Was Kurt Wimmer a secret genius and this movie is actually a brilliant cult classic now or was it really just crap?

Was Kurt Wimmer a secret genius and this movie is actually a brilliant cult classic now or was it really just crap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVm965-lHH8
youtu.be/KwRUikpGugQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Zy5tgGuPuu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Run Lola Run looks really good now wtf

>swn be my gf

fuk u

In order to be a cult classic people would need to actually remember it.

Is this G.I Joe?

I absolutely freaking loved G.I Joe Retaliation. It was dumb fun, not in the shitty meme way like Furious movies but like a Commando way

The first one is shitty and boring

Wimmer was a kino master who basically paved the way for hack Snyder.

About a decade ahead of his time.

youtube.com/watch?v=hVm965-lHH8

Not really.

They went full retard with Ultraviolet.

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN AND HACK SNYDER BTFO

youtu.be/KwRUikpGugQ
Wait till you get to the motorcycle chase.

Wimmer is nothing but a genius hack

I saw this movie in theaters and walked out feeling ripped off.

Thing is, I went to a free screening.
The screening was for another movie, but the copy they had was messed up. So they gave us free tickets for another day for our time.
They also let us go see any other movie playing that day.
Ultraviolet was the only movie we had any interest in that none of us had seen.

Well, I guess there was good reason for that.

My friend joked that they had ripped off season 2 of Ronin Kenshin with the whole serrated blade with the blood of his enemies. He said, "What's next? Is it gonna catch on fire?" Ten or twenty minutes later. "Oh shit. I called it!"

...or think it was good in hindsight.
...or at least bad enough to be enjoyable.
This is neither.

Geez. I find Mila pretty hot, but I can't stand this garbage or the RE trash.

Fuck you guys, now I can't stop watching clips of this movie on youtube.

the only reason i know about this movie is that i liked jem and she did a song for this movie.
then she disappeared off the face of the planet and returned last year and released a terrible album. her twitter is embarrassing too.

it looks fantastic but it suuuuuuucks

get it, it's a vampire movie and it "sucks!"

huehuehue i'll be here all night folks

Uh...it's not a cult classic cuz

What Dreamcast game is this?

Please. That is Sega CD at best.

I have always answered that it's a bad movie from a poor director

But now I believe that Live Action Ghost in the Shell will be a very bad copy of this movie that it shows this movie is actually not that bad

Are you a hollywood producer? Because she might.

the plot with the kid ruined the whole movie

youtube.com/watch?v=Zy5tgGuPuu8

KINO

Zach Snyder copied this for suckerpunch what a fag

I liked aspects of the movie. But I watched it when it first came out and it sucked, watched it again about a year ago and it sucked.

But I did remember reading, that the studio took the film and re edited it. So maybe thats what happens, I think if I remember correctly they cut 20 to 30 minutes from it.
So maybe you could argue that is why its so bad.

But its a shame really, as I felt kurt Wimmer did have some good ideas, but I guess something did happen with the studio, as he hasnt directed anything since,
I mean even if you argued oh the movie flopped, surely he would have directed a tv show or something in the last 10 years

hang on I found it

>>Against the wishes of director Kurt Wimmer, the film was completely re-edited by the studio after they saw the original version which they apparently did not like; they saw it as 'too emotional' for the action film they were expecting and re-edited it so there would be more of an emphasis on the action and to cut it down to a PG-13 rating. The edition shortened the film from its original length of 120 minutes to 88 minutes. The director was quite angry about the edition, and many fans agree that it lowered the quality of the film significantly. An extended version of the film was later released with 6 additional minutes increasing the runtime to 94 minutes.

say what you will about kurt wimmer but he had vision and the studio couldn't handle it.

but he was fucking grim dark before grim dark was cool and he was proved 100% about gun kata so he truly was ahead of his time

i would even samefag to argue that equilibrium is more relevant today than the matrix