges of society that no employer would ever touch.

That's right wageies. Make that money so you can fund my extravagant lifestyle. Today I woke up early, at noon, and I'm having rare steak and eggs for breakfast with a nice cup of gourmet coffee, all paid for with foodstamps (thanks wageies).

How about fuck off dirty nigger

The engineers in America that don't succeed in California make $30 an hour.

The union sprinkler fitter on the west coast makes $60.

Enjoy your low test meme.

>trained to become Electrician doing a 4 year apprenticeship
>later became foreman
>company paid me to become a technician
>occasionally have to sit in an office, hate it

It's not too bad I get paid more than my friends who went off to university and they suffer from working the the same job forever with no upward ability in an office filled with hundreds of people

If you are good at your job and not a complete social outcast any job has upward mobility, a friend of mine who was just a laborer is now sitting in the office buying and selling shit on 30k a year and never been to uni or college.

>Material Engineering
And what do you hope to do with that?

bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/materials-engineers.htm

lol process operators make more than you by going to a tech school for 2 years

>California
Explains that

Work under my father in South Carolina

lmao at tradies who think they're got shit even though they barely passed high school

>mfw wagies argue over who is the better slave

Ah, so your degree isn't really responsible for you getting employed. Nice.

must be bad to know people out there good with there hands earn more money than you and never got into debt for the purpose of working a shit job in a shit office.

Having connections is important, isn't it :^)

>leafposting

If you started as a cashier, rose up the ranks to stock, supply, assistant manager, manager, corporate associate, corporate assistant manager, and spend your career making contacts and learning about how to manage a grocery chain, used the resources the job gave you (like reviewing their performance and market trends, areas of improvement, public demand, etc), you would be in a prime position to start your own chain that focused on being better than them with that knowledge, and pull any talent they had to your side.

That's how 7-11 cornered the Japanese market.

>has to have daddy give him a job while he goes get his token degree

lol

>must be bad to know people out there who are smarter than you are living off of your taxes and never got into debt or sweaty trying to slave for a living

Some people don't like offices. Have you ever lurked in an /out/ jobs thread?

>he's this envious

>RPI

AHAHAHAHA YOURE SLAVING AWAY OVER A KEK DEGREE, IN UPSTATE NEW YORK, SURROUNDED BY NIGGERS IN TROY AND YOULL MAKE LESS THAN A 19 YEAR OLD WELDER

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why do neets think they are taken seriously?

> EVERYONE CAN BE A MILLIONAIR

get out you lying faggot
the current economic model REQUIRES an underclass to exist.

>mfw I get paid to think

No you wouldn't, because at a certain point they would expect you to be degree educated. If you weren't, then they would start asking serious questions. The only way to get around that is if you have political experience, which brings me on to

>you would be in a prime position to start your own chain that focused on being better than them with that knowledge

Wal Mart tried that on in Germany and they got shat on by Lidl and Aldi.

You need a vast amount of resources to start a supermarket chain. Billions, along with a wide array of political contacts and supplier contacts across the board. It isn't acquirable in one lifetime.

>being envious of some dumb manchild who isnt self reliant and makes less money than me

lol you arent even out of school yet.

But I'm going to tell you what to weld and that's what counts.

Have fun taking orders from a nigger you stupid faggot.

I don't need to be taken seriously by the people who work to support me. :^) Enjoy breaking your back while knowing that I'm sitting here drinking craft beer all on your dime.

>le embarrassed millionaire meme

>If you weren't, then they would start asking serious questions.

No one gives a shit about education outside of the education system. As long as you do your job well no one will give a fuck.

There is no way whatsoever you are going to get onto a board position without a degree unless you were born before 1940.

Fuck off fag nothing wrong with learning a trade and buliding your own business plus if everyone went to university who woulr build houses and resurface roads and all the other stuff like that

Yes goy, you must pay us 80,000 and lose the best physical years of your life before you join the work force!

Once you start rising in the ranks a lot of companies will pay for further education, night schools are full of 30+ people all getting paid to get degrees.

You don't get enough to drink craft beer. Just admit mommy and daddy are looking after you

Not everyone will go to university.

The people that don't go will build the roads.

Careful you don't miss third prayer Akmed.

After rent and bills I have about $2000 to spend. None of it goes to food because of food stamps. Since I don't have to pay for gas to get to work, work clothing, doctor's visits because I worked too hard, etc. it goes quite a long way. Keep justifying slaving away and wasting your life for me though, it's not as if I don't appreciate the work you do.

Having connections is 10x as important as a degree. If your college doesn't connect you to a potential employer, you have the right to burn it down.

Lol you have no idea what you are talking about

>learn how to weld
>spend months looking for welding work
>everywehre requires 3+ years of experience
>the places that dont are MIG welding jobs
>I only know TIG and SMAW
>Apply to a job that is literally nothing but tacking (which is just sticking 2 pieces of metal together with a tiny dot so somebody else can weld it, for those that dont know)
>2 years of experience required
fuck off why did I believe the retards that said the last generation of welders were retiring and no young people were learning the trade, so jobs would just fall into my lap

I know. Which sort of shits all over your initial point of

>No one gives a shit about education outside of the education system. As long as you do your job well no one will give a fuck.

