/liberty/ - Libertarian General II

This thread is for the discussion of the libertarian ideology, decentralization and current events, local or global.
(Other one maxed out)

-Recent articles or events:
>Hans Hermann Hoppe on the EU: A Sinkhole of Economic and Moral Perversion
lewrockwell.com/2016/07/hans-hermann-hoppe/sinkhole-economic-moral-perversion/
>The Death of Conservatism, by Paul Gottfried.
lewrockwell.com/2016/07/paul-gottfried/death-conservatism/
>Abolish government police, by Murray N. Rothbard.
lewrockwell.com/2016/07/murray-n-rothbard/abolish-government-police/

-Sources of information:
>libertarianism.org/
>mises.org/
>lewrockwell.com

-Questions:
What are the prospects for freedom in your country?
Do any parties promote the reduction of government and decentralization there?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutualism_(economic_theory)
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/kevin-carson-austrian-and-marxist-theories-of-monopoly-capital
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best founding father

All bullshit, mutualism is the only real libertarian economics and philosophy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutualism_(economic_theory)
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/kevin-carson-austrian-and-marxist-theories-of-monopoly-capital
"The Triumph of Conservatism":
www.libertarianismo.org/livros/gkttoc.pdf

I really don't like Johnson. He seems like a wimp and a intellectual lightweight.

Why should I vote for him fellow libertarians?

Posting gun control ammo

Daily reminder that the figure of the church is the only logical and ethical replacement of the state.

Johnson is the guy who made the LP the party of the failed republicans.

2/10 Would not vote ever again.

>Why should I vote for him fellow libertarians?
You shouldn't.He is just a centrist.

Because voting for either of the main parties would just be maintaining the status quo?
And if Johnson keeps rising in the polls he''ll be included in the presidential debates

How was the papacy not just another form of government?

Toss him your vote because it moves the Libertarian party further into the spotlight.

Legal cannabis and mushrooms for tourism.

>How was the papacy not just another form of government?
It was based around favours not around coercion.The church was a massive corporation.

Is anyone checking the links, though?

pls? ;__;

Do you realize how little favor do you do to your views when the only response you're capable of is spamming memes?

That's rich coming from anyone who posts on Sup Forums.

Where do you think you are?

>A pay cut is the same as armed robbery
Retard

Just look at all these arguments

>can't respond to memes

lel, and he even thinks his snowflake ideology is worthwhile when he can't answer to 4chin memes

I read the one of Hoppe.Pretty interesting guy

Friendly reminder.

not an argument

Do you have anything new or are you just going to post the same ones in every thread?

People have already responded to your memes, but you keep posting them knowing that posting erroneous information and misrepresentations of other people's points is very easy as opposed to refuting them, which takes a good deal of writing to explain them in a honest manner.
>Where do you think you are?
Apparently, not a place where politics is actually discussed.

I'll read them later when I have some time.

>What the founding fathers actually said.
"No taxation without representation."
>What ancap hears.
"No taxation...."

yes, here had born 2 parties. We have 2 largest parties UDI and RN both are liberal in economics but conservatives in morals things. But now Amplitud and Evopolis are liberal in economics and morals

>calls themselves free
>still enslaves themselves with capitalism

what did libertarians mean by this?

Just use a filter.

Every form of anarchy is a meme

>Apparently, not a place where politics is actually discussed.
Bingo. Maybe 5 years ago you could have been in your lolbertarian hugbox. But now your lolbertarians have converted to Nazis and stormfront has taken over moderation.

If you want to talk, go to reddit you fucking faggot. This is baord for planning things and kekking memes.

I said it last thread and I'll say it again:

The founding fathers were comprised of over 40 different people with mutually exclusive views. No one can used them as a justification for their ideology.

Jefferson is the closest to libertarian you can get with them.

not an ancap but if you think ms paint memes are legitimate arguments you're a simpleton

At least we know that NEETsocs are triggered as fuck by this threads.

>this is a good thing.
Edgy kid confirmed.

>surprised a self identified nationalist is a fat autistic loser with no friends

>How much capital is actually privately owned today? Most capital is now owned collectively by corporations and managed by hired employees in the interests of their share-holders.
The majority of cars, houses and computers are privately owned by individuals. A lot of capital is in the hands of the state, and it isn't collectivized by any means. The capital that is in the hands of coroporations also isn't collectivized, you usually have a few high-ranking executives who can do with it whatever they want.

Your argument only works when we assume that corporations as a whole can hold property. To say that Google owns server farms is convenient, it beats looking up who its CEO is, but it should not hide the fact that the property of Google is not the property of all the employees of Google.

I'm not reading an entire Wikipedia-article on the off-chance that it could be important. You didn't even bother to summarize it. As a general rule, I don't read shit posten in a nepalese wallpainting hobbyist community when I don't even know what to look out for.

Basically.

>Jefferson is the closest to libertarian you can get with them.
But the funny thing is if you actually read Jefferson you'll find out he was a reactionary who hated commerce and banking and wanted America to remain an agrarian economy based around private ownership of farms where families controlled their own surplus production. He obviously didn't want the American population to become proletarianized corporate workers.

