Tfw you beat the shit out of your friends

tfw you beat the shit out of your friends

it's on tmc rn

He's listening to Strauss or vivaldi in this scene can't remember.

Dope as fuck that Kubrick randomly made this ultra slow mo

Why wear all white clothes if you're going to commit ultraviolence all the time? Wouldn't red be better? Or does the milk cover it all up?

I don't understand why this movie is so popular
I didn't read the book

It was a shit film and if you say otherwise you're a penis.

>Not being a fashionable Droog oh my brother

Lord of the Rings was on when you wrote that.

It's the height of nadsat fashion

Bumping

>paying for cable
Hi mom

Is it really that easy to talk girls into having a threesome?

The book is better.

The book is worse.

The book is about the same.

Hitler would have burnt the book.

FOOOOOOD

ALRIGHT?

The book is almost the same, except for the ending. There was some kind of mistake when they were printing the book and it got to some countries without the last chapter. Kubrick couldn't include the actual ending of the book because of this.

they essentially tortured him into being a vegetable 1984 style in the book, right?

It was taken out by the editor because it was too optimistic and the American zeitgeist wasn't at that time, Burgess hated the American edition.

No, he ends up back with the droogs but by now the droogs have grown up and he realizes he probably should too.

>he doesn't know Rossini

No, he simply grows out of antisocial behavior and makes a conscious decision to stop

At the end of the movie he stops being an asshole and ends up in some kind of agreement with this one guy. In the book, he stops being an asshole for a while, then he goes back to be a piece of shit until he gets his girlfriend pregnant, then he realizes that there had to be more to life than being an asshole, so he stops.

No, he's planning on having a baby to have a happy family. By the end of the book he hasn't had a baby yet.

This thread stinks of reddit

>Talking about books
>Must be Reddit!
Oh god, this is what we've became into.

Thank god someone finally answered my question.

>he didn't get the end of the movie

Alex begins to grow up, in a manner of speaking, or rather, it appears as though he's beginning to outgrow the violent antics of his youth.

The catalyst being an encounter with one of his former droogs, Pete, now relatively well-adjusted and with a family of his own. Alex questions whether or not he should follow suit, and rejoin society-proper, while also musing on the possibility that his children, should he sire any, might themselves acquire his antisocial tendencies.

In a sense, it's a much more optimistic ending than the film's, which suggests that Alex will return to a life of crime (which he does, if only for a time).

i guess it being visibly blood covered and dirty after a fight is part of the appeal

Also worth noting that Kubrick just hated the ending to the book, when they finally got around to asking him about the difference.

gave me home invasion nightmares

can anyone explain what happened to their society to cause the ultraviolence?

Collapse of social order, kids being left to do whatever. If you've ever encountered some youths from less favoured neighbourhoods you know that it's not far off. Teenagers do actually form rowing gangs of hooligans when left alone, and they can turn extremely violent.

Book is shit
So I didnt bothered watching the movie

that's a very reddit picture

One of the most overrated movies ever.

so did I, what a fucking useless chapter