Looper Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Just watched Looper for the first time (it just arrived on Canadian Netflix). This is easily one of the best science-fiction films of the 21st century so far, it succeeds on every level, and they even managed to get Bruce Willis to look like he cares a little about what he is doing? I'm obviously late to the party, but what do you guys think? This may be one of my new favourites

I liked the concept and found it entertaining but didn't really like it. I hated the ending and it's been a while since I've seen it but I remember it having some glaring plot holes that I couldn't ignore

When the movie first came out Sup Forums seemed to enjoy the first half but loathed the latter.

cant wait for the disaster of last jedi from this shit director.

If you didn't see the twist coming a mile a way you are genuinely retarded

Its good till that stupid baby akira homage nonsense

if you had access to a time machine why would you need to send people back in time to kill them, wouldnt there be better uses.

I'm with you OP. I saw it in theaters on a date and I was so interested I didn't even pay attention to the chick next to me.

Amazing atmosphere, a really fun story that takes its time, and I absolutely fucking loved the ending. The entire movie, like the character, closes a loop at the very end. Plus it's a solid action flick all around.

Who fucking cares? The plot is about sending people back in time to kill them.

>just turn your brain off bro

>just don't be an elitist faggot bro

Liked most of it but the psychic kid was terrible. Hope Episode 8 doesn't also suffer from a weak third act.

what twist?

Great film. One of the best to come out in the sci fi genre in years.

I used to think that, then I watched the movie again.

will someone please explain to me how murder is so illegal in the future that loopers exist in the first place AND YET they just shoot Joe's wife like it's nothing then instead of killing Joe, decide to take him to a fucking time machine? There are obvious time travel plot holes in the film but this part made no sense.

Plot hole. There's also no reason for them to ever send people back to get killed by Loopers. The movie implies that they can send their people back at very specific locations, yet they don't just remove the middle man and just throw these people into the bottom of the sea, or into a volcano.

It's not illegal, just so easy to track that nobody could get away with it anymore. Killing Joe's wife was a heat of the moment mistake the thugs made.

So they fucked up, why not kill bruce willis anyways? If they weren't getting away with the killing of the wife might as well kill the person they were sent their to kill

Shit writing.

It's riddled with plot-holes.
It's a solid character piece and a great action film, but it's a shitty time-travel movie.

This. I was on board until the kid showed up then I stopped caring.

Fuck movies with kids as important characters.