Not an-cap but what you said is similar to an ad hominem. An argument is an argument no matter the medium.

>your lolbertarian hugbox
>stormfront has taken over moderation
So you talk negatively of our hugbox from five years ago, then you proudly proclaim that you now have a hugbox?

>If you want to talk, go to reddit you fucking faggot.
>This is baord for planning things and kekking memes.
You don't like reddit, but you claim this board is reddit?

Fuck no. Especially when he has a neo-con, pro-Patriot Act, pro-Iraq War, gun control savy, globalist governor as a VP.

I mean hell, Romney said he'd rather Weld as the main ticket, that's a massive red flag right there.

I choose my words carefully. I said
> closest to libertarian you can get

Also note that Jefferson was not willing to use the power of the state to bring about his vision.

Fuck off shill. Not an argument.

>Implying the press and literature faggots don't have an inherent left wing bias and look out for their own.

I hate Gary Johnson almost as much as Bernie and Hillary, and his supporters are just as annoying as bernouts because they act like superior hot shits despite supporting the "Best candidate," a candidate that 90% of Americans have no idea who he is

stfu Stormfront Shill. Take your memes to your shithole. This board is getting a cleanup.

Also Molymeme is a goddamn ancap you dimwit.

A CEO doesn't own the corporation, the corporation and its capital is owned by its share-holders collectively and is managed by hired employees to maximize their rate of return. Most capital is collectively owned and managed in this fashion, state run corporations are just state monopoly capital.

"Cars, houses and computers" are not capital in the sense I mean it, capital at its core is a social relation not a thing i.e. wage-labour. Financial assets and such just hides this underlying fact at a high level of abstraction. Also capitalist development eventually reaches a point where "growth" will actually destroy more old monetary value than create new monetary value and result in a general decrease in net profitability... so to maintain the yield-value of their assets capitalists and vested interests must resort to political measures to curtail further investment and productivity increases. Home owners for example don't want devaluation of their real-estate so they resort to lobbying government to impose regulations to maintain its value.

Its funny that conservatives are so paranoid about inflation but see the necessity of financial assets and real-estate indefinitely inflating in value.

Every form of governmental anarchy is a meme, sometimes a period of anarchy must happen to cleanse a society or build new ones, a happening is one such period of anarchy

nah he's a fuckwit just right in mickey mouse or take the bullet and vote for authoritarian Trump (like me.)

>Literary critics I never heard of don't like Rand, but they like Orwell, therefore left-libertarianism is better!
That's fallacious as fuck.

One more thing, the quote from Whittaker Chambers is slander in its purest form. I'm not a fan of Rand, but not a single word of hers can be used to support genocide. Not that I'm surprised that this would come from Chambers. The guy was an all-around asshole, even after he left the commies. Which was after ten years, mind you. This man is no moral authority.

Can anyone tell me that the info-graph is bs? I do not want to live in a world where it is so simple yet people refuse to listen

Why do ancap think that their retarded system won't fail do to the same reason as ancom. As in human nature.

>Why do ancap think that their retarded system won't fail do to the same reason as ancom
Ancap is sustituting goverments woth corporations,what is called the church model.

So you are just renaming the dam things?

What is there to prevent insurrection, decay or simple refusal of the retarded system?

>live in libertarian paradise
>protect my private property with web of land mines as is my right
>neighbors' 10-year-old son wanders into my lawn to get his baseball and gets blown up
>parents come to me to complain
>tell them he deserved it for not respecting my property rights and would've probably grown up to be a statist anyway
>dad punches me
>sue him for violating the NAP
I sure do love freedom

It really is that simple user. More guns, less crime.

The only thing in human nature that goes against lolbertarianism is envy. And envy is despicable and only to be fought against.

>So you are just renaming the dam things?
No.Private ownership vs public property is a pretty big difference.
>What is there to prevent insurrection, decay or simple refusal of the retarded system?
Physical removal

Guys, I'm leaving for today. I'd be grateful if any of you had the initiative of opening another thread like this from time to time, that's what I'll be doing myself whenever I'm over here and nobody has opened one.

Remember to add links useful links you find and whatever else when writing the OP, if possible related to current events. Do not let all your arguments be memes just like the pathetic tripfag spamming the thread. My sources are often The Mises Institute, Lew Rockwell articles, The Cato Institute and others as such. Any other ones will be welcome, of course.

See ya guys, I'm busy today.
Because ancap does actually give answers on "what will happen if X does Y to another person?" and how will that prevented, judged and etc, whereas all ancom ever did was literally evade the question and say things as "it wouldn't happen because people would become good once we educate them because human nature doesn't exist".

Ancap isn't the law of the jungle.
Nice meme.
Interests. Government is literally a mafia and obviously won't let you protect yourself.
As a matter of fact more often than not "terrorists", "mafias", and other organizations as such either work directly for the government or make them a favor allowing them to grab more power in the name of "the common good".

>everyone who disagrees with me is biased
>everyone who agrees with me arrived at their conclusions through Pure Reason

>lolbertarianism is envy

You forgot honor, moral decency, the wish to protect ones tribe, seeking justice.

Do people not realize that ancap will not only stop attacking organized crime, they will fully permit it. They will disband the law system and replace it with an easily bribe-able system/

And there will be nothing to maintain decency or to protect a nation. As police and military will be gone.

>What is there to prevent insurrection
Muh guns shall not be infringed.
>decay
Degenerate don't thrive without gibsmedat. Anyway you can discriminate against them.
>refusal
When there is little "system" to begin with, what are you refusing? Property? Then you get physically removed.

>You forgot honor, moral decency, the wish to protect ones tribe, seeking justice.
None of these are even remotely prevented from happening in libertarianism.

>spelling "shield" wrong

>A CEO doesn't own the corporation the corporation and its capital is owned by its share-holders collectively and is managed by hired employees to maximize their rate of return. Most capital is collectively owned and managed in this fashion
I never said the CEO owns the corporation, you dumb shit. I said he owns its assets. Granted, that may or may not be true, but in many cases, it totally fucking is true, no matter what the share-holders think about it or how the law defines ownership this week.

>state run corporations are just state monopoly capital.
I never mentioned state run corporations. Not sure why you thought this was relevant.

>"Cars, houses and computers" are not capital in the sense I mean it
Which brings me to how you lefties keep redefining words. How the fuck would I know what you mean, if ten leftists would give me twenty answers on what capital is?

>capital at its core is a social relation not a thing i.e. wage-labour.
Meaning that wage-labour is capital, that it's a thing or that it's a social relation?

>No.Private ownership vs public property is a pretty big difference.

Like the fact that Public Propriety is required for a functioning nation. Without it nations will not exist as the army, police and diplomatic system will cease to exist

>Physical removal

So basically using force... Like a governament

>I shot the mailbox again, on purpose
top kek

>Anarchist capitalism
>real

>Like the fact that Public Propriety is required for a functioning nation. Without it nations will not exist as the army, police and diplomatic system will cease to exist
Not really.
>So basically using force... Like a governament
Force is used by everyone,and is needed to maintain a system

>So basically using force... Like a governament
If you really want it this way, then yes. I guess you can say that libertarianism is about each person having his government.

>No police to protect people from crime
>No army to protect people from foreign invasion

Basically you want feudalism back.

>Muh guns shall not be infringed.

Numbers, tactics... the fact that troops fighting for a cause are more loyal then mercs

>Degenerate don't thrive without gibsmedat. Anyway you can discriminate against them.
What are nobles and rich fuckers

>When there is little "system" to begin with, what are you refusing? Property? Then you get physically removed

The destruction of the necessary systems for the survival of a nation.

>physical removal
By a weak rentacop contract company. What would stop me from stockpiling weapons and overthrowing the local government in an ancap system?

Continued:
>Financial assets and such just hides this underlying fact at a high level of abstraction.
It hides what fact? Saying that something is a social relation does not mean you don't have to define it, and it confers preciously little insight into anything at all. You could call murder a social relation between murderer and victim and it would help neither your case nor the poor idiots trying to make sense of your bullshit.

>Also capitalist development eventually reaches a point where "growth" will actually destroy more old monetary value than create new monetary value and result in a general decrease in net profitability...
Aha. Why?

>so to maintain the yield-value of their assets capitalists and vested interests must resort to political measures to curtail further investment and productivity increases.
>Home owners for example don't want devaluation of their real-estate so they resort to lobbying government to impose regulations to maintain its value.
Of course people turn to the government when they have a government that routineously takes measures like that. How that's a feature of capitalism is beyond me.

>Its funny that conservatives are so paranoid about inflation but see the necessity of financial assets and real-estate indefinitely inflating in value.
I don't, but then again, I'm not a conservative.

>Not really.

Yes really you potato. Without police you won't have a common law that all people follow, you won't have law basically.

Without a army and just using militias and mercs you are less competent than a standing army not to add that militias have poor discipline and mercs are easily bought off.

>Force is used by everyone,and is needed to maintain a system

And what differs your system from a government?

>property
Property doesn't exist senpai. It's inherently theft of our common birthright to the earth.

Daily reminder @summerfags that libertarian threads are paid shilling to skim some trump votes.

The current society is the natural successor of previous "libertarian" societies. Don't fall for the (((individualism))) meme, designed to destroy the coherence of white societies!

Nothing really.

It basically chooses to ignore the effect patriotism or religion has on a group of people. Heck even extended families might be able to muster a capable enough force to take over.

>Basically you want feudalism back.
If you wan to call anything that is not a central state feudalism I won't argue semantics too long. Words have meaning, and people having their property by contract and by civil law without state mandate does not make feudalism.

Private securities have proven to be more effective than bureaucratic police in many American towns (to only give contemporary examples).

Rothbard himself saw the error of his ways and became a closed borders, race realist, Holocaust skeptic. What's your excuse libertarians?