/CHAN/ - African Nations Championship starts today!

The Total African Nations Championship (sometimes referred to as African Championship of Nations or CHAN) is a football tournament which was first announced on 11 September 2007.[1] It is administered by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) and is played between the best national teams of Africa, exclusively featuring players who are active in the national championships and qualified to play in the ongoing season. Expatriate players, regardless of where they play, even in Africa, are not qualified to take part in the African Championship of Nations.
The first tournament was held in 2009. It was hosted by Ivory Coast and won by The Democratic Republic of the Congo. The competition was expanded to 16 teams for the second tournament, held in Sudan in 2011.[2][3] The tournament was won by Tunisia, in the wake of the Tunisian Revolution.[4]
The tournament is held every two years[5], alternating with the Africa Cup of Nations.

Are Ghana in it? Might watch.

Yeha

Who are /ourguys/? DR Congo?

>exclusively featuring players who are active in the national championships and qualified to play in the ongoing season. Expatriate players, regardless of where they play, even in Africa, are not qualified to take part in the African Championship of Nations.
That's actually a really neat feature

Nice. Who /blackstars/ here?

Here as always

>tfw Marega, Aboubakar and Brahimi need not to apply

Based. Otherwise we wouldn't win the league

You should return, Atsu

Post your squad if there was a competition like that in your continent

>I actually thought it would be worse

Ghana haven't qualified.

I gotta be for Angola, but Burkina Faso of my nigga Paulo Duarte is back up

For me, it's Uganda

EZ

guy who bet u2.5 on EVERY GAME will go at it again, will post stats occasionally

Last one was pretty comfy so looking forward to this

------Werner-----
Reus---Müller----Brandt
-----Rudy----Goretzka----
Hector--Boateng--Hummels---Kimmich
------------Neuer-----------

>no Egypt
>no Tunisia

Dayum, what did happen ? Aren't those powerhouses ? I see there's only two NA countries qualified, one being the host, why ?

>and no Doctor Congo either

Zoet; Veltman, De Ligt, Van Beek, Haps; Van de Beek, Vilhena, Van Ginkel; Berghuis, Locadia, Kluivert

no it doesnt

It's not like any of pic related would be eligible

i hope people actually watch this
and there are some goals

For me, it's Mauritania

is this like a lesser Africa Cup of Nations?

It's kinda shit, but honestly not as shit as I expected it to be

Namibia and Equatorial Guinea. Simply because first appearance.

Egypt are. Or used to be. They went down hill when Zidan retired.

Yes, we were trying to do the same thing in Conmebol so we could go back to having a cup every 2 years without harming the popularity of the main plastic one, but after FIFAgate it ended up in nothing.

only local league players allowed, egypt and tunisia chose not to compete because it disrupts the local league too much to play against part-time child soldiers