Then again, if you aren't clever enough to get into university these days then you must be very stupid indeed.

The only stupidity these days is breaking your back for a living. Why don't you guys join me in bliss? Why are you so enamored with your slavery?

"My chains are gold and yours are only iron, haha loser!"

Sup Forums, and the internet in general, is just full of people giving anecdotal evidence.

If you were bothered for looking the forums of the 1990s were full of people saying that the only way you were going to get paid any sort of money in the future was by getting a computer science degree or network engineering qualifications. If people had access to the WWW in the 1970s and 80s, finance was the only way you were making any money - apparently.

So on, and so forth. If you want steady employment look at the big employers in your area and work around that. Taking advice from someone who says "lol get into welding" isn't very smart if there are no shipyards, engine rooms, fabrication companies or steel works in your area.

Kek. Paper pushers and service industry job are what is getting replaced. Machines will never be nimble enough or be able to make good judgement calls the way tradesmen do.

t. Refrigeration tech.

Wow nice come back only im white and hate muslims also enjoy your masive debts from university and the worthless bit of paper that you need to make you feel special and better than everyone else cunt

If we're, all slaves to something, why not be the best slave?

Trades are awesome. I got into one right after military. Been doing it for about 13 years. Make WAY more money than most people I went to high school with. Even college kids are just now catching up to what I make but still have college loans to pay off. Find a trade you like, work like a dog,l and you'll be able to afford a home, truck, boat, motorcycle, whatever. I have all 4. Hard work pays off. Huge.

I agree with OP, trades are memes, its unhealthy and will be replaced by robots very soon, may as well just get a McDonalds job

#Hillary2016

Look up the current and projected growth of the STEM fields and get back to me

>Machines will never be nimble enough or be able to make good judgement calls the way tradesmen do.

he fucking believes this

>in your area
Why cant you move?

NEET troll tryhard
>all that gloating
>almost as classy as a single negress on welfare with six kids

Here's the (You) you've been after!

Not for a long long time.
We only just figured out how to get a machine to win at go

>working
>not being NEET masterrace

But my paper DOES make me better.

That's why I will get paid more.

>1 post by this ID

Do you want to know the best part? Every time my wife has a kid they up my paycheck. You're paying for me to outbreed you.

Carpet fitter here. I make about £900 a week through the carpet store I work for 4 days a week. I also have independent work of about £200-£250 on the fifth day. So yeah, I'm fine.

Why wouldn't a man want to go out and graft to put a roof over his wife and kids heads and food on the table

Because I do all of that without lifting a finger. On your dime. Well, not yours.

Because most of the time moving a long distance to find work is impractical, especially if you live in a first world country. There are many people who say they plan on doing it, but very few who actually follow through.

Most occupations and trades are localised. There are very few welders in rural Norway, for example. Professions are a better bet for those wanting to access higher levels of income because they tend to cover a wider area.

> dead end career

> what is passive investing & retiring early

You can make more money in them than a lot of STEM jobs. For example, there are so few carpenters in San Fransisco right now that the average union carpenter makes 200k a year.

>Not as much as a STEM major
Former stem worker here (Network engineer and IT manager). I make more doing air and was paid to learn the trade. Air is tough as fuck work but not only do I make over 70k I can now fix pretty much everything which has saved me a shitload of money.

I runa auto repair from home. I do towing, repair, rebuilding and machine work from my double garage. My average profit is between R12k - R35k depending. I also work between 20 and 50 hours a month.

You keep telling yourself that your cashier job is going to make bank one day.

Yes. Stress, 40-50 hours a week surrounded by retards, unhealthy work environment.

I'm a maintenance man for ford, apart of the uaw. I make $38/hr to wait around if anyone fucks something up. Half the time I'm in my air conditioned office playing on my laptop. The times I do have to work, it's usually something small that takes me a minute. Since I'm out on the plant floor after being done I ride around on my bike for like a hour to see if anything else happens, nothing happens, back to my office. Love my job.

>RPI
hahahahahahahaahaha how unfortunate

No it doesn't it makes you just like everyone else with that same bit of paper and so what if you get paid more if you even managed to get a job that as fuck all to do with the special bit of paper with your name on i will be happy making bank without the debts i have to pay back to some over priced school full of sjw wankers telling you to feel bad about been a white male

>retiring early
>wanting to stop making money earlier

Retard

This.

I know someone who started construction as a grunt working for a boss for 15/hour then 20 then 25.

Picked up the skills then when his boss passed away started his own company

Makes 250K a year now which is not bad and he chooses when to work or not.
This mechanic I know has his own shop and a gas station

Makes over a million a year has multiple homes nice cars boats you name it

It's possible but it takes a lot of self motivation and lot of hours of work something that millennials do not have.

